• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sadly many aspects changing my opinion into the "New Manager Bounce" direction.

Emery lost the dressing room and Arteta created a new full team spirit with his wish of mentality. He gave every player a new chance, the team was motivated again and played every game with 100% motivation. He tried some new tactically things and the other clubs haven't excactly know, what they had to expect against Arteta's team. Probably some thought, that we would play something like Wenger/Guardiola-football, but in reality it was more influenced by Moyes.

Good motivation can give you a good spell of results, but longterm it isn't succesful. Other teams know how Arteta wants to play now, it's pretty easy to read and it's no problem for them anymore. Normally it's Artetas turn to change things again to make it more difficult against us, but i haven't seen much of it so far.

Players get frustrated, because they aren't getting chances, while other players are allowed to play every week despite not performing. In addition you have special cases like Özil, Guendouzi and Saliba. I wouldn't be surprised, if Pepe has no chance for a comeback like Guendouzi. Arteta threw him completely under the bus to distract from his errors and the team performance.

I can accept, that we don't have the quality for the Top 4. But the team quality is better than we are watching nearly the full season. One day we will sign an offensive midfielder and after some weeks we will discuss, that we are lacking quality on another position again.

We had a goalscorer, who scored 20+ goals for so many consecutive seasons and i'm not even sure he will get around 10 goals this season.

Kysus

The 3-4-3 system was actually built around Auba (in attack). Auba on the left with Tierney and Saka making underlapping and overlapping runs, and the striker dropping deep. All to drag defenders out of position and open up space for Auba. Auba could be more effective in the middle if we had a suitable attacking midfielder, which we don't.

The issue we're seeing is attacks breaking down whenever it reaches the final third, with any combination of Auba, Willian, Lacazette and Pepe up front. And it happened today with changes to the system and Auba up top. Auba's not performing due to what we can perceive to be confidence/mental problems, but neither are the others. Particularly Pepe and Lacazette. I'm saying it's the result of our forward line as a whole being very unbalanced, and not able to work together as a unit. But they're the best we have and I don't see an internal solution to the issue aside from perhaps Martinelli. Nelson's not a player I see a great deal of quality in.

Ye **** Auba, he should be able to run the entire pitch and curl it in from 20 yards like it ain't no thing every game.
How dare he not maintaining that.

And **** Pepe, he should be able to pick it up 60 yards from goal, beat 3-4 men and curl it into the top corner, what a tosser.

And **** Laca too, he should be able to receive it alone in the centre, surrounded by like 5 bodies, dribble past them all and create something.
He is an attacker afterall, fat, slow tosser.

Give us better players, like Bamford, Mikel Antonio or Jordan Ayew then we can be great again.

Kav

Established Member
Sadly many aspects changing my opinion into the "New Manager Bounce" direction.

Emery lost the dressing room and Arteta created a new full team spirit with his wish of mentality. He gave every player a new chance, the team was motivated again and played every game with 100% motivation. He tried some new tactically things and the other clubs haven't excactly know, what they had to expect against Arteta's team. Probably some thought, that we would play something like Wenger/Guardiola-football, but in reality it was more influenced by Moyes.

Good motivation can give you a good spell of results, but longterm it isn't succesful. Other teams know how Arteta wants to play now, it's pretty easy to read and it's no problem for them anymore. Normally it's Artetas turn to change things again to make it more difficult against us, but i haven't seen much of it so far.

Players get frustrated, because they aren't getting chances, while other players are allowed to play every week despite not performing. In addition you have special cases like Özil, Guendouzi and Saliba. I wouldn't be surprised, if Pepe has no chance for a comeback like Guendouzi. Arteta threw him completely under the bus to distract from his errors and the team performance.

I can accept, that we don't have the quality for the Top 4. But the team quality is better than we are watching nearly the full season. One day we will sign an offensive midfielder and after some weeks we will discuss, that we are lacking quality on another position again.

We had a goalscorer, who scored 20+ goals for so many consecutive seasons and i'm not even sure he will get around 10 goals this season.
All is not well in Oz, it seems. All of the foregoing speaks to a bigger issue than individual players. Perhaps Mr. Non Negotiables might have to reconsider his stance on some principles or personnel or both.

He will learn very quickly the moment that fans return that we won't tolerate platitudes. We want substance.

Manberg

Predator
Ye **** Auba, he should be able to run the entire pitch and curl it in from 20 yards like it ain't no thing every game.
How dare he not maintaining that.

And **** Pepe, he should be able to pick it up 60 yards from goal, beat 3-4 men and curl it into the top corner, what a tosser.

And **** Laca too, he should be able to receive it alone in the centre, surrounded by like 5 bodies, dribble past them all and create something.
He is an attacker afterall, fat, slow tosser.

I didn't say that. You go too far. I want more fluency and dynamism in our attack. More movement, crisp and faster passing, and dribbling and running at players. Not much to ask for from a £200m front line. Is it?
Watch Liverpool's less expensive front line in comparison. Or Tottenham's Kane and Son.

Kav

Established Member
I didn't say that. You go too far. I want more fluency and dynamism in our attack. More moveement, crisp and faster passing, and dribbling at players. Not much to ask for from a £200m front line. Is it?
Watch Liverpool's less expensive front line in comparison. Or Tottenham's Kane and Son.

Are you saying that we spent 200m on crappy players or that because we spent 200m we should have a better attack?

Either one is flawed. Money spent does not equate to quality. Money is merely a representation of value.

Your post is illogical.

Manberg

Predator
Are you saying that we spent 200m on crappy players or that because we spent 200m we should have a better attack?

Either one is flawed. Money spent does not equate to quality. Money is merely a representation of value.

Your post is illogical.

Both. I think Lacazette and Pepe are average footballers. Auba is having what I hope to be temporary issues and is not playing well. As a whole they are not performing. What's illogical about that thought?

Kysus

The manager doesn't tell his forwards not run at players, and not to pass and move. Quite the opposite.

Of course he does and it is quite obvious too, hurts to watch.
Arteta is way too systematic, does not want players to move out of position(even when having the ball) to not get caught out in case we lose it.
Therefore zero movement, extremely conservative

Zero freedom equals zero creativity, not surprising.

Manberg

Predator
Of course he does and it is quite obvious too, hurts to watch.
Arteta is way too systematic, does not want players to move out of position(even when having the ball) to not get caught out in case we lose it.
Therefore zero movement, extremely conservative

Zero freedom equals zero creativity, not surprising.

I doubt that very much. When we have the ball we're playing in a back two and pushing forwards. It's not "extremely conservative" at all. Arteta wants his strikers getting in the box and linking up together and moving the ball quickly. To suggest otherwise is not true.

Kysus

I doubt that very much. When we have the ball we're playing in a back two and pushing forwards. It's not "extremely conservative" at all. Arteta wants his strikers getting in the box and linking up together and moving the ball quickly. To suggest otherwise is not true.

You still going on around in a delusional cycle just ignoring how we play.
There is no linkup, ever.
Laca is always alone in the centre, heatmaps prove it too.

We are "topclass forwards hug the touchline to cross to midget striker FC"

Manberg

Predator
You still going on around in a delusional cycle just ignoring how we play.
There is no linkup, ever.
Laca is always alone in the centre, heatmaps prove it too.

We are "worldclass forwards hug the touchline to cross to midget striker FC"

Ever think that the reason our system is based around wingplay, is because that's where the strengths of the team is? And the reason we don't attack through the middle, is because we don't have an attacking midfielder for the play to go through?

A simple case of building around your strengths and not your weaknesses :lol:

Kav

Established Member
Both. I think Lacazette and Pepe are average footballers. Auba is having what I hope to be temporary issues and is not playing well. As a whole they are not performing. What's illogical about that thought?

Because of the inference you made. You implied that we should be doing better because we spent 200m on players in attacking position. This ignores the obvious. The Quality of a player is not dependent on the money spent.

There are many factors that go into transfers (whether there is a price or for free). There are countless players that have been irreplaceable or priceless for clubs that were free transfers. There are other generational talents that teams have acquired through their academies and prices won't reflect that. Focusing on how much spent is showing that you don't understand that quality is not aligned with prices.

In any given case not because you buy a player for 100m means he will fix your problems and take you to glory. There are so many factors that impact on a team's success and a player's ability to contribute like;
  • Language, assimilation to new environment, Culture of the new team,
  • Tactics and systems played, communication and understanding between the player and management,
  • Chemistry with teammates, style of play, level of competition in the squad, level of playing standard in the league.

I say all that to say that you saying we spent x means very little. What is the quality that we have up front. Auba yes, Laca is inconsistent. Pepe is unknown (he's been here over a year now and this is worrying).

However they are not the issue because Pepe hardly plays so that removes 72Million from your price argument. Laca is basically playing as a Defensive striker so he's almost never in the box or free. That leaves the opponents to focus on our only goal threat in Auba. What you have failed to realize is that it is very easy to defend against Arsenal and that is down to the manager. He needs to fix it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

We took this slick football for granted.

Ffs, a near 2 minute vid for it to finish with Woj lumping it out of play...I get what that vid is showing, but that made me laugh at the end :lol:

This reinforces my view though, look at that midfield...Arteta-Ramsey-Cazorla-Özil-Rosicky...if you want quality football, you need quality players, something we don't have.

Manberg

Predator
Because of the inference you made. You implied that we should be doing better because we spent 200m on players in attacking position. This ignores the obvious. The Quality of a player is not dependent on the money spent.

There are many factors that go into transfers (whether there is a price or for free). There are countless players that have been irreplaceable or priceless for clubs that were free transfers. There are other generational talents that teams have acquired through their academies and prices won't reflect that. Focusing on how much spent is showing that you don't understand that quality is not aligned with prices.

In any given case not because you buy a player for 100m means he will fix your problems and take you to glory. There are so many factors that impact on a team's success and a player's ability to contribute like;
  • Language, assimilation to new environment, Culture of the new team,
  • Tactics and systems played, communication and understanding between the player and management,
  • Chemistry with teammates, style of play, level of competition in the squad, level of playing standard in the league.

I say all that to say that you saying we spent x means very little. What is the quality that we have up front. Auba yes, Laca is inconsistent. Pepe is unknown (he's been here over a year now and this is worrying).

However they are not the issue because Pepe hardly plays so that removes 72Million from your price argument. Laca is basically playing as a Defensive striker so he's almost never in the box or free. That leaves the opponents to focus on our only goal threat in Auba. What you have failed to realize is that it is very easy to defend against Arsenal and that is down to the manager. He needs to fix it.

I'm aware of that. By saying I expect more for the money paid, I'm also implying that it's money not well spent. You didn't need to write an essay to argue about a misunderstanding of my English.

Auba is our biggest goal threat. How can you not build an attack around him? Pepe is supposed to be the threat on the other wing but he's failed to deliver. There's no other solution in our squad, it's the best we have and it's not good enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom