• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Which then famously led to this.

Griezmann was aware of their interest and was keen on speaking to Arsène Wenger – only for the club to stall on making a decision before rejecting him.

“I waited, I waited, and I kept waiting,” he recounts in his autobiography.

“When there was no news, Eric called Grimandi, who said that the manager was still interested in me [and] to keep waiting.

“Finally a few hours before the market closed, he let us know Arsenal would not make a move. I don't like to be told something and for it not to happen.

“So when Eric told me later that the London club were interested again I told him ‘Forget it, after the blow they gave us’.”

If we’d been able to sign him relatively cheaply with Özil and then Alexis the year after there’s your title right there. F*cking hate this club sometimes.

Yup it all fits in doesn’t it ? One thing that never got picked up by the press is Kingsley Coman did a medical here but then did a Willian and went to Bayern , that info came straight from Wenger from some presse years later, another sliding doors moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yup it all fits in doesn’t it ? One thing that never got picked up by the press is Kingsley Coman did a medical here but then did a Willian and went to Bayern , that info came straight from Wenger from some presse years later, another sliding doors moment.

Yeah heard that about Coman but tbh with our physio department and his injury problems that could’ve been a train wreck :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Henry when I was a kid. Upset about RvP and Fabregas, pissed off about Nasri.

I was gutted about Vieira but once Cesc played him off the park I wasn’t bothered about losing players for a while.

I was fine with Henry leaving because I had faith that it’d be next man up and we’d be better than the year before which we were with Adebayor and RVP that year tbf.

Last time I wasn’t bothered was Cesc & Nasri though when I was excited about a supposed world class winger we’d signed from Lille as a replacement :facepalm:

gamechannel

Just wanted to post this, absolutely unbelievable - guy should be sent to the reserves until his contract is up.

SM is as useless as tits on a bull. But I dont see anything wrong with what he's tweeted. Özil was banished from the team based on Crapteta's decision. The players couldn't do anything about it. So, not sure what the fuss is all about?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I was gutted about Vieira but once Cesc played him off the park I wasn’t bothered about losing players for a while.

I was fine with Henry leaving because I had faith that it’d be next man up and we’d be better than the year before which we were with Adebayor and RVP that year tbf.

Last time I wasn’t bothered was Cesc & Nasri though when I was excited about a supposed world class winger we’d signed from Lille as a replacement :facepalm:

The amount of players we lost when they've been on top of their game and the best in their position in the league is insane.
Also why I do not rate Ferguson higher than Wenger, he was simply the one backed by his club.

Just switch it up and give us their best player and we keep RVP as an example, or Ronaldo coming here, added to our elite players just because we came first and got a few more millions as Ferguson had.
It's like games against direct rivals, they count double.

But I'd probably say that the non existent career of Diaby and the potential killers for Wilshere, Eduardo and even party Ramsey, have been even worse.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But the mishandling of the Özil, Ramsey and Alexis contracts, the bad recruitment, all about poor decision-making and that's on the club and it's the reason we're a boring mid-table club right now.
The reason we’re a boring mid table club has got nothing to do with the Özil, Ramsey, Alexis contracts and everything to do with poor man management, throwing money at dodgy agents, giving long deals to Chelsea pensioners, and using overly defensive tactics with slow transitions.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I deleted my Championship Manager Juventus save, immediately after they signed Vieira from us...still kinda regret doing that :lol:
For some reason I wasn't as upset about Vieira. Probably because I was a kid and Henry was my superhero, and didnt Vieira really wanna leave even a season before? I say that but I asked for Vieira on the back of my shirt when I was a kid :lol: I just hated being that guy to get the bait player even back then. I proceeded to get Rosicky, Ramsey and Arteta as names on my kit.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We really just sat around watching the world go past didnt we, never pushed the boat out. Now look at us.

Yeah that signing was a turning point for me. Bottled the Mata deal right before iirc.

That was when YouTube hype videos were starting to blow up so I was so pumped for him off a couple of grainy stepover and dribbling videos.

Also had a friend who kept saying the real reason Hazard was good was because he had Gervinho as a teammate. That worked out well :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah that signing was a turning point for me. Bottled the Mata deal right before iirc.

That was when YouTube hype videos were starting to blow up so I was so pumped for him off a couple of grainy stepover and dribbling videos.

Also had a friend who kept saying the real reason Hazard was good was because he had Gervinho as a teammate. That worked out well :lol:

Didn't Malaga beat us to Santi in summer 2011 too, ffs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I remember being all over Gotze, Reus (before Dortmund), Mata, Hazard. I cant believe we didnt sign one of them.

Back then I would get info from NewsNow where they would show all article about us :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wilshere got me too.

Even though he was finished by the time he left Arsenal, he was the first Arsenal player that I loved that is younger than me, that always stayed with me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom