• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
That scar looks grisly. I'm curious to see what all he's done for the recovery process and what not.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
Whilst it is not ideal that he is a key player, I would disagree.

I think Newcastle was proof of that. Also when he came off the bench against Vienna along with Auba to save our blushes.

For all the grief Bellerin gets if he's up to it on the day we tend to win. Him and Tierney are just so integral to our attacking play.
Not at all. We won, so the assumption is that he played better, but he did not. He is an average attacker and below average defender. Not even going to recommend that you go back and watch. We’ll see moving forward.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not at all. We won, so the assumption is that he played better, but he did not. He is an average attacker and below average defender. Not even going to recommend that you go back and watch. We’ll see moving forward.
The drop off was notable with Cedric there instead hence I mentioned Newcastle game.

I agree he’s not amazing going forward or defending but he’s our best option there currently. I even backed AMN ahead of him but something’s not right there between him and Arteta.

Still, Bellerin low-key has had an alright season by his standards and most of our victories you’ll find he had a good game. His bad games have been terrible though I do suspect he gets targeted a bit.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The drop off was notable with Cedric there instead hence I mentioned Newcastle game.

I agree he’s not amazing going forward or defending but he’s our best option there currently. I even backed AMN ahead of him but something’s not right there between him and Arteta.

Still, Bellerin low-key has had an alright season by his standards and most of our victories you’ll find he had a good game. His bad games have been terrible though I do suspect he gets targeted a bit.

I find it difficult to objectively assess him. He has one of the lowest duel success rates of any right back in the league. He’s relatively easily outjumped, outmanoeuvred and outmuscled. His passing and crossing are also very hit and miss.

Yet he’s fantastic at interceptions, decent with blocks and surprisingly good at ball carrying. Mentally he’s a pretty dependable guy. His composure is really good and you won’t see him easily provoked.

Like many of our players he comes alive in moments during a game. Good season? Maybe. Depends on the bar.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I find it difficult to objectively assess him. He has one of the lowest duel success rates of any right back in the league. He’s relatively easily outjumped, outmanoeuvred and outmuscled. His passing and crossing are also very hit and miss.

Yet he’s fantastic at interceptions, decent with blocks and surprisingly good at ball carrying. Mentally he’s a pretty dependable guy. His composure is really good and you won’t see him easily provoked.

Like many of our players he comes alive in moments during a game. Good season? Maybe. Depends on the bar.
He’s in the long list of key players who are often at the heart of anything good we do, but ultimately holds us back. We don’t get to where we want to be with Bellerin as first choice. Xhaka is in this category, I’d put this version of Laca in here too (not the one that joined).

Defensively I genuinely don’t know what Bellerin does. I was pro selling him in the summer but now we depend on him which I don’t agree with, but whatever.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s in the long list of key players who are often at the heart of anything good we do, but ultimately holds us back. We don’t get to where we want to be with Bellerin as first choice. Xhaka is in this category, I’d put this version of Laca in here too (not the one that joined).

Defensively I genuinely don’t know what Bellerin does. I was pro selling him in the summer but now we depend on him which I don’t agree with, but whatever.

I hear you. I’ve been back and forth many times. Long may his good form continue though!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

He’s having a good season. He’s certainly had more good games than bad and like you said, whenever we do well he seems to be at the fulcrum. He’s a better option than AMN at RB and he’s by far a better option than Cedric. I love Heccy. Pleased he was able to get himself back in the Spanish squad recently too.

Throws need a bit of work though :thumbsup:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hector is an exceptional attacking transition full back, who is composed but limited in the final third, and mediocre in one-on-one defensive areas.
He's the kind of player who looks twice as good in a dominant progressive team, and looks weak in a team on the back foot. He's not as good as Sagna, who was mediocre going forwards but defensively really top, and of course not as good as Lauren, despite being quicker, or as defensively dependable as Dixon, but he's a top 4 full back in an attacking team.

I think his importance to the club is as much his character and relationship with club, fans and team-mates. Basically he's a really good guy, who copes incredibly well mentally with the pressures of being an Arsenal player, and tends to turn up big in big games, but Athletically isn't quite what he was before, and can be got at by high quality dribblers or great movement. Like a lot of the squad, not at the level of our aspiration, but plenty good enough for where we are right now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He’s having a good season. He’s certainly had more good games than bad

Hey?His peformance against pool is the worst I've seen by an Arsenal full back. Disaster horror shows against Wolves, Burnley and Sp**s. Poor against villa, City and a dreadful first half against Brighton too. Lucky not to be sent off against LCFC. Bellerins a walking yellow card at the moment as has lost his pace.

Just look at the massive difference how much more solid we looked defensively against Newcastle without him. Having a RB with tactical awareness, discipline, that can win headers and isnt easily out muscles. Cedric didn't let Joelinton have a sniff 9f the ball all game.

Made a massive change as we the vast majority of our opposition qhwn we play him is play down Bellerins flank and look to exploit the space as has been for the past 5 years.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Me admitting he’s been alright before Eze and/or Zaha puts this guy on toast. I hope Mikel has something up his sleeve.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is having a excellent season. I am happy to rename a stand..**** it the whole stadium after him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
One thing I've noticed is the loss of muscle mass especially around his thighs. I don't thinks I'm imagining it but it's like he's too lightweight. I think he'll be better if he can rebuild his core. The last injury took a massive toll and he may never be quite as strong again but I do like him. I think he's the only one left from our 2015 cup final win too

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Hey?His peformance against pool is the worst I've seen by an Arsenal full back. Disaster horror shows against Wolves, Burnley and Sp**s. Poor against villa, City and a dreadful first half against Brighton too. Lucky not to be sent off against LCFC. Bellerins a walking yellow card at the moment as has lost his pace.

Just look at the massive difference how much more solid we looked defensively against Newcastle without him. Having a RB with tactical awareness, discipline, that can win headers and isnt easily out muscles. Cedric didn't let Joelinton have a sniff 9f the ball all game.

Made a massive change as we the vast majority of our opposition qhwn we play him is play down Bellerins flank and look to exploit the space as has been for the past 5 years.
Keeping Joelinton quiet is hardly a big achivement.

blaze_of_glory

KT talking about how much Bellerin helped him settle and raise his game.

Intially, he struggled to settle in London and was plagued by self doubts, but his friendship with Bellerin - and the guidance he received from the right-back - soon helped calm the nerves.

“I used to say to my family, 'Hector’s helping me, Hector’s taking me out today, Hector’s doing this'. I think they even appreciate how much he helped me.

“I wouldn’t have been as comfortable at Arsenal or in London without him. He helped me from day one. I can’t thank him enough for that.”

“I remember that I probably overthought every mistake I made. I went home and was like, 'I could have done better, I could have done this'. Whereas I wish I had just relaxed a little bit more and enjoyed it.

“And that was the time Hector said to me, 'you’re good enough to play here, just believe in yourself'.”

Tierney added: “That helped me so much. Just that little talk. It was after training in the changing room. Me and him had just done a gym session and after it we sat down for an hour and spoke. I think that changed everything.

“I went home that night feeling much better about myself. I remember texting him saying thanks so much for that chat, it helped me so much.

“I went in the next day with a different mindset, a different confidence and it was a big part to do with Hector.”

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news...tslucm1puf3nw03a870?__twitter_impression=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom