• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
1) Sack everyone and hire Rangnick and let him have his pick of coach.

2) Sack everyone and raid Gladbach for the duo of Max Eberl as DoF and Marco Rose as coach.

3) If Edu survives, try and use that South American connection and finally get Marcelo Gallardo to Europe.

Others I'd not be completely against are Ten Hag, Fonseca, Tuchel.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You guys keep blaming the players, but you'll run out of excuses soon.

Every match against relegation candidates are cup finals now. I find it amazing how some refuse to give Arteta any responsibility for what we've seen.

Find it odd that people can't get around to the fact that you can still back the manager while being very worried with what we're seeing.

They are not mutually exclusive.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
1) Sack everyone and hire Rangnick and let him have his pick of coach.

2) Sack everyone and raid Gladbach for the duo of Max Eberl as DoF and Marco Rose as coach.

3) If Edu survives, try and use that South American connection and finally get Marcelo Gallardo to Europe.

Others I'd not be completely against are Ten Hag, Fonseca, Tuchel.

Yeah, if we are comtemplating sacking him we need to do a full cull.

Edu cannot remain at the club to pick a manager.

I have very little faith in Tuchel if he were to come here, what I'm seeing from PSG this season and last year's final is just not what we need.

Is he a good man manager? Doesn't strike me as so.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, if we are comtemplating sacking him we need to do a full cull.

Edu cannot remain at the club to pick a manager.

I have very little faith in Tuchel if he were to come here, what I'm seeing from PSG this season and last year's final is just not what we need.

Is he a good man manager? Doesn't strike me as so.
Tuchel is good manager the expectations at psg is ridiculous tho he could have done better he he lead them to CL final.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Every match against relegation candidates are cup finals now. I find it amazing how some refuse to give Arteta any responsibility for what we've seen.

I've been blaming the players since forever tbh, it's the Wenger Out guys that can't handle it. I knew this team wouldn't do better under Arteta than they did with Emery or Arsène.

Read the FA Cup final back a week or so ago...I remember a post by @BigPoppaPump that said something like "Great win, but you know the players will let us down again next season." :lol:

Sometimes I feel like the bad guy for being a pessimist when everyone else is getting excited, but I feel like people just don't want to see what's right in front of them.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

They failed with 3 different managers most of them actually. Why they escaping the blame? Also we few point from 4th spot why every game against relegation team is world cup final? So city and utd should say the same too? They have similar points as ours

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Arteta goes then Edu must too, he hired Arteta and is questionable himself in many ways. Like this you are restructuring the club every season.

The fear you have is that we keep Edu and he hires an Henry or Vieira.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They failed with 3 different managers most of them actually. Why they escaping the blame? Also we few point from 4th spot why every game against relegation team is world cup final? So city and utd should say the same too? They have similar points as ours
Most of the team is new, how have they failed 3 managers?

Leno, Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Saka, Willian, Dani, Pepe, even Auba really, didn’t even play for Wenger. This is our main starting team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can pick all the names you want. We’re going no where if we’re not going to give them time.

Arteta is still inside his first year ffs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Most of our starters this season didn't play under Wenger. Same with Emery, so that's not accurate.

Emery didn't have Bellerin, Tierney (both injured), Partey, Willian, Gabriel. Wenger had even less. Emery gave Saka his first start when he didn't even touch the ball in his debut and he wasn't the player we see today.

Under Arteta, there is no Saka he is getting cup games if he's lucky.

Even Martinelli, people are kidding themselves thinking he's walking right back into the side, when reality Arteta is sticking him in the U23's after spouting waffle about needing to get to the right level physically.

The guy didn't even play for Arteta in the league when he was fit.

Keep burying your head in the sand though, like I said the problems aren't going to go away. Our players aren't performing for sure, but if you think Arteta doesn't have a part to play in this, you're kidding yourselves.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No point throwing names around without accepting we’re not hiring maverick types as they’ll challenge the club, we’re not hiring the big budget managers etc.

We will most likely get a Rafa Benitez, and become a London Newcastle.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Most of the team is new, how have they failed 3 managers?

Leno, Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Saka, Willian, Dani, Pepe, even Auba really, didn’t even play for Wenger. This is our main starting team.
I said most of them we still have players from 2016 season. Most players you mention are not good too we didn't buy well apart from few. We looked for names rather improving the team we finally did that this season with Gabriel and Partey but gone stupid with Willian

GDeep™

League is very weak
I said most of them we still have players from 2016 season. Most players you mention are not good too we didn't buy well apart from few. We looked for names rather improving the team we finally did that this season with Gabriel and Partey but gone stupid with Willian
You backed Raul with @Jury @say yes @American_Gooner etc and now you’re telling me his signings are poor.

Can’t make this up.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think this is a bit premature. Take stock after the season is over.

Otherwise there is always this AM favourite:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Trying the “Arsenal man” route. Chelsea and Utd have tried it, they are bigger clubs with bigger ambitions.
They've done the "Arsenal man" thing with Arteta, and by all accounts he was more highly regarded in the game than either of those two.

IMO this situation is more like United when they hired Mourinho, I would expect the club to make a big name appointment if it came to it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They've done the "Arsenal man" thing with Arteta, and by all accounts he was more highly regarded in the game than either of those two.

IMO this situation is more like United when they hired Mourinho, I would expect the club to make a big name appointment if it came to it.
Big name like who? Second rate big name like Benitez who will accept any working condition?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom