• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Alex Runarsson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Posted in the other thread but I don't understand how we didn't pursue Areola on loan when it was clear he was moving to any London club. He'd be a solid #2. Ruffier is free with over 500 Ligue 1 apps.
because he moved to fulham to play first team football. Whats the point of going from your teams bench to a foreign country to sit on the bench?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
That's got to be club spin and damage limitations.

I don't think you'll find another non HG, 3rd choice keeper on 40k a week in the league.

It may be spin but i believe that i heard something similar around the time we signed Runarsson and that we didnt end our interest in Raya straight away after that signing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does Willian count as a strike yet? It does for me.
It's a harsh strike but yeah I guess it does. It was a risky move but we didn't expect an immediate drop off in quality.

220kpw apparently. Defo a strike.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It may be spin but i believe that i heard something similar around the time we signed Runarsson and that we didnt end our interest in Raya straight away after that signing.

Whichever way you look at it, it was a horrible transfer.

Let's take the club at their word and say that we were after Raya and Runarsson was meant to be third choice. It's still a terrible move bringing Runarsson in. That's a non HG spot and £40k a week wasted on a number 3. We could either have promoted the highly rated young academy player to 3, or bought in a veteran keeper in the Lee Grant sort of mould at Man Utd. Someone like that would have been on £20k a week and would have been HG.

What I feel is more likely is that we tried to be clever and cut a corner on the back up keeper with Runarsson. Now it's backfired the club are trying to spin it as he was never meant to be number 2.

Ultimately Runarsson wouldn't have had the number 2 spot this season if the club didn't think he was suitable for that role . Someone else would have been brought in even after the Raya deal didn't materialise. They messed up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Like @Blood on the Tracks said, think the clubs tried to be clever with this signing and it’s backfired when they realised how **** he is.
How can the club be so determined to trim our inflated wage bill, yet are happy to pay a 3rd choice keeper £40K a week?

Yeah regardless of quality that wage is mental for a third choice.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Really absurd we couldn't find a half decent 2nd choice keeper. For 40kpw we could have a pretty strong keeper without any fuss. Such a strange signing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I'm not bothered that the club tried to get cute with a 3rd choice keeper but actually playing him in games, then discovering his wages, and now seeing that they're trying to send him back out already on loan is just insanity.

You could shrug it off if they signed a proper backup above him and paid him much less and consider it a favor for the GK coach or whatever but the way this went about makes us look incompetent on top of looking incompetent for how many years now?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He was second choice at the club we signed him from. He must have been on around £10k there, no way he's going to be on £40k

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Edu and Arteta won't admit their fvck up. He was clearly bought in as 2nd choice. You dont pay 40K for 3rd choice. Infact, 3rd choice is always usually an Academy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom