• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
pretending this kid won't get tired and injured from brainlessly chasing the ball like a dog.

200.gif

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Auba’s not droppable. Should be dropped based on performances but can’t be dropped due to being the captain, talisman, most prolific player, biggest character in the dressing room and popular with fans. Arteta will drop Martinelli for Auba if there’s no other choice. Alternative would be playing Martinelli on the right and moving Saka elsewhere. I think we’ve seen that Auba up top is not working. Point is, if it’s between Auba and Martinelli for a starting spot it will have to be Auba.

You can't keep moving Saka everywhere to accommodate others man. Saka has played LB, LWB, LW, LCM and now RW. Other players have to adapt and find ways to be productive even when they are not playing in a perfect situation or role.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The club desperately needs Aubameyang to get some confidence to score again instead of pretending this kid won't get tired and injured from brainlessly chasing the ball like a dog.
Martinelli’s style isn’t kind to the hamstrings you’re right.
He will learn though, Rooney was a little bit like that and as he got older he got a lot more efficient with his movement.

People like to see it, but it’s not very realistic.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Does Martinelli make our strongest 11 on paper?

Assuming ESR and Saka keep their spots and everyone’s on form.

Is it right to bin club captain for Martinelli? Cause I’m not sure Auba works upfront in this team and only one of Auba and Gabby goes on the left.

Serious question not trolling.

I am pretty confident that in 12-18 months with minutes and continuity, yes.

However, today and in form, Auba is not only better than Martinelli but also possibly the best player in Arsenal. In fact Laca and Auba are Arsenal's best players in general, even over Partey or Leno.... and to be honest a Willian in shape is also better than ESR or Saka as an offensive AM or on the right side as well. This analyzing what they have already done when in form.

Well.... Willian was arguably the best Chelsea player, ended in third in the league, last season. Auba was the topscorer in England and in Germany too I think. Lacazette still have some market in the top clubs in Europe probably and had a real good time in France.

Btw, I don't think the difference is that big and in about 12-18 months these players (not only Saka, but Martinelli and ESR), real talents, would most likely outperform the veterans though.

I rate the young boys over in-form Pepe nowadays though.

HaffBR

Auba’s not droppable. Should be dropped based on performances but can’t be dropped due to being the captain, talisman, most prolific player, biggest character in the dressing room and popular with fans. Arteta will drop Martinelli for Auba if there’s no other choice. Alternative would be playing Martinelli on the right and moving Saka elsewhere. I think we’ve seen that Auba up top is not working. Point is, if it’s between Auba and Martinelli for a starting spot it will have to be Auba.

For Martinelli to start over Auba, he has to play with the consistency level of a world-class player. He has to start scoring goals and assists in the EPL, keep pressing hard and participate much more in the game (even if contrary to the order of Arteta), otherwise he will not win the position, because Auba yes or no is a player of immense quality when on fire.

Martinelli’s style isn’t kind to the hamstrings you’re right.
He will learn though, Rooney was a little bit like that and as he got older he got a lot more efficient with his movement.

People like to see it, but it’s not very realistic.

Martinelli pressing success rate was on line with the most forwards last season, the difference is that he was much more intense there.

If on the one hand perhaps goals and assists are undoubtedly more tangible results for an attacker, great volume and quality of defensive actions are probably no less significant in the impact of the matches, and of course, indirectly, give the team valuable expected points.

Today an attacker has to be a good defender.

Last edited:

KenyanGoon

For Martinelli to start over Auba, he has to play with the consistency level of a world-class player. He has to start scoring goals and assists in the EPL, keep pressing hard and participate much more in the game (even if contrary to the order of Arteta), otherwise he will not win the position, because Auba yes or no is a player of immense quality when on fire.

Martinelli pressing success rate was on line with the most forwards last season, the difference is that he was much more intense there.

If on the one hand perhaps goals and assists are undoubtedly more tangible results for an attacker, great volume and quality of defensive actions are probably no less significant in the impact of the matches, and of course, indirectly, give the team valuable expected points.

Today an attacker has to be a good defender.
Not really. The truth is Auba does not contribute much apart from goals and when he goes on a dry run this aspect of his game is highlighted even more. Auba's main weapons are his pace and his composure when it comes to goal scoring but I cant remember the last time Auba left a defender in the dust with his pace. Martinelli on the other hand is an energizer bunny. Constant threat to defenders with his pace, movement, skill. Its not a coincidence that we have looked much better in an attacking sense since Martinelli came back into the team.

HaffBR

Not really. The truth is Auba does not contribute much apart from goals and when he goes on a dry run this aspect of his game is highlighted even more. Auba's main weapons are his pace and his composure when it comes to goal scoring but I cant remember the last time Auba left a defender in the dust with his pace. Martinelli on the other hand is an energizer bunny. Constant threat to defenders with his pace, movement, skill. Its not a coincidence that we have looked much better in an attacking sense since Martinelli came back into the team.

But Auba is still more reliable and well he has a name and trophies with his name (and imo he is also better when in form, for how long I don't know)

Point is... if you are a manager with questionable results and football as Arteta you will put there Aubameyang in all moments when it is possible and minimally acceptable to the fans (even after his mediocre performances), even if it is necessary to "burn" a youngster for this. That's what you're going to do.

I agree that sometimes Arsenal look better with Martinelli on the pitch than without him, in fact Goalimpact described the brazilian (and Saka) as a talent last year.

They aren't as optimistic about the level of Balogun, for example, though.

Now I don't really rate Arteta and his football, I don't think his style fit Martinelli's well and neither I think he has the credit or patience to develop the player or adapt his tactics.... then we will see if the brazilian is able to adapt and win the position based on his merits or if he can't.

Once Aubameyang starts scoring goals again (he will because he is generally a good player for Arsenal just in bad form) it will be very difficult to get him out of XI, especially since they are players who play similarly and have the same strengths.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Once Aubameyang starts scoring goals again (he will because he is generally a good player for Arsenal just in bad form) it will be very difficult to get him out of XI, especially since they are players who play similarly and have the same strengths.

Great, wake me up when Auba starts scoring goals again. For now we should bench him cause he absolutely does not deserve to start based on his performances.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Auba cannot be dropped. That would send completely the wrong message and would be disastrous for Arteta. Martinelli would have to make do with coming off the bench.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Auba cannot be dropped. That would send completely the wrong message and would be disastrous for Arteta. Martinelli would have to make do with coming off the bench.

It would send the message that players who do not perform do not get to play. How is that a bad message? Starting Auba ahead of Martinelli would be the move that sends the wrong message.

HaffBR

An interesting thing with regard to Martinelli, is that I see a greater possibility of growing technically than the others players at his age. What he does now is still half based on the training he had on a team from the fourth Brazilian division, without specific training, without structure, with outdated routines and without proper monitoring.
He still hasn't had a great training sequence at Arsenal with the pandemics and his injury.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
It would send the message that players who do not perform do not get to play. How is that a bad message? Starting Auba ahead of Martinelli would be the move that sends the wrong message.

Auba is the captain, the leading man at the club and the one expected to score the most goals. Also very popular with fans, has big influence in the dressing room and is on huge money. I would be very surprised to see him dropped if he’s fit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not sure why we do this to ourselves. We have plenty of fixtures coming up. We definitely need both Auba and Martinelli. It's not about one player taking over another spot. The way I see it, we have Saka/Laka/Auba/Martinelli/Pepe/Willian/Reiss for the front three spots. Given Pepe, Willian and Reiss's form and injury concerns, the other 4 players are going to be rotated a lot and will get a lot of game time. If anything, we should be more concerned about what to do with Willian/Pepe. Willian could quite be happy to sit on the bench and play only cup matches. Pepe on the other hand is young and would want game time which we won't be able to give as things stand.

HaffBR

Arteta has a moral obligation to make one of Europe's greatest goalscorers continue to score or he may lose credibility. He will not risk his name with a young man, if that young man is not putting on Neymar-like performances.... or unless he manages to put both in the same XI and it works.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

We have a history of playing with our Captain on the bench or on the treatment table. We've even played 45 mins in the PL without a Captain and got fined for it. Auba is droppable but Martinelli is not up to speed yet. I would carry on giving Martinelli minutes but we shouldn't expect too much so soon. I would play Laca & Auba with Martinelli replacing one of them as a sub.

HaffBR

For me he is the youngster with the greatest potential at Arsenal... I still remember the Paulista League where he performed at the same level as Neymar at the same age but playing for a **** team... and at Arsenal he almost always exceeded my expectations too, but I have a bad feeling with Arteta. I think that no matter what he does, he will only play EPL as a last resort, especially if Auba start to score some goals as Lacazette is doing now (for reasons that everyone knows)...

My guess is that Martinelli will probably play against Newcastle for the Cup (just for minutes of course, nobody rates it like the EPL or even the Europa League), and then will play at most 20 minutes against Palace in the EPL. I hope at least Martinelli will score some goals to make his case as a starter.
Today's game was perfect for him to score one or more goals and gain confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom