• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Moah

If these past two or three years are not able to open your eyes on what we lost when Wenger left, nothing will. Even Wenger's worst season is about 10x better than this ****show.

We are absolutely dead right now and it still feels like there is more to come. We may have stagnated a bit under Wenger in his last few years but it was never, by any means, close to what we are seeing lately.

We have literally taken the soul out of our football. Simple as.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here's one for you. If all the fan pressure was so unjust why were they putting pressure on in the first place? Was it because we were getting battered year after year in the CL? Or was it because we were getting battered away from home in big games?

I don't know why you can't admit the last 4 or 5 years were a massive decline and failure. Fan pressure was completely justified, I disagree with abuse, but pressure absolutely justified. You cannot say that Wenger was going to get us out of the rut.
Getting into the CL last round of 16 with exciting football most years was fantastic, not a rut. What we're in now is a rut, a real mid table boring football rut. Thanks for helping to bring that about with your fake news.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Wenger had the full support from the fans, they worshiped him as a god and he has built up a mountain of goodwill points over the decades. For them to turn on him one by one until most are against him shows how far the rot has gotten and why he has to leave. If you want to blame the owners then it's not possible to avoid blaming Wenger too when he has gone out of the way to praise the Kroenkes and boardroom for supporting him.

• 8 DEC 2014
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-Arsène-wenger-abused-furious-4767545
Angry supporters launched a foul-mouthed tirade at the long-serving Frenchman, demanding he walked away from the club after the latest setback

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If these past two or three years are not able to open your eyes on what we lost when Wenger left, nothing will. Even Wenger's worst season is about 10x better than this ****show.

We are absolutely dead right now and it still feels like there is more to come. We may have stagnated a bit under Wenger in his last few years but it was never, by any means, close to what we are seeing lately.

We have literally taken the soul out of our football. Simple as.

Yeah, Wenger wasn't perfect and there were a lot of issues during the end of his tenure (no matter what anyway says, we should no be routinely battered by big sides).

But I in retrospective without a shadow of a doubt I didn't give him enough credit during the latter part of his reign. Managing is no cake walk that's for sure.

EDIT: I still think it was his time to go though, I should add that, and he probably should've left in 2014 tbh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger last 4 years, 400m spent, regressing league position, rightfully being told he wasn't good enough.

Don't see anything wrong with that tbh.
2014 4th, 2015 3rd, 2016 2nd - that is not a regressing league position.
So that's not 4 years decline.

And we spent £368m in those 4 years, compared to £660m United, Liverpool £476m, Chelsea £ 562m, City £757m

You've become an inconsequential troll on this forum, and its sad to see.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You keep repeating that, but it's grossly unjust. The life of a football manager is tough, tough, tough. Witness, Emery and Arteta. Wenger had the full weight of the fans around his neck, the other two managers had full support. And in fact Klopp had Michael Edwards making some stunning decisions in the transfer market to help him succeed whilst Wenger, Gazidis and the board were panicking about the fan rants and making stupid decisions like Perez and Mustafi.

To bring down Wenger with a sustained campaign and when he finally drops out of the top 4 after 20 years (and only by 1 point at first) and then say, "See, told he was declining", is sick.
He has a clear idea of what belongs in an imagined football inferno as well. “All that is not on the pitch,” he says. “During my stay at Arsenal the time dedicated on the pitch shrunk and the time dedicated to convince people you are not bad augmented. At the end I felt the time I had to spend with media was detrimental to the quality of my work. I had not enough time to prepare mentally for the training session. You spent more time being persuasive than dedicating to the quality of your work. I would get rid of all that. Let me work on the pitch and leave me alone for the rest. Football is beautiful when you are on the grass with the ball. Basically, that’s where I was happy.”

Arsène Wenger

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I was pro Wenger till the end but you could clearly see he was on the decline as a manager in the last couple of years. I don't see the point in anyone denying it, beyond blind hero worship.

Saying it isn't heresy, the game was starting to pass Wenger by. There's no shame in that, it happens to every manager that's stuck around that long.

If anything the fact he managed to survive so long at the same club to reach his managerial decline is a testament to the man.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I was pro Wenger till the end but you could clearly see he was on the decline as a manager in the last couple of years. I don't see the point in anyone denying it, beyond blind hero worship.

Saying it isn't heresy, the game was starting to pass Wenger by. There's no shame in that, it happens to every manager that's stuck around that long.

If anything the fact he managed to survive so long at the same club to reach his managerial decline is a testament to the man.
:lol: Lol!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I read it and copy/pasted it in Merci Arsène thread, but it's not slagging him off so you know people won't be interested.

