• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Of course we are paying 350k a week until the contract runs out. That is his contract. There is no way he would take a pay cut.

This is simply to get him out of the way.
Yeah, I agree that seems the most likely, but I don't know for sure. If Özil himself is desperate to leave he might have made a (minor) concession.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I agree that seems the most likely, but I don't know for sure. If Özil himself is desperate to leave he might have made a (minor) concession.
Considering he refused to lower his wages earlier, I'd be surprised. But hope springs eternal as they say...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The final PR move from Özil - leaving for footballing reasons in the last 6 months of his contract, and dropping his wages. Showing he is not in it for the money only.

Everyone wins. I'll take it! Show us your PR greatness once again Özil! Put Arsenal management in the bin!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m just gonna say these once and leave it for hopefully forever after that. If you don’t appreciate what Özil does on the pitch, you don’t know football. If you don’t understand why we went from losing game after game to winning 3 in a row after ESR was slotted in you don’t know football. Go watch back any match of Özil and watch all his touches and positioning and you see what he does. He makes your team tick, he makes it progress up the pitch. He helps you overload the opponent and create chances. When Mesut first came here people didnt see it and wanted him to be some all action midfielder that scored 15 a season. He never was that. Now they piss on his whole legacy like he never was anything. It’s sad to see but in the end all what counts is what we believe ourselves. I’m sad his last few seasons here turned out like this, through his and arsenal’s faults. But I’ll never stop appreciating talent like his, I see it in ESR. He dares to play football, to utilize his teammates and to attack the spaces. I can’t wait to see it even more.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hopefully all his deluded fanboys follow him to Fenerbahce. Better brush up on your Turkish lads.
lol you say that, but the people who slagged him off non stop will just move onto someone else. You have to have a certain mindset to do that for years on end.

It's kinda like when Arteta says his exclusion was for footballing reasons, clearly bullsh*t.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Mod Edit: please keep this about football

Last edited by a moderator:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Hooked up with a girl above my league the night the Özil rumours started surfacing. When we signed him it was the best feeling of my life.

Genuinely thought every corner is turning for the better. And it did for a while, but it just wasn't the right fit at the time. Brought more bad than good towards the end when it became utterly toxic and depressing just thinking about the situation.

In hindisight the club should've probably gone for a more complementary player but, as with people, you never know. However, I cherish the good times and the memories, and the statement at the time, and ending the drought and dreaming of bigger things.

Truly the most polarizing player. World-class and not fit the shirt at the same time. A symbol of post-truthism era we're in.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
lol you say that, but the people who slagged him off non stop will just move onto someone else. You have to have a certain mindset to do that for years on end.

It's kinda like when Arteta says his exclusion was for footballing reasons, clearly bullsh*t.

Nope. I defend all our players except for this parasite. I'm over-the-moon now he's going!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I’m just gonna say these once and leave it for hopefully forever after that. If you don’t appreciate what Özil does on the pitch, you don’t know football. If you don’t understand why we went from losing game after game to winning 3 in a row after ESR was slotted in you don’t know football. Go watch back any match of Özil and watch all his touches and positioning and you see what he does. He makes your team tick, he makes it progress up the pitch. He helps you overload the opponent and create chances. When Mesut first came here people didnt see it and wanted him to be some all action midfielder that scored 15 a season. He never was that. Now they piss on his whole legacy like he never was anything. It’s sad to see but in the end all what counts is what we believe ourselves. I’m sad his last few seasons here turned out like this, through his and arsenal’s faults. But I’ll never stop appreciating talent like his, I see it in ESR. He dares to play football, to utilize his teammates and to attack the spaces. I can’t wait to see it even more.
Yes he did amazing things here and everyone appreciates it but should it be a case where people were supposed to still praise him when he started playing poorly and missing away games after being given a huge contract? This whole saga started long before the China incident. The incident just added to it.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
This Özil situation has been constantly stressful. To me, obviously Arsenal screwed up. You don’t invest so much in a player and then keep him out of the side. Waste. His quality is obvious even with the shortcomings that he has had his entire career.

Personally, I don’t care what Özil did or said outside of the pitch. Players do and say things all of the time. Not sure why Özil was singled out. Fans just want to see the players play football. Footballing reasons should be strictly related to on the pitch reasons. I didn’t see or hear about anything on the pitch that would keep his quality off of the roster.

Özil did not make the situation better with his petty tweets and other choices, but from what is publicly known, overall, this situation could have been avoided by upper management. We were all blindsided by it and suffered consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom