• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

But but but but...

I think as fans we've all been looking for a magic bullet solution to turn results around this season. Whether that's playing the kids, going 4 at the back, playing Auba centrally etc.

I know it annoys a lot of people but there's no magic bullet to our situation, not even sacking Arteta. Whatever happens and whoever's in charge it's going to take some time to turn our ship around.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nah, the academy players could be getting more game time, that's one of my gripes with Arteta...I don't care what "Stillberto" says ffs!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I know it annoys a lot of people but there's no magic bullet to our situation, not even sacking Arteta. Whatever happens and whoever's in charge it's going to take some time to turn our ship around.
I've never disagreed with this despite me being a strong Arteta critic.

You have players like Willian who have had all kinds of support, persistence and confidence and the guy can't bring himself to notch some points on the board for his novice manager. Ditto, Auba, Elneny, Xhaka, Bellerin, etc all these bums.

Complete disgrace, Arteta was never the answer but they should be absolutely ashamed.

Atleast play for personal pride or your own future then perhaps raise concerns in the summer when the club will be in a better position to take action, these guys can't even do it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That Arsenal kit was absolutely hideous. Criminal that Nike kept it for two seasons.

Nike had some decent kits for us though

Fa_Su13_Match_Arsenal_A_Jersey_native_1000.jpg

Granted I am of the opinion that we should banish blue and go for an Arsenal/Brazil 1982 away kit type.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The youth won't save the season but would be something to look forward to.

Imagine thinking playing Luiz, Willian, Elneny, Mustafi, Mari, Xhaka, Lacazette is something you love to see. :lol:

We're 15th place ffs. It's not like fans expect title challenge with Balogun and Saliba.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've never disagreed with this despite me being a strong Arteta critic.

You have players like Willian who have had all kinds of support, persistence and confidence and the guy can't bring himself to notch some points on the board for his novice manager. Ditto, Auba, Elneny, Xhaka, Bellerin, etc all these bums.

Complete disgrace, Arteta was never the answer but they should be absolutely ashamed.

Atleast play for personal pride or your own future then perhaps raise concerns in the summer when the club will be in a better position to take action, these guys can't even do it.

Totally agree mate. I know we are kind of on opposite side of the divide often when it comes to Arteta but I always enjoy reading your posts. You're more fair minded than most.

I have to admit I thought Willian was a pretty decent signing in the summer, the only quibble I had was the contract length. He's been so underwhelming so far though. I'm really disappointed in him.

I think as a fan the most frustrating thing is seeing players not being fully committed. Some of it's on Arteta's man management for sure but the players should also have self respect and pride in their personal performances even if they don't like the manager or particularly care about the club.

Ivan the Gooner

Can't help the feeling that Özil has a lot of pull with the squad and is causing lots of disruption in the background while he has sod all else to do.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't help the feeling that Özil has a lot of pull with the squad and is causing lots of disruption in the background while he has sod all else to do.
I think its more of players lost faith in Arteta and clocked he is a fraud full of clichés.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But even next summer you'll probably see Chelsea spend further, Everton spend further and Arsenal will also spend a big chunk. Liverpool I don't see spending over £100M at all. Therefore you may actually have 4 or 5 teams ahead of Liverpool in terms of squad spend/cost.

I think your metric has some merit but the importance of it for me personally isn't as high simply due to what teams are spending now.
Well if that happens it would be the first time I’ve seen Liverpool drop to 5th. But of course it may do, we don’t know.

TornadoTed

Established Member
A lot of talk about how brilliant Liverpool's scouting has been and rightly so as they have done fantastically well lately.

It gives me optimism as it just goes to show how quickly things can change, Liverpool were the kings of overpaying for dross for a VERY long time.

Mohamed Sissoko - £11m
Jermaine Pennant - £8m
Craig Bellamy - £8m
Ryan Babel - £17m
Robbie Keane - £22m
Albert Reira - £9m
Andrea Dossena - £8m
Alberton Aquilani - £18m
Andy Carrol - £35m
Raul Meireles - £12m
Stewart Downing - £20m
Joe Allen - £17m
Fabio Borini - £12m
Mamadou Sakho - £17m
Iago Aspas - £10m
Adam Lallana - £28m
Dejan Lovren - £23m
Lazar Markovic - £22.5m
Mario Balotelli - £18m
Alberto Mereno - £16m
Chritian Benteke - £42m

£373m spent on utter dross over the 10 years (2005-06 to 2015-16) before they started sorting their transfer business out. I only counted the big money signings, they probably wasted another £200m at least if you counted all the poor £5-10m signings they made.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom