• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Celebrated a lot when we signed him. I was his big supporter for the first few years. Used to defend him all the time on AM. Even bought a kit with his name on after 2015/16 season.

But after a point, I just couldn't defend him anymore. His performance on field after signing the last contract was just not there. He seemed to have succumbed to a victim mindset blaming everyone other than himself for his problems. All his social media antics after he was dropped from squad were downright laughable.

Anyway, good to know that he is moving on. He did give us some great moments to cherish about. Best wishes for his future. Hopefully, we as a club put the entire chapter behind us and move forward.

Think we’re pretty identical on views on the player and this chapter for the club. I also just like to stay a bit classy no matter what because I think that is in keeping with tradition of this club. I’m struggling a bit right now as to whether that classiness helps attract players or sometimes makes us a soft touch, but I can’t abandon some underlying identity when it comes to this club, otherwise I will feel no bearings at all in terms of a fan and love of unique aspects with their club (and history).

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
We played some great stuff with ihm int he team at times especially that period when him, Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanche, Walcott were all playing together. Pity it fell apart... another what could've been

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Good luck to him, time for him to go and time for us to stop talking about him, and hopefully it's not too many years before we have a player of his status and talent again.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Think we’re pretty identical on views on the player and this chapter for the club. I also just like to stay a bit classy no matter what because I think that is in keeping with tradition of this club. I’m struggling a bit right now as to whether that classiness helps attract players or sometimes makes us a soft touch, but I can’t abandon some underlying identity when it comes to this club, otherwise I will feel no bearings at all in terms of a fan and love of unique aspects with their club (and history).
It's easy to be classy when things are going so well but not when the club is struggling. As you said, while some players respect us for being classy, there will be players who will consider us a soft touch. With agents' involvement, most players naturally fall in the second category these days. Given the number of teams struggling with deadwood players who won't leave, I think it will be hard for any club to stay classy. That's just my prediction. How clubs adapt to handle this is going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom