• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

scytheavatar

Established Member
If the club can sign a contract with Balogun, we sell Eddie for £15M, think everyone would be happy. It would be a success story for Eddie and the club.

Selling Eddie and AMN could give us enough money to finance 1 bigger transfer, which makes our investment youth totally worth it, and should be a template for the future

Everyone will be happy until Balogun starts having a string of bad games and fans start ****ting on him like they are ****ting on Nkeitah right now. Because I am yet to see anything from Balogun that makes me think he is a bigger talent than Nkeitah.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If the club can sign a contract with Balogun, we sell Eddie for £15M, think everyone would be happy. It would be a success story for Eddie and the club.

Selling Eddie and AMN could give us enough money to finance 1 bigger transfer, which makes our investment youth totally worth it, and should be a template for the future

I don't think we should be looking at selling Eddie under any circumstances.

Hypothetically if we did we should be looking at way more than £15m. He's England's all time under 21 goal scorer and comes with a fair bit of hype in his own right. Liverpool would get £25-30m for him.

One impressive cameo from Balogun shouldn't mean we forget about Eddie. He's a real talent in his own right.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Everyone will be happy until Balogun starts having a string of bad games and fans start ****ting on him like they are ****ting on Nkeitah right now. Because I am yet to see anything from Balogun that makes me think he is a bigger talent than Nkeitah.
That's all good as long as we can sell for £10M or more. Not every young player will be a success here, we have to be ready to accept that.
Bear in mind that they are really cheap, most of them are playing for <40k/w and we are able to sell them easily.
You put a guy like Nelson/AMN on the market today, you will have 10 clubs waiting with the money, but you put a senior guy like Sokratis/Elneny who cost you 80k/w, nobody wants to buy and they will drain our finances for years.

I'm shocked really that we are still buying players in their 30's when the benefits of having our academy products are so obvious, even on the pitch there's not much difference.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think we should be looking at selling Eddie under any circumstances.

Hypothetically if we did we should be looking at way more than £15m. He's England's all time under 21 goal scorer and comes with a fair bit of hype in his own right. Liverpool would get £25-30m for him.

One impressive cameo from Balogun shouldn't mean we forget about Eddie. He's a real talent in his own right.
We should and I hope we will. He had his chance, it's time to sell and move on. There are 3 young players in the queue already waiting for his position. I'm happy to invest money from his sale into something else, and I also think Balogoun and Martinelli are better players than he is.
Nothing against him, I like the guy and it's also in his interest to find a club where he will play more

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We should and I hope we will. He had his chance, it's time to sell and move on. There are 3 young players in the queue already waiting for his position. I'm happy to invest money from his sale into something else, and I also think Balogoun and Martinelli are better players than he is.
Nothing against him, I like the guy and it's also in his interest to find a club where he will play more

I'd be moving Laca on before we even started looking at Eddie in my opinion.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd be moving Laca on before we even started looking at Eddie in my opinion.
Laca is finished, but still, we have Auba, Martinelli and possibly Balogun/TJJ.
That's 3 highly rated young players, and Nketiah would bring us more money I believe.
Wouldn't be the end of the world to keep him for one more season, but it's in his interest to move on. If Balogun doesn't sign the contract, then yeah, we should keep Eddie 100%.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

We are not in a position of big transfer. I dont trust us to get it right.

We need to keep our young players, and dont sell a hlguy like Martinez. No more 30 million transfers. Develop the youth and build a foundation.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Balogun and John Jules could become good/bad. They have at least some basic technique on the ball. For Nketiah, it’s clear that he doesn’t have any technical side in his game to support our build up play.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
BOLD STATEMENT DUDE
Watch it again
Nketiah is everything opposite of what talented is.
You should be educated. These players are talented.
This is a talented wide player, like Nasri, like Hleb, not chamberlain/Walcott.
Balogun and John Jules are not at the same level as above yet. But they are much closer to that than nketiah. That's why I'm questioning whether they can make it here. But there are possibility that they will. I wouldn't even have doubt if they are as good as gouiri/veron. Just compare them to Nketiah, there’s no way Nketiah is talented enough to become a good footballer.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That's all good as long as we can sell for £10M or more. Not every young player will be a success here, we have to be ready to accept that.
Bear in mind that they are really cheap, most of them are playing for <40k/w and we are able to sell them easily.
You put a guy like Nelson/AMN on the market today, you will have 10 clubs waiting with the money, but you put a senior guy like Sokratis/Elneny who cost you 80k/w, nobody wants to buy and they will drain our finances for years.

I'm shocked really that we are still buying players in their 30's when the benefits of having our academy products are so obvious, even on the pitch there's not much difference.

How on Earth can these kids be surviving on 40K/w. Are they drinking non-vintage Champagne? I’d be afraid to show my face at the private members club if word got out.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What happened to thread I created for him when he made his first team debut

Thought becoming trusted would stop this kind of sh*t happening to me.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We really have an excting crop os strikers coming through. Nketiah may be struggling for goals the moment but is still a big prospect. Balagoun look svery exciting and will hopefully stay. Moller seems like a clever pick up and is very interesting with his height and contrasting style to the others. Then there is John Jules, injured at the moment, but very well rounded and highly rated by Arteta. And obviously Martinelli, possibly the biggest talent of them all.

Hopefully we can get rid of Lacazette in the summer and I don`t think we should spend money on any new striker with the amount of talent we have coming through.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom