• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
True. I watched some of our highlights from the past. God we were fast. Every player showed a lot of urgency on doing something with the ball. For years, we have been watching players with drooped shoulders just jogging around, waiting for something to happen. ESR is breathing fire into our attack.
You can clearly see the disconnect between the coaching styles of the academy and the senior pros. Everyone from Saka to ESR to Willock to Nelson, their instinct is to be direct, take less touches, passing through the lines, with varying degrees of success.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
When Gary Neville compares you to Pires and says you would fit in to the earlier Wenger teams, nothing else really needs to be said. Carragher is praising his one touch game and ESR is following Arteta's instructions to "play free". He just needs to stay fit and benefit from the right level of rotation.

Oh_Snap

So proud. You could already see 2-3 years ago he had that special something and i'm very glad he gets his big chance(s) now. Probably has the highest intelligence on the pitch of all our players, always thinking 2-3 and more steps ahead. Makes me excited to watch our games again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Still need to sign someone as competition/rotation. There's a huge drop off when ESR isn't playing, nobody can move like him in the number 10 role or pass the ball on fast and be direct.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Time to change the thread heading to the “The Black De Bruyne”

Smith-Rowe’s parents:

KnOHIbL.jpg
Dunno if that's his mum in the pic but that's definitely his dad. Seen him in a pic with Emile.
ESR is not really a 10. He just has the best attributes to play there out of all our forwards. Nelson is another one that can play there if he ever gets his confidence back. Like that ESR always works hard for the team, doesn't matter if he is having a good or bad game. He is a team player and has mastered the basics. He looks like he can even become more powerful as he grows into his body.
Smith-Rowe looked a shoe-in for a role as a #8 at one point. He had this amazing game for the U23s when he played there and bossed the game, with his work-rate, ball-winning even, and excellent passing and dribbling from the middle 3rd. Guess who was the number 10 that game? Reiss Nelson :lol: Very frustrating that Nelson isn't on that pitch with ESR and Saka playing at his best. It's just not happening for him.

I loved what ESR did today though, exploited the space really well and used the ball well 9 times out of 10. Still finding his feet but he's growing more with confidence.

REEVIE1995

Thought he was excellent again. His one touch play and directness is just so refreshing to watch. Thought he was tiring towards the end but it's not surprising because his work rate was outstanding. His fitness will improve though as he continues to adjust.

Very early to talk about it considering he hasn't even been called up to the u21's yet but if he was to keep this level of form for the rest of the season, you would say he could be a real dark horse for the Euros possibly. Theres a lot of players ahead of him so it would be a very difficult task but you never know.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Probably would to be fair. Ideally we go for someone who can play on the wing and AM. Buendia, Christie and the ultimate signing... Grealish spring to mind.
Transfer Muppet.

Buendia - already been quoted at 40 million. If he was less than 15 million, then sure - but Norwich are crazy to demand this much. Too bad he doesn't have a get out clause in his contract.
Grealish - not a chance. THis is the type of signing you do if you are a Real Madrid or Man City level club. We need to stop being pretenders and be realistic at our situation. By being pretenders, we've gotten into this mess with high wages and transfer fees that we regret.

The club needs to be run properly on the resources they get. Scout better and promote youngsters. Keep a wage structure. You lift the wage structure when you become a team that is a serious title contender or have won it.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
When Gary Neville compares you to Pires and says you would fit in to the earlier Wenger teams, nothing else really needs to be said. Carragher is praising his one touch game and ESR is following Arteta's instructions to "play free". He just needs to stay fit and benefit from the right level of rotation.

How is it that Arteta tells ESR to play free? Goes against the idea I’ve seen many on here spout that Arteta is micromanaging everything and stopping creative freedom.
:lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I love this kid. He’s giving us what we need with his give and goes and work rate. Agree we shouldn’t be so reliant on a kid. Hopefully he continues to deliver.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't see him as a midfielder, he's a bit Özil like and likes to drift to the wings rather than drop deeper. I honestly think he could be a great LW with a 10 to combine with but at the sake time his connection with Saka is too important to drop him from.

Symbia

His work rate has drastically improved, he use to stroll the pitch half lost when the the team is not with the ball, similar to Özil.
I guess he is fired up to give all in the pitch.
Seems like Laca is truly a great mentor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom