• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And what are we seeing from Arteta that looks like he is the man to bring us sustained success? Our defence has only improved because we no longer attack. It's easy as a boxer not to get hit if you never throw a punch and open up.

If you believe all the players signed here because of Arteta your naive.

One thing I would love to have heard was the conversation between Arteta and Auba. Artetas project he sold to him. Had he said we are going to spend the next year or two focusing on defence and your gonna be hugging the touch line one week or playing as a target man as all we will do is punt hopeful balls up front as we wont commit midfielders to create I wonder would he be playing somewhere different now. I expect so.

• We haven't conceded any goals from set pieces in the league this season. Only team to do so.
  • Our defence has improved a lot.
  • We are way more resilient as a team, we don't capitulate every game like we used to under the smallest amount of pressure.
  • We look better against bigger sides.
  • Seems to be excellent tactically.
Arteta steadied a ship that was leaking goals for years and years under previous regimes. Is it pretty? Nope. But I'd rather have a solid base to work from than a leaky one. He now has that base. You can't expect everything at once.

Anyone saying Arteta needs to go right now, think for a minute. Give him the winter window, allow Martinelli to come back in. Give Arteta this season to prove himself.

If we completely bomb out for whatever reason then even I will be questioning things. But its naive and narrow minded to expect everything you want at once, we'll have bumps and go through difficulties. Roll with it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Anyone wanting Arteta gone right now look at the statements above. Both clubs had very similar circumstances in terms of managers leaving after being there for a very unique amount of time in regards to football management.

Do you want a rebuild and sustained success or do you want instant success and potential turbulent, chopping and changing years for the next 5 years?
I don’t want Arteta out, I think he needs to take responsibility for the rut we are in and fix it, every manager goes through it.

I only pipe up when posters here try put everything on the “crap players” we have.

It’s a problem with both player and manager.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
  • We haven't conceded any goals from set pieces in the league this season. Only team to do so.
  • Our defence has improved a lot.
  • We are way more resilient as a team, we don't capitulate every game like we used to under the smallest amount of pressure.
  • We look better against bigger sides.
  • Seems to be excellent tactically.
Arteta steadied a ship that was leaking goals for years and years under previous regimes. Is it pretty? Nope. But I'd rather have a solid base to work from than a leaky one. He now has that base. You can't expect everything at once.

Anyone saying Arteta needs to go right now, think for a minute. Give him the winter window, allow Martinelli to come back in. Give Arteta this season to prove himself.

If we completely bomb out for whatever reason then even I will be questioning things. But its naive and narrow minded to expect everything you want at once, we'll have bumps and go through difficulties. Roll with it.

Why are we the ones that always have to take the bumps but.

Chelsea win the EL and get CL football sake Sarri get inexperienced Frank. His first year he does an excellent job. Has his list of players he wants. Get them. And is improving week on week.

Ole as much of a bum people call him. Has a squad with plenty of holes in it and problems. Still getting results. Still scraping 3 points. Still playing CL football. And still offering glimmers of hope even if its false.

Leciester under Rodgers improved within a couple of months. Maybe even weeks.

Mourinhos second year and look how the players are buying into it. He has changed Kanes position to drop deeper and assist more. He has called out big signings to step up. What happened? They stepped up. Hes getting the reactions he wants.

Are we getting them?

As for Martinelli anyone who thinks hes going to be the saviour think again. Arteta didnt fancy him last season despite playing well.

Tactically excellent you say? Leciester done a job on us we all knew how they would win. That's tactical excellence. Going to city losing 1 0 is nothing to be proud off. Especially when you sit like a limp **** all game. Same with Liverpool. We didnt land a glove on them.

Only decent match we have had this season is United and we would have been walking away with a 0 0 had it not been for Pogbas stupidity.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They have to be realistic and admit that there is a chance that Arteta is just a rookie manager and not the young hotshot manager who came straight into a big club and competed with the best managers in the world. I mean even reading that, it sounds pretty unrealistic doesn't it?

I've been saying this from day 1 but everyone was getting too gassed over Arteta. For what reason? I don't get it, it's all just hype.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Chelsea win the EL and get CL football sake Sarri get inexperienced Frank. His first year he does an excellent job. Has his list of players he wants. Get them. And is improving week on week.

Ole as much of a bum people call him. Has a squad with plenty of holes in it and problems. Still getting results. Still scraping 3 points. Still playing CL football. And still offering glimmers of hope even if its false.

Mourinhos second year and look how the players are buying into it. He has changed Kanes position to drop deeper and assist more. He has called out big signings to step up. What happened? They stepped up. Hes getting the reactions he wants.

Are we getting them?

As for Martinelli anyone who thinks hes going to be the saviour think again. Arteta didnt fancy him last season despite playing well.

Tactically excellent you say? Leciester done a job on us we all knew how they would win. That's tactical excellence. Going to city losing 1 0 is nothing to be proud off. Especially when you sit like a limp **** all game. Same with Liverpool. We didnt land a glove on them.

Only decent match we have had this season is United and we would have been walking away with a 0 0 had it not been for Pogbas stupidity.

All those teams have better players than us though, even Leicester have Maddison and Telemans in midfield, that's better than our creative mids.

I like this thread though, it's funny :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
All those teams have better players than us though, even Leicester have Maddison and Telemans in midfield, that's better than our creative mids.

I like this thread though, it's funny :lol:

I dont buy that. I believe that the manager is getting the most out of each player. Are you telling me what you are seeing now is the most this team is capable of? I will repeat in case you forgot that Emery who everyone called a bum went 22 games unbeaten, give Napoli a lesson twice, stuffed Valencia, and had us a whisker away from CL qualification with this same squad more or less. Ramsey wasnt the difference between that and where we are now before you try find a "players" reason.

Reactions: JCB

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Are we getting them?

You're missing the key point here. Ole was absolutely abysmal and united were getting awful results.... BEFORE BRUNO CAME IN. Because they lacked creativity, shock.

Lampard has always had quality creative players at his disposal.

Rodgers has Tielemans and Maddison and Leicester actually struggled a lot whilst Madders was out last season.

Mourinho has Son and Kane, two of the best creative players in the league.

We do not have a single consistent creative player, in fact we have no creative player in the squad except Saka right now. That's how desperately bad it is, and he isn't even a central playmaker!!!

Do you not see the main issue here? Its so obvious but you keep coming back to the manager, very weird.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I dont buy that. I believe that the manager is getting the most out of each player. Are you telling me what you are seeing now is the most this team is capable of? I will repeat in case you forgot that Emery who everyone called a bum went 22 games unbeaten, give Napoli a lesson twice, stuffed Valencia, and had us a whisker away from CL qualification with this same squad more or less. Ramsey wasnt the difference between that and where we are now before you try find a "players" reason.

To my post above even Emery had Özil, Iwobi and Mikky creating for him. We have nobody.

Riou

@<<reed>> definitely on a wind up.

Arteta could improve though, as you say he's not even managing a year...the fact him, Ole and Lampard are managing Arsenal, United and Chelsea is bizarre really :lol:

Just happy to give him time...as I have a connection with him, if we had players that I rated and we were playing like this, then I couldn't defend him really...just feel we should give him a period to really show what he can do at this point, since we already appointed him anyway...we won't be a very good team regardless of the who the manager is atm, imo.

Plus, I turned on Arsène pretty badly after the Leicester season, which I regret...feel a bit of loyalty to one of Arsène's ex-players, is a small way of making that up to him on my part.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're missing the key point here. Ole was absolutely abysmal and united were getting awful results.... BEFORE BRUNO CAME IN. Because they lacked creativity, shock.

Lampard has always had quality creative players at his disposal.

Rodgers has Tielemans and Maddison and Leicester actually struggled a lot whilst Madders was out last season.

Mourinho has Son and Kane, two of the best creative players in the league.

We do not have a single consistent creative player, in fact we have no creative player in the squad except Saka right now. That's how desperately bad it is, and he isn't even a central playmaker!!!

Do you not see the main issue here? Its so obvious but you keep coming back to the manager, very weird.

Well then why didnt the manager sign 2 attacking players instead of a defender and a midfielder? Why did he sign a 32 year old who actually isnt really creative. Why did he sign 2 defenders in Mari and Soares. And why is he ignoring Özil? So many bad moves but I suppose that's the players fault too.

Malky

Established Member
Juventus and Roma were put off Poch's £8m a year demands but I think that's more down to Serie A cheapness. Reckon the Kroenkes would pay that for the right manager, Arteta is on £5m a year despite coming into the job as a novice.
What the ****? We're paying Arteta £5M a year to learn on the job when, for £3M more, we'd have Potch here? :facepalm:
The board must of been really impressed with Arteta's hair, and selection of jackets, to give him that kind of money :lol:

Riou

It's "easier" in a way to play against bigger teams, players can get behind a more workman like attitude in those matches, Arteta got that in the FA Cup too.

The 18/19 team was better than this team, certainly from an attacking point of view imo...plus Emery is a good and experienced coach, even with his flaws.

But that 22 game unbeaten run was lucky really, though we did play well in some matches during it...our 49 game unbeaten run, or even our start to the 2007/2008 season (were we didn't lose a league game until December) those were proper runs of form...we were just smashing teams to bits back then.

Maybe I underrate the squad, maybe you overrate the squad...all I can go by is how I feel and what I see, and I have seen us not playing consistently well for years now, under 3 different managers, 1 of the them being one of the greatest attacking managers of all time...maybe it's time to try to focus on the players more, when trying to solve this issue, as opposed to keep sacking the coach?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta could improve though, as you say he's not even managing a year...the fact him, Ole and Lampard are managing Arsenal, United and Chelsea is bizarre really :lol:

Just happy to give him time...as I have a connection with him, if we had players that I rated and we were playing like this, then I couldn't defend him really...just feel we should give him a period to really show what he can do at this point, since we already appointed him anyway...we won't be a very good team regardless of the who the manager is atm, imo.

Plus, I turned on Arsène pretty badly after the Leicester season, which I regret...feel a bit of loyalty to one of Arsène's ex-players, is a small way of making that up to him on my part.

Well the manager at Chelsea doesn't matter because their success is based on Roman Abramovich, it doesn't matter who their manager is they'll always have unlimited funds and buying the best players. Man Utd are baffled since Alex Ferguson they don't know how to get back to the top without him, Ole was meant to be temp and Arsenal well we're just cheap and poorly run.

I think one reason why I had differing views on Arsenal to others is because I don't look at it with any sentiment or connections or who I relate to. I look at what's on the pitch and not blinded by feelings. People tend to cut people slack based on hype and excitement rather than reality.

Also I doubt Arsène gives a sh*t about Arteta, you're not making it up to him now that ship has sailed. You guys turned him into a villain, insulted him, protested against him, blamed him for everything. For what? 8th placed finished? Endless Europa seasons? Expensive bums? Chelsea rejects?

Part of me wishes we never won the FA Cup so we didn't have to do Europa again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Could have kept Micky rather than release him. Never a big fan myself but balling out with 5g & 4a in 8 games + solid last year... clear as day some value there as a starter for Roma.

Instead we are paying Willian big bucks. Its decisions like this that Arteta and the club are making. So many amateur decisions. Dont get me wrong I didnt rate Miki. But if we were going to sign someone older on probably higher overall wages was it worth it? Not sure anymore.

Kind of wish I could emotionally detach myself from the club for a year but i cant.

Onto Wolves on Sunday and Sp**s the following week. Cant believe as an Arsenal fan i cant confidently watch a game knowing we will win. Must be what it's like supporting Burnley or someone.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom