• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Young French players don't give 2 ****s about Arsenal. Most of them were barely out of nappies when we were winning things and when Wenger was making waves.

Growing up they will never have seen Arsenal win titles or be anymore than 4th and a cup team.

They come to Arsenal for the money, for London and moving to a club bigger than their current one.

If anyone thinks a top French player comes here because Vieira played here the guts of 20 years ago youre deluded. They've grown up watching Flamini, Clichy and Sagna. Not Henry, Pires and Vieira.
0_SalibaInstaYoungJPG.jpg

EAfnvMbXUAALcCh

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We will still hold a special aura about us for French players, even now imo...the history of our club (to go to the same team as Henry, Vieira and Pires will still be a draw, even if you didn't see them play) though it is and will continue to fade, I think it will always be there is some capacity.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I feel sorry for the guy. I'm sure it was a dream of his to make it as a footballer and one day sign for the team he used to love as a kid.

Unfortunately his mum passes away around the time he joins, and then weird ****ing management means that he can't even play for us. Must have been a strange 6-8 months for him. I hope he has a good loan spell and Arteta and co stop being such weirdos about him and give him a chance in the side.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You can find a picture of Harry Kane in an Arsenal top. Means nothing.

Do you think he was watching Silvestre, Gallas, Flamini and thinking one day I wanna be like them and finish 4th?
My little brother loves players way before his time through the icons on Fifa & wonder of Youtube

Saliba spoke about Thierry & Vieira being the main reason in interviews

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I never had the honour of being able to watch David Rocastle play for the club, but I can still appreciate what he means to it.

I have watched footage of him looking like an absolute superb player that left everything out on the field for this club, I imagine how it felt to watch him and the entire 1989 team do the impossible and beat the unstoppable force that was Liverpool in their own backyard and win the championship...I see the likes of Ian Wright and Tony Adams shedding tears over his passing, for what he meant to them as a teammate but mainly as a friend.

Whenever I have been to the Emirates and I look at his tribute outside the stadium, I get a wonderful aura from it, you can just feel how beloved he is...as I am sure everyone else does, for all our legends, whether they watched them or not.

History for a football club will always be there, and any supporter can love it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I never had the honour of being able to watch David Rocastle play for the club, but I can still appreciate what he means to it.

I have watched footage of him looking like an absolute superb player that left everything out on the field for this club, I imagine how it felt to watch him and the entire 1989 team do the impossible and beat the unstoppable force that was Liverpool in their own backyard and win the championship...I see the likes of Ian Wright and Tony Adams shedding tears over his passing, for what he meant to them as a teammate but mainly as a friend.

Whenever I have been to the Emirates and I look at his tribute outside the stadium, I get a wonderful aura from it, you can just feel how beloved he is...as I am sure everyone else does, for all our legends, whether they watched them or not.

History for a football club will always be there, and any supporter can love it.
My little brother loves players way before his time through the icons on Fifa & wonder of Youtube

Saliba spoke about Thierry & Vieira being the main reason in interviews

If United didn't win anything significant for the guys of 20 years I doubt new transfers would be saying I have always dreamt of playing for United after playing with Scholes in legends mode and watching a 3 minute clip of 1999 CL final.

We were the best offer Saliba had on the table. Money wise and probably the biggest club. What was the competition. Sp**s?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You can find a picture of Harry Kane in an Arsenal top. Means nothing.

Do you think he was watching Silvestre, Gallas, Flamini and thinking one day I wanna be like them and finish 4th?
Not sure how you’ve turned a kid wearing the shirt into a negative.
If following Arsenal is such a miserable thing for you perhaps walk away?

shoot for the top

If United didn't win anything significant for the guys of 20 years I doubt new transfers would be saying I have always dreamt of playing for United after playing with Scholes in legends mode and watching a 3 minute clip of 1999 CL final.

We were the best offer Saliba had on the table. Money wise and probably the biggest club. What was the competition. Sp**s?

Are you intentionally ignoring facts? Saliba was a fan, with pictures to prove it. You have no ground to stand on. Take the L and move on.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
So all kids growing up now will be fans of Liverpool and city only now?

People become fans for so many different things. Not just trophies. I know many arsenal fans who haven't watched us win a league yet.

The other day Pedro neto said he's an Arsenal fan. He's 20 years old. So even he would haven't seen us winning a league mostly (he would have been 4 years max) he's not even linked for a transfer to us. Why does he have to say he's a fan? Unbelievable negativity.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So all kids growing up now will be fans of Liverpool and city only now?

People become fans for so many different things. Not just trophies. I know many arsenal fans who haven't watched us win a league yet.

The other day Pedro neto said he's an Arsenal fan. He's 20 years old. So even he would haven't seen us winning a league mostly (he would have been 4 years max) he's not even linked for a transfer to us. Why does he have to say he's a fan? Unbelievable negativity.

I guarantee you now there are more kids under 15 who support Chelsea and City than there were when I was growing up.

Winning isn't just everything but growing up exposure and winning helps promote the team.

Anyway. If Salibas ultimate dream was always to play for Arsenal he didn't make much of an effort learning English growing up nor when he signed and we let him stay on loan.

As for talking about Neto. Let's just get the club to compile a list of all the professional footballers who support Arsenal and the best ones try to sign them. We can offer them like 50k a week. You honestly think if Arsenal offered Neto 50k a week he would choose us over say City who offer him 100k a week and to win things and play CL football? Just cause he's a fan? No.

All im saying is Saliba chose us over Sp**s. That was our competition. It wasn't like he chose us over an array of Europes top clubs.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
They come to Arsenal for the money, for London and moving to a club bigger than their current one.
Kante at Chelsea, Lloris at Tottenham, Pogba at ManU ( and of course Eric )
You come to England to earn money and live in London or Manchester.

You're certainly NOT coming for the cuisine, weather, culture or the friendly locals...or the team you 'supported' as a kid.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I guarantee you now there are more kids under 15 who support Chelsea and City than there were when I was growing up.

Winning isn't just everything but growing up exposure and winning helps promote the team.

Anyway. If Salibas ultimate dream was always to play for Arsenal he didn't make much of an effort learning English growing up nor when he signed and we let him stay on loan.

All im saying is Saliba chose us over Sp**s. That was our competition. It wasn't like he chose us over an array of Europes top clubs.
Yup, sad but true.
If he signs for PSG you'll hear all the stories about how he always wanted to play for them because of Mbappe.

Saliba started at AS Bondy, Kylian Mbappe's first Club.
He was coached by Mbappe’s father Wilfrid, knew the family, went to the same school as Kylian.
“Wilfrid Mbappe taught me everything and if I’m here today, it’s thanks to him,” he told regional newspaper Le Populaire while training with France under-18s.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Probably no chance he signed a new deal before going yeah? What a waste.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If you can guarantee something then you should have no issues showing us some proof

Latest posts+

Top Bottom