• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leeds United v Arsenal | November 22 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglist57

Established Member
Im praying we play some decent football. Im not expecting a win, just something mildly entertaining thats not a complete snooze fest would suffice

Well I bought chess sets for me and my brother to learn how to play so you tell me!

And you know The Queens Gambit?

I don't play opening theory, I play more of a system that is called the London System.

If you want to have fun as white and you're better than you're brother and you like gambits I would recommend The Evans Gambit, It a gambit everyone needs to know by heart and then there is also the Halloween gambit.

As black, I'm deep into the theory of Caro-Kann and Slav defense you can try the Scandinavian gambit or the Icelandic Gambit for more fun!

GDeep™

League is very weak
The progression of his career says otherwise (not accounting for him currently being played there). Starting to get the feeling there’s a bit of pigheadedness around this issue.
Don’t know what Arteta is on about. Think he might be overthinking it, sometimes you can outsmart yourself.

Steps

As black, I'm deep into the theory of Caro-Kann and Slav defense you can try the Scandinavian gambit or the Icelandic Gambit for more fun!
+1 for the Caro-Kann. Read Tal - Botvinnik 1960 if you get the chance. It was written by Tal. Botvinnik played the Caro-Kann every game as black.

I play the Modern, Black Lion, or French as Black. 1. d4 for white, or the Vienna.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm pleased we've gone back to a back 4 & he's put Auba up front now, only problem is Willian is still in there unfortunately. Hopefully we can take advantage of this now.

+1 for the Caro-Kann. Read Tal - Botvinnik 1960 if you get the chance. It was written by Tal. Botvinnik played the Caro-Kann every game as black.

I play the Modern, Black Lion, or French as Black. 1. d4 for white, or the Vienna.

Yeah, I've watched the games in the earlier encounter of Tal and Botvinnik, think it's game 6 where Tal sacrifices his horse as black to get an amazing win against Botvinnik, probably the greatest move ever played in World Champion. I actually put the book "How I became a world champion" after Tal on my Christmas list and also a new Icelandic book about Fischer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom