• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Champions League already exists, don't see why they need to do this.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

How this will be played? How you replace CL with this? How are we ranked ahead of manutd Liverpool Chelsea :lol:
The 20 consecutive years of consistent qualification and reaching the knockout stages is largely responsible for the good coefficient the PL has. It's good we might personally benefit during our darkest hours.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Champions League already exists, don't see why they need to do this.

It’s because the bigger clubs don’t see the value in playing Dinamo Zagreb or Olympiakos.

They want those big money match ups guaranteed every midweek. I have always had a conspiracy that UEFA fixes draws for Clasico semis or finals but it just hasn’t happened yet apart from 2011.

The TV audiences for those mega clashes are through the roof. Saw some crazy stat that the Messi - Ronaldo game the other week was one of the most watched games of all time.

For me it’s pretty much the death blow to all leagues outside of the big 5. A lot of huge clubs like Celtic and PSV who’ve won the European Cup will be little more than academy sides after this.

Seems very arbitrary the teams who are included. If it was done 15 years ago you get Newcastle, Leeds and Valencia instead of Man City, Sp*rs and Atletico.

akhil

It’s because the bigger clubs don’t see the value in playing Dinamo Zagreb or Olympiakos.

They want those big money match ups guaranteed every midweek. I have always had a conspiracy that UEFA fixes draws for Clasico semis or finals but it just hasn’t happened yet apart from 2011.

The TV audiences for those mega clashes are through the roof. Saw some crazy stat that the Messi - Ronaldo game the other week was one of the most watched games of all time.

For me it’s pretty much the death blow to all leagues outside of the big 5. A lot of huge clubs like Celtic and PSV who’ve won the European Cup will be little more than academy sides after this.

Seems very arbitrary the teams who are included. If it was done 15 years ago you get Newcastle, Leeds and Valencia instead of Man City, Sp*rs and Atletico.

The exclusivity of a Messi vs Ronaldo is also why the audiences for those games are so big. If they played against each other every month, it'll not be as interesting for the most part.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Won’t this get boring quickly? All these top clubs and one champion each season, doesn’t add up for me.

Right now you’re fighting against relegation, fighting for top 6, top 4, titles etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m probably going to be done with the game by the time this is done, I’m guessing it’ll be close to 2o30 before anything like this picks up. I’m already bored with the game.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Bayern players when they find out that Arsenal has made it to the Superliga
neuer.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

That's not what I imagined at all, I thought we'd stop playing PL matches. So we'd essentially be playing two league games every week, one PL and one SL, so you'd have a pretty brutal schedule and there's surely no way you could play FA cup or League Cup?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How the hell have sp*rs got themselves permanent elite european status, they haven't won a trophy in over a decade, haven't won the fa cup in 30 years, haven't won the league in 60 years. F*cking state of it.

Iceman10

Established Member
I’d rather Real Madrid, Barca, Italian clubs, etc. feel consequences for financial excesses (and dud transfers) and see the PL continue to grow dominance, with it also apparently producing top youth now for England.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They need to stop rewarding mediocrity, the CL already has enough jobbers in group stages as it is.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
What a shocking decision that would be. I know it benefitted us a number of times over the years but top 4 is far too much in the supposed "Champions" League as far as I'm concerned so to make it 6 would be terrible.

Top Bottom