• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You’d think it’s crucial - but he doesn’t truly have to win any of these matches except Leeds/Burnley does he? He’d just be excused.

Hopefully we put a good run together in Europa - that comp probably suits us more.
Five losses out of the bunch, even considering a Europa league early exit would be sackable for me. Mind you, I would've sacked him months ago.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You’d think it’s crucial - but he doesn’t truly have to win any of these matches except Leeds/Burnley does he? He’d just be excused.

Hopefully we put a good run together in Europa - that comp probably suits us more.

If he gets a pass for doing the bare minimum, then this club arent a serious operation.

In my mind, he can get away with the bare minimum (i.e. not getting relegated to getting to a Europa playoff place) provided he goes in the summer. Our club's business model is maximising our internal resources, that doesn't just go away.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Oddly even though the fixture list looks tough on paper I think we'll do pretty well over the next 5-6 League matches. We've tended to struggle most breaking down sides that just sit back.

The likes of Villa, Leeds, Man Utd etc are going to come out and have a go at us. That'll play into our hands. I really fancy Saka, Auba, ESR etc on the break.

Our defence is looking very solid too.

Positive signs generally, still a long way to go though.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Oddly even though the fixture list looks tough on paper I think we'll do pretty well over the next 5-6 League matches. We've tended to struggle most to break down sides that just sit back.

The likes of Villa, Leeds, Man Utd etc are going to come out and have a go at us. That'll play into our hands. I really fancy Saka, Auba, ESR etc on the break.

Our defence is looking very solid too.

Positive signs generally, still a long way too go though.

Think we'll surprise during this next run to be honest.

United, Villa, Leeds, Wolves are very winnable games. Added to that is your sense that they will want to take the iniative and that should play into our hands.

As for Arteta himself, I am still of the opinion that he isnt good enough to deliver what we need now. That said, this coming run presents him with an opportunity to change my opinion of his potential in the short to medium term, with good performances and subsequent quality additions.

For now, lets secure the 40 points over the next month. That would be a definite feather in Mikel's cap.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think we'll surprise during this next run to be honest.

United, Villa, Leeds, Wolves are very winnable games. Added to that is your sense that they will want to take the iniative and that should play into our hands.

As for Arteta himself, I am still of the opinion that he isnt good enough to deliver what we need now. That said, this coming run presents him with an opportunity to change my opinion of his potential in the short to medium term, with quality additions.

For now, lets secure the 40 points over the next month. That would be a definite feather in Mikel's cap.
I think we will lose all 4 tbh. Wolves will be close cause they have no strikers. But the other 3 will beat us

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we will lose all 4 tbh. Wolves will be close cause they have no strikers. But the other 3 will beat us

You're purely saying that because you dislike Arteta, come on man, negativity is fair but this is just uneducated.

The Southampton league game could be a blessing. They play Shrewsbury tonight, then if they win that which they will they play us in the cup on Saturday, and then us again on Tuesday. We have the squad to rotate for the cup game, they do not.

They also have a lot of key injuries, Vestegaard will be out, Redmond will be out and Djenepo also will be out injured. Ings is lacking fitness after spending time out with Covid, may not be fully fit.

Lots of things in our favour with that one. Wolves aren't in great form, United at home is a game we always seem to do well in. Villa away will be the hardest game from the next 4.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

These next two months are crucial for Arteta:
Southampton, Leicester, Benfica x2, Man United, Villa, City, Leeds, Sp**s. And two toss up away fixtures against Wolves and Burnley.

Literally not a single easy game upcoming. Make or break really.
Southampton - W
Leicester - D
United - D
Villa - W
City - L
Leeds - W
Sp**s - D
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

That’s fair right? I think that’s pretty generous really. I’m gonna go off if we do worse than that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m gonna be really generous and say that he should be getting 18 points

Southampton - W
Leicester - D
United - D
Villa - W
City - L
Leeds - W
Sp**s - D
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

That’s fair right? I think that’s pretty generous really. I’m gonna go off if we do worse than that.
It doesn’t matter :lol:

Honestly, I’ll tell you right now we will do better than 18 points but I’m still not gonna care.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It doesn’t matter :lol:

Honestly, I’ll tell you right now we will do better than 18 points but I’m still not gonna care.
If he does better than 18 points that’s a good thing, means he’s actually improving and I wouldn’t complain. I think 18 points is average considering our squad and less than 18 is poor.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Southampton - W
Leicester - D
United - D
Villa - W
City - L
Leeds - W
Sp**s - D
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

5-3-1 in those fixtures? I'd say that would be a good return. You might want to prepare to go off in advance.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

5-3-1 in those fixtures? I'd say that would be a good return. You might want to prepare to go off in advance.
Ah come on. I’ve given him draws against Leicester, Sp**s at home, United at home and even given him a loss to City at home.

Just how low is the bar for him?!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I’m gonna be really generous and say that he should be getting 18 points

Southampton - W
Leicester - D
United - D
Villa - W
City - L
Leeds - W
Sp**s - D
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

Sp**s won't ever be a draw.

I'm going with

Southampton - W
Leicester - D/L
United - W
Villa - W
City - W (Yes)
Leeds - W
Sp**s - W/L (As much as I hate it I tend to another loss)
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

I think we'll do surprisingly well against United and City with our current first eleven, but will struggle against Leicester and Sp**s. Vardy and Son/Kane will continue to be our bane on counters.

So 21 points.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s won't ever be a draw.

I'm going with

Southampton - W
Leicester - D/L
United - W
Villa - W
City - W (Yes)
Leeds - W
Sp**s - W/L (As much as I hate it I tend to loss)
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

I think we'll do surprisingly well against United and City with our current first eleven, but will struggle against Leicester and Sp**s. Vardy and Son/Kane will continue to be our bane on counters.
That’s almost title winning form. Let’s see. :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ah come on. I’ve given him draws against Leicester, Sp**s at home, United at home and even given him a loss to City at home.

I'm just a natural pessimist :lol: and unfortunately that pessimism has been vindicated the last couple of seasons.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Typically we lose against rivals. So drawing is an improvement. League wins are based on beating others and not losing against rivals. That's the bar and you've presented it so well.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I was going to say we probably won't beat Villa but their fixture congestion will surely **** them. Let's pray Auba is snapping out of it and comes in to form at the perfect time.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Not winning against City. Not a chance. That’s sandwiched between two important knockout Europa rounds against Benfica, who are a good side I think.

Out of our next 5 of Southampton, Utd, Wolves, Leicester and Villa... if we can win 3 that would be great. That’s the target. All in all, tough and congested fixtures.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You're purely saying that because you dislike Arteta, come on man, negativity is fair but this is just uneducated.

The Southampton league game could be a blessing. They play Shrewsbury tonight, then if they win that which they will they play us in the cup on Saturday, and then us again on Tuesday. We have the squad to rotate for the cup game, they do not.

They also have a lot of key injuries, Vestegaard will be out, Redmond will be out and Djenepo also will be out injured. Ings is lacking fitness after spending time out with Covid, may not be fully fit.

Lots of things in our favour with that one. Wolves aren't in great form, United at home is a game we always seem to do well in. Villa away will be the hardest game from the next 4.
Southampton away will be the hardest imo. I’m saying we will lose because we are not looking good and unlike West Brom and Newcastle these team will come at us. Next two months is full of hard games. If we even win half I would be amazed

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We'll probably snatch a win against Man City with a backs to the wall defensive masterclass. Turn Sp**s over with some great attacking football....Everyone happy and talking up our top 4 chances.

Then we'll put in two turgid performances and get beat by Wolves and Burnley.

It is the Arsenal way. Us Arsenal fans are born to suffer :lol:

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom