• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

Ødegaard isn't coming here to play back up to ESR FFS.

Not knocking ESR, he's my favourite Hale End kid, but it is what it is. You can debate their ceilings but Ødegaard is much further along in his development at this stage.

He's coming here to start. Maybe they'll be some rotation, maybe Ødegaard with play out on the right occasionally but he's coming here as a starter. Not a bench warmer or back up for a kid with 7 career PL games.
I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't eat into ESR's minutes on the pitch too much. We're in 3 competitions so there shouldn't be a problem, a bit of healthy competition is welcome.

Although I wouldn't say he's a guaranteed starter, he's in the same boat as Ceballos as far as I'm concerned. ESR should keeping his place initially and Ødegaard will come in as the challenger. He's talented but he's still a young player coming into a new league. He has to earn starts at Arsenal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depends on the formation.

Let’s say Tierney gets an injury and we don’t sign an LB.

He could easily go 3412. Back 3 Gabriel, Luiz, Holding. Saka LM, ESR RM, Partey CM, Xhaka CM, Ødegaard CAM, Auba CF, Laca CF.

Arteta has said all along he wants options to give him flexibility. That’s really what this is.

ESR as rwb? No Tierney?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am more intrigued by whether he can play in a double pivot alongside Partey. All I hear is talk about him being a 10 and that he can play an 8.

He is good at passes into the box and passes into the final third, but I feel like he can play instead of Xhaka and give more. He can drive forward, is press resistant and he can put a tackle in.

Partey can make Elneny and Xhaka look good. He would be able to play alongside Ødegaard.

I just hope we don't see this weird thing where he doesn't play for ages because he isn't 'ready', then when he does play he benches ESR irrespective of form.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ødegaard isn't coming here to play back up to ESR FFS.

Not knocking ESR, he's my favourite Hale End kid, but it is what it is. You can debate their ceilings but Ødegaard is much further along in his development at this stage.

He's coming here to start. Maybe they'll be some rotation, maybe ESR will get the cup games at 10, maybe Ødegaard with play out on the right occasionally but he's coming here as a starter. Not a bench warmer or back up for a kid with 7 career PL games.

You can believe what you want, but Ødegaard will be a back up for ESR if he doesn't perform better than him.

The player plays more who performs better. Who knows how Ødegaard will adjust to EPL straight away. But both will get a lot of games anyway.

Own youth with a contract will always be preferred to a loan player if everything else is equal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I am more intrigued by whether he can play in a double pivot alongside Partey. All I hear is talk about him being a 10 and that he can play an 8.

He is good at passes into the box and passes into the final third, but I feel like he can play instead of Xhaka and give more. He can drive forward, is press resistant and he can put a tackle in.

Partey can make Elneny and Xhaka look good. He would be able to play alongside Ødegaard.

I just hope we don't see this weird thing where he doesn't play for ages because he isn't 'ready', then when he does play he benches ESR irrespective of form.

Doesn't make much sense to risk ESR & Ødegaard (only two proper AMF's, both with an injury history) by playing both at the same time. We have enough players for all the other positions.

In my opinion these two need to be rotated, even just to keep them fresh. Only in the most important games you could play them together, if it even works with Ødegaard being a CMF.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did Gabby not get injured not long after Auba returned?
Auba had a red card vs Crystal palace and missed two further games (Chelsea and Sheffield). Marty started those games and scored in them.
But Auba came back in the Burnley game and Marty was never seen again till he got injured.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy allows Saka and ESR to play 2/3 of the total possible minutes and him to play 2/3 of possible minutes shared between AM and RW.

billyf

I don't know about this. Loans don't get me excited. I have my doubts whether he will be able to push himself to the max.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Think we have to view this as literally just getting a body in.

That we need this type of deal is a sign that we’re not building our squad properly and have flopped yet another summer window but at least he’s a good player.
:(

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If there is no option to buy then no thanks
not sure its a big issue with how Real are happy to sell these young players with buyback clauses

its not like we have a hope in hell of signing him on a full transfer with no strings attached... but if he settles well over the next few months & Real need to raise some funds we are in poll position to get him on a similar deal to Regulon or previously Morata / Hermoso / Militao / Carvajal / Casemiro

we made this mess with stealing Cesc :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Dream signing for me as I rate him REALLY highly, but not keen if it’s just a loan with no option.. Hopefully we can somehow sign him permanently.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
is he going to even play for us?
I mean... he is not that good... he needs to adapt... looks like a pointless signing. hope I'm wrong.
I would go for an PL proven player.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
is he going to even play for us?
I mean... he is not that good... he needs to adapt... looks like a pointless signing. hope I'm wrong.
I would go for an PL proven player.
Good luck with getting