• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Legend14

Established Member
Woke up he’s still here.

Only at Arsenal man. He’d be gone anywhere else. This is why we need proper football people higher up.
Executive decision in the end and maybe the executives have a different point of view, for now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really can't see us sacking him though. Said it before but I think everyone from the canteen staff to Senior Kronke like him and want him to succeed. Depending on where we are Jan, I reckon we'll back him pretty big.

It depends really, if we keep losing we'll be forced into a decision. We're reaching unprecedented levels here, even if they're backing Arteta above all the players it can only be to a certain extent. I do believe most have this season as a right off in any case and that of Arteta steers us away from this relegation fight we seem to be getting sucked into then he'll be safe. The problem is no one can see where our next win is coming from and we could find ourselves in the bottom three by Christmas

shoot for the top

It depends really, if we keep losing we'll be forced into a decision. We're reaching unprecedented levels here, even if they're backing Arteta above all the players it can only be to a certain extent. I do believe most have this season as a right off in any case and that of Arteta steers us away from this relegation fight we seem to be getting sucked into then he'll be safe. The problem is no one can see where our next win is coming from and we could find ourselves in the bottom three by Christmas
Bottom 3 should not be thought of, let alone be there. We are ARSENAL. I have never in my life seen the team this desperate for a win. We are too good to be fighting for survival.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Getting along with players while in a leadership role doesn’t carry over when your title changes? Have you been in management/leadership before?
I have as I am team leader at my work. I get along with my coworkers because being just a team leader I blame everything on management. Since I make little big decisions their anger is always towards actual manager and they understand I’m just a buffer between them and manager. Being a coach and getting along with the players is completely different from being an actual manager and make decisive decisions

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really can't see us sacking him though. Said it before but I think everyone from the canteen staff to Senior Kronke like him and want him to succeed. Depending on where we are Jan, I reckon we'll back him pretty big.
Good to see you back.

Agreed, and this is the safest decision, because we are now run like a business first, football club second.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This squad is cancerous, it really is. **** all of the senior players, seriously.

I really don't care who the manager is come next summer, you ****ing blow this squad to smithereens next summer and start up again. You disband these ****ing groups in the dressing room, you bring in a totally different set of players who change the vibe on the pitch and at the club.

I think Arsenal were the biggest losers from covid. We had a new manager who wanted to imprint a but of a culture change and instead no one wanted to buy our ****s, and we couldnt bring in enough bodies. I hope the market stabilises next summer so we can really get rid of large numbers of our players and just start again.

Perhaps also winners in some way though, he was showing signs of poor management pre lockdown so maybe better it’s collapsed now and not give him time for even further damage.

Inside Arteta’s first year we’ve:

Sold Martinez
Banished Guendousi
Underused AMN
Put Saliba in U23’s
Wasted Özil / Sok
Kept Holding

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feels like Guardiola without elite players or even the tactical genius.

There was a number of Bayern players that stated while Guardiola is incredibly knowledgeable he lacks the ability to mange players on a human level.

There’s even similarities in Pep removing senior players in his first year at Barca.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I’m swerving Millwall away next season. Don’t care how much work in the community they’ve done to improve their image. Real talk.

Legend14

Established Member
I have as I am team leader at my work. I get along with my coworkers because being just a team leader I blame everything on management. Since I make little big decisions their anger is always towards actual manager and they understand I’m just a buffer between them and manager. Being a coach and getting along with the players is completely different from being an actual manager and make decisive decisions
Well, I am an executive at a very large organization. Good relationship skills transition as you move up in your career. I am sure Arteta can manage relationships/egos based on his history of leading at ManC.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well, I am an executive at a very large organization. Good relationship skills transition as you move up in your career. I am sure Arteta can manage relationships/egos based on his history of leading at ManC.
Good relationships is how Arteta got the job. I’m sure he is a smooth talker and charming. But this is professional sport and not office work. You can’t bullsh1t your way through management. Arteta already fell out with Özil, guendouzzi and reports say he is not talking to Luiz. So it’s clear he can’t manage people well. He is extremely inexperienced at management and is making every error rookie managers done. I’m sure he will learn a lot from this in future jobs. But he really is done here. One has to be deluded to think he will turn it around. Yesterday we should have had 2 red cards.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A loss to Southampton would see him binned at competent clubs, think he’ll be here till at least matchday 18.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What a ****ing mess. 15th and still losing . . . to bottom of the table clubs. Getting more angry by the day. Loved this club since I could first speak and it's being ruined, first by idiot fans and now by incompetent managers. It's heartbreaking, really heartbreaking.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
What a ****ing mess. 15th and still losing . . . to bottom of the table clubs. Getting more angry by the day. Loved this club since I could first speak and it's being ruined, first by idiot fans and now by incompetent managers. It's heartbreaking, really heartbreaking.

++ Add the Board and braindead CEOs.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So we're up to almost a third of the season and standing on only 13 points.
Sheffield and WBA are the Leagues punching bags, otherwise we'd be looking at bottom 3.

Iceman10

Established Member

He could go on, but I don’t see it if he’s lost the dressing room with leaks starting to happen now. I’m sure the club will investigate if there is any substance to the leaks, maybe via. Per and some others.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Utterly unrecognisable these days.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
we need less of people like you supporting this club tbh so goodbye

I supported this club since 2004 so please before you say something ask me first. And I will keep on supporting the club. But from the top to the below there is something wrong big time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery was sacked after 13 league games last season. We had 18 points and had only lost 3 games. We won 2 out of 8, had 4 draws and 2 defeats in the 8 league games leading up to him being sacked. Arteta has won 1 in 8, drawn 1 and lost 6.

Why should he escape the same fate when he’s clearly doing worse? The only thing that has saved him in comparison to Emery is that he played farmers in midweek while Emery was playing teams from decent leagues.

Top Bottom