His heaven and hell take on football was a fantastic perspective.
The comments underneath are incredibly revealing from serious football fans who subscribe to the Athletic.

Manberg

Predator
If any player is put off by the manager shouting instructions then that player cannot handle pressure and does not belong at this club.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If any player is put off by the manager shouting instructions then that player cannot handle pressure and does not belong at this club.
Bullshet

Usually, you have the crowd zoning out the manager shout. Players do not have that anymore

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
2014 4th, 2015 3rd, 2016 2nd - that is not a regressing league position.
So that's not 4 years decline.

And we spent £368m in those 4 years, compared to £660m United, Liverpool £476m, Chelsea £ 562m, City £757m

You've become an inconsequential troll on this forum, and its sad to see.

2014 - 79 points
2015 - 75 points (100m spent to regress in point tally, hmm)
2016 - 71 points
2017 - 75 points
2018 - 63 points

In those 4 years where, like you say, our league position was going up, our point total was regressing despite Arsène spending good money. The teams around us were flapping about trying to get consistency. We simply stayed around the same point total which is unacceptable, no pushing forward to win a title with a higher point tally.

But for you, just a moving league position is good enough :lol: from the point we bought Özil and started spending Wenger should've won a title within those 4 years. Biggest opportunity being 2016 when Leicester won the league.

Quite intrigued to know why you were so accepting of getting hammered every away game, regressing in point totals etc etc. Unless you were simply happy with 4th and playing pretty football, in which case you're part of the problem.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
2014 - 79 points
2016 - 71 points
2017 - 75 points
2018 - 63 points

In those 4 years where, like you say, our league position was going up, our point total was regressing despite Arsène spending good money. The teams around us were flapping about trying to get consistency. We simply stayed around the same point total which is unacceptable, no pushing forward to win a title with a higher point tally.

But for you, just a moving league position is good enough :lol: from the point we bought Özil and started spending Wenger should've won a title within those 4 years. Biggest opportunity being 2016 when Leicester won the league.

Quite intrigued to know why you were so accepting of getting hammered every away game, regressing in point totals etc etc. Unless you were simply happy with 4th and playing pretty football, in which case you're part of the problem.

what kind of dumb argument is this based on a points total of 79 and and 75 4 yrs later. These were the years without a real top striker. We had become a second tier club unable to buy top quality forwards.

the referees were giving penalties for free to leceister and they had a billionaire owner who was putting in money from his pocket. Still our so-called fans seem to only see the fault in Wenger. Dumb.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
what kind of dumb argument is this based on a points total of 79 and and 75 4 yrs later. These were the years without a real top striker. We had become a second tier club unable to buy top quality forwards.

the referees were giving penalties for free to leceister and they had a billionaire owner who was putting in money from his pocket. Still our so-called fans seem to only see the fault in Wenger. Dumb.

"These were the years without a real top striker"

Failed attempt at Vardy, abysmally stupid offer for Suarez, spending £120M on Xhaka, Mustafi and Lacazette. Its not just Wengers fault for not getting us a striker, its the clubs fault as a whole. But Wenger wasted so much money considering he was in charge of almost everything on that front. You cannot sit there and tell me we couldn't get someone outside of Higuain, Benzema, Suarez etc that would've actually joined and won us the title.

Now you're saying that the reason why we finished TEN POINTS behind Leicester in that season is because the ref's gave Leicester penalties :lol::lol::lol: ffs man.

We had a poor season, we finished 2nd because Sp**s bottled it as well, lets not forget that. We completely failed that season, it was embarrassing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

2014 - 79 points
2016 - 71 points
2017 - 75 points
2018 - 63 points

You said 4 year’s regression spending £400m. I showed you we hadn’t regressed on our table position or spent £400m, and in addition showed you how much more other clubs had spent.

Now you’ve switched to points total and that doesn’t show regression either. :lol::lol: This is the Arteta thread, it’s time to pack in your nonsense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You said 4 year’s regression spending £400m. I showed you we hadn’t regressed on our table position or spent £400m, and in addition showed you how much more other clubs had spent.

Now you’ve switched to points total and that doesn’t show regression either. :lol::lol: This is the Arteta thread, it’s time to pack in your nonsense.

From 2014 to 2016, which is the area in which you admit Wenger wasn't properly getting harassed we went from 79 to 71 points. So to say that doesn't show regression is a bare faced lie. You probably have posters of Wenger on every wall of your basement. You weirdo.

You cannot just continuously harp on about Wenger and spend and get away with it, somebody arrest him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom