• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
1183989_1183989_player_stat-rankings-x-5-1.jpg

We work in silence.
This is why i pay no attention to stats. Stats are for people that are compensating for their lack of intelligence.

Impact

Established Member
One of the biggest issues we have had in recent seasons alongside bad recruitment has been an inability to shift players once we've realised the transfer hasn't worked.

I understood the rationale for the Willian signing but it hasn't gone to plan. If he continues in similar form to the end of the season, then I'll be judging Edu on his ability to shift him in the summer. We need to be more ruthless with underperformers.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
One of the biggest issues we have had in recent seasons alongside bad recruitment has been an inability to shift players once we've realised the transfer hasn't worked.

I understood the rationale for the Willian signing but it hasn't gone to plan. If he continues in similar form to the end of the season, then I'll be judging Edu on his ability to shift him in the summer. We need to be more ruthless with underperformers.

It is an issue, but it’s reliant on a buying club taking on his wages. It’s not FM unfortunately, if offers don’t come then players can’t be sold. Also, the player has to want to leave.

Impact

Established Member
It is an issue, but it’s reliant on a buying club taking on his wages. It’s not FM unfortunately, if offers don’t come then players can’t be sold. Also, the player has to want to leave.

Of course but I find the FM retort trite and condescending. As someone actually in the industry I can tell you that when getting shot of a player, it’s mostly about managing and handling agent relationships, which is the responsibility of the technical director.

Vanpayslip

No one wants a wackass Arsenal reject on more money than they are worth. We already have a precedent for that.

LG10

He isn’t this bad, he’s not trying anymore. Downing tools to try and get teta out, he and luiz are rats, they’ll be gone in the summer.

ScotsGooner89

Wish we could of just let him go at a 6 monthly probation review or something. He is offering less than nothing. Just taking minutes that should be going to others.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Might be remembering it wrong but I'm sure Chelsea were offering him a 2 year deal and he came to us for the longer contract. Feels like they did that to trick us into offering more years, what a terrible signing he's turning out to be.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Offering Willian a 3 year contract on huge wage is one of our worst decision of all time. Probably on par with the decision to hand Özil that contract back in 2018. At least Özil looked decent once in a while. But Willian hasn't given us good game since he came here.

He's only had two shots on target since we signed him. That's pathetic!

Top Bottom