• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Ivan the Gooner

At the very least, the young players are the answer to our troubles with the so-called 'lesser' teams. They'll be just as motivated at Sheffield or Brighton as they were against Chelsea, but Willian and Pepe need to be permanently consigned to the bench going forward.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not seen nearly enough of AMN in his preferred position (central midfield) to make a fair and accurate comparison. I will say AMN looks more composed on the ball, and appears to have a better technique.

And at 23 has loads of room to improve.
I dislike the aloofness people have when it comes to possession oriented midfielders v box to box. This is definitely an Emirates era thing.

Vieira gave the ball away quite a lot, he wasn’t the most creative passer but he was technically sound, physically secure and aggressive on the ball. He won balls he had no right to win and created turnovers that were exploited by the likes of Bergkamp, Pires and Henry. It gave the team confidence and control too. Just in a different way.

Im not for one second saying we have another Vieira here, let alone AMN - but it seems we’ve given up on this type of player completely unless it’s a blockbuster name like Partey - who himself wasn’t pulling up trees at 23.

Now we’d rather keep players like Ceballos and Elneny who let average teams run rings around us as when they get the ball, they keep it.

Working out fantastic.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just read an article there that says a group of senior players are questioning Arteta over his decision to leave Özil out. Some think that's a decision from above (I don't) but if it is then its absolutely understandable that the board back Arteta.

I think I posted it earlier but didn't have access to the whole thing... Any indications who might that have been?

Don't think Willian and Luiz would be the ones, specially since they don't seem to be close to Mesut at all.

Depends on how it was asked as well... Hopefully we can have Mesut out of the club so this whole thing can go away, regardless of us thinking he still be able to contribute here or there or not at all.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think I posted it earlier but didn't have access to the whole thing... Any indications who might that have been?

Don't think Willian and Luiz would be the ones, specially since they don't seem to be close to Mesut at all.

Depends on how it was asked as well... Hopefully we can have Mesut out of the club so this whole thing can go away, regardless of us thinking he still be able to contribute here or there or not at all.

Archived article, no quotes, just theories from the author :confused:
https://archive.vn/yAAtP

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not on benefits and never have. As I said. I was fortunate or unfortunate in a way to be able to basically work part time if you would call it that while earning a full time wage from property rentals.

Christmas day is just another day for me. I couldn't go to the pub. I've watched home alone too many times. And you can hardly talk. Youre on here everyday.

Anyway. Il leave it at that.

Of course you own property, and in other news pigs are flying outside my window and Arsenal are first.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
When I'm looking at judging Arteta going forwards these are the main sort of areas I'm going to be looking at and wanting to see improvements from him.

1- Results. I can't see myself sticking with Arteta if we don't finish top half this season. Weirdly there are a few areas I'm probably more interested in seeing us develop in but ultimately you can't keep your job unless you're getting results. Improvement needed.

2- Identity. I think this is a big one. It's so much easier to get behind the side when you can see what the identity the manager is trying to imprint on the team is even if you're not getting the results. I think we're starting to see signs of it over the past couple of games at least in an attacking sense, playing at pace, getting it out wide with Tierney, Saka etc and putting low targeted crosses into the box. Get Laca and Martinelli in the box and ESR making late runs in too. It's something I can get behind.

Still, it was actually depressing to see some of the turgid laboured attacking football we were playing just a week or two ago that ended up with us just aiming hopeful lofted crosses to a lone and stationery Auba in the box. If we regress back to that I think I'll be done with Arteta.

3- Man management and PR. To me this is where Arteta is at his weakest and shows his inexperience and needs to improve rapidly.

I don't like admitting it but in hindsight Özil should have been in the squad, even if Arteta doesn't rate him. Play him 5-6 times and if he's crap drop him from the squad in January and the fans would have backed him. The optics of having a £350k number 10 not in the squad when you're struggling to create are very bad. To me that was Arteta in a rush to change everything too quick and stamp his authority on the club. That's inexperience.

He's got to get away from the perception that he has favourites in the squad too. If Willan's playing crap drop him. I don't understand why Willan getting fined for the Dubai trip wasn't made public earlier either. Would have taken some heat off Mikel.

I'd like to see him cut down on the defensiveness in press conferences too. I don't need to be hearing about win percentage stats after we've lost games. It looks very desperate. Really needs to improve quickly.

4- Youth Development. I'm not one of these that things the youngsters need to start every game but in Saka, Martinelli and ESR you've got to give ample game time in the PL so they can progress, without overplaying them to the point of burnout. Though arguably 2 of them are core players already.

Other like Nketiah, AMN and Nelson probably deserve a bit of a shot this season too. I think with at least AMN and Nelson it's decision time one way or another in the summer so I'd like to see them get a final run in the side and a chance to impress.

Balogun ( If he signs a new contract) and Azeez can wait till next season. Unless we end up with nothing to play for the last 5 games of the season then give them a bit of game time without the pressure of needing results to acclimatise to PL football.

The kids seem to perform for Arteta when they get a chance in the PL or Europa so I'm quite hopeful with him on this front.

5. Recruitment. It's been hard to say how much influence he had on transfers prior to Raul being sacked in August. Less Willan's and more Gabriel's / Parteys going forward though.
ESR aside we desperately need another number 10 in January. We can't be fully relying on an injury prone youngster there.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course you own property, and in other news pigs are flying outside my window and Arsenal are first.

As I've already said my mother passed away as did my grandparents and as an only child I benefited from that. None of it was my own doing hence why I'm fortunate. I couldn't have owned 3 houses without that. 1 yes. But 3 no.

You don't believe it but count yourself lucky if your parents are still around. One day they won't be and you will probably benefit hugely. By then hopefully you will have grown up a bit.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As I've already said my mother passed away as did my grandparents and as an only child I benefited from that. None of it was my own doing hence why I'm fortunate. I couldn't have owned 3 houses without that. 1 yes. But 3 no.

You don't believe it but count yourself lucky if your parents are still around. One day they won't be and you will probably benefit hugely. By then hopefully you will have grown up a bit.

Sorry for your losses, but no need to guilt trip people. Your opinions and football knowledge are still god awful.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sorry for your losses, but no need to guilt trip people. Your opinions and football knowledge are still god awful.

Listen thats life that happens. I'm not guilt tripping anyone. You said I didn't own property. I said I did and explained how not that I needed to. I could blow smoke up my own ass saying I invested in bitcoin or am a professional poker player. But that would be BS.

As for my football knowledge you honestly aren't a great judge. You're basically what youre saying because I disagree with your views.

Its sad that you have to insult people just because someone says something different to you. But I guess some people just can't be open to seeing things from a different perspective.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think this debate is basically going in circles as of late.

Whether you are Arteta Out, Arteta In, or Arteta Letswaitandseeforawhile, I think it seems fairly clear that the board will persevere with him, unless we run into serious risk of going down.

I am more concerned with our recruitment to be honest. Can we trust Edu & Co. to get this right? I like the names of Lamptey and Buendia....I am concerned we might sign more old has-beens...

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Not seen nearly enough of AMN in his preferred position (central midfield) to make a fair and accurate comparison. I will say AMN looks more composed on the ball, and appears to have a better technique.
His preferred position is wide right. I know he’s shown some of his best in mf, but his preferred position by his own admission is wide right unless he’s changed his mind recently.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The leakers have been found and destroyed

7drHiqr.gif

shoot for the top

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It sounds like you're literally agreeing with me that the team nearly won the league. They finished 2nd, then 6th. Rodgers got fired Klopp took over a team that near went the distance and the manager he was replacing was sacked because he under performed.

If we go back 2 seasons ago we finished 5th. 3 seasons ago it was 6th. So yes Klopp inherited a team that challenged for the league (which you agreed with (I think?)). So again I ask and I apologise in advance what are you getting at when it seems like you agreed with me?

Fwiw. In his first full season he (klopp) finished 8th. Since you want numbers. The biggest challenge he faced, similar to Rodgers, was the loss of Suarez and Sterling. But he inherited by and large a team that performed well but that needed replacing. Not to dissimilar to Arteta only starting from a much lower base.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You said he had a title challenging team the season before. He definitely did not, they finished 6th the season before.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think this debate is basically going in circles as of late.

Whether you are Arteta Out, Arteta In, or Arteta Letswaitandseeforawhile, I think it seems fairly clear that the board will persevere with him, unless we run into serious risk of going down.

I am more concerned with our recruitment to be honest. Can we trust Edu & Co. to get this right? I like the names of Lamptey and Buendia....I am concerned we might sign more old has-beens...
Arteta has a big say in who we sign. Even if he stays until end of the season to get judged. Can you blame him for signing experienced ready made players to improve his results now?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta has a big say in who we sign. Even if he stays until end of the season to get judged. Can you blame him for signing experienced ready made players to improve his results now?

I think there is a difference between signing "ready made" and "has beens" - unfortunately we seem to be signing more of the latter than the former.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom