• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Soler

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lets stop this scatter gun. Where would this guy actually play? Does he have a defined position? I'm fed up of signing these half attacking mids half wingers (e.g. Mkhitaryan, Suarez) or these half deep mids half attacking mids (Ceballos). Lets spend our money on someone who has tried and proven in a certain role that we have earmarked for our side.

Someone above said he is a deep CM who has a similar skillset to Ceballos but may be better.... do we need that? No I don't think we do. Our deep player needs to be comfortable on the ball of course but he needs to be athletic and strong, able to defend. You only sign slow immobile players if they are the creme de la creme and you want the missing piece to a jigsaw i.e. you're a city or Liverpool (Rodri, Thiago). We clearly need to be more competitive in the middle. We don't need this guy. We need a strong player who is intelligent at breaking up play and can distribute. It sounds like Soler can only distribute. How did that pan out with Xhaka or Ceballos?

Also, if he isnt actually a deep midfielder does he have the numbers? Can he operate as a box to box player and chip in with some goals here and there? We need to ask these questions and sign someone who fits perfectly into a gap in our team.

LasseD

I don’t think he’s a poor player at all, but he won’t take us places. I just can’t see it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get shudders whenever we are linked to slow small Spanish midfielders now after Dennis Saurez and Ceballos. This Spanish generation of players is rubbish anyway, steer clear of the lot of them.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I get shudders whenever we are linked to slow small Spanish midfielders now after Dennis Saurez and Ceballos. This Spanish generation of players is rubbish anyway, steer clear of the lot of them.

I know right. Genuinely believed that Olmo, Ceballos, Samper and Formals would be top players.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The anti-Spanish posts here are an embarrassment. Talk about players based on their own merits, ffs, why would what type of player Dani Ceballos is would be of concern with regard to Carlos Soler?

I know right. Genuinely believed that Olmo, Ceballos, Samper and Formals would be top players.

Olmo is pretty good, though. Doing very well at RB Leipzig.

Fabián Ruiz - Dani Olmo would make a pretty good midfield, imo. Can't really blame Spain for not being able to replicate their success in producing midfielders, their midfield quality and depth between 2008 and 2012 was a once in a lifetime experience.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The anti-Spanish posts here are an embarrassment. Talk about players based on their own merits, ffs, why would what type of player Dani Ceballos is would be of concern with regard to Carlos Soler?

Olmo is pretty good, though. Doing very well at RB Leipzig.

Fabián Ruiz - Dani Olmo would make a pretty good midfield, imo. Can't really blame Spain for not being able to replicate their success in producing midfielders, their midfield quality and depth between 2008 and 2012 was a once in a lifetime experience.

Yeah what's up with the bias against my country on this forum? It's kinda weird.

Fabián, Rodri, Thiago (Merino)...we still have fine central midfielders. There's inevitably a drop off from generational, no, historical players like Xavi, Iniesta, and Xabi.
Yeah cheap and good on the ball. Hard worker and does a lot for the team. Lot to like, rate him much higher than Ceballos.

Nah, Ceballos is a superior player to Soler. Soler is not top level. He's André Gomes level. Very strong bias against Dani on this forum. He has his flaws (lack of athleticism) but he's always been more talented than Soler.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah what's up with the bias against my country on this forum? It's kinda weird.

Fabián, Rodri, Thiago (Merino)...we still have fine central midfielders. There's inevitably a drop off from generational, no, centur

Nah, Ceballos is a superior player to Soler. Soler is not top level. He's André Gomes level. Very strong bias against Dani on this forum. He has his flaws (lack of athleticism) but he's always been more talented than Soler.

Think we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
How many burner accounts does Raul have in this cesspool?

I was anti-Raúl from the moment he was hired, and few would disdain that clown more than I do, so if that is some reference to me, well, the generalisation of anything Spanish as the same thing is really pretty stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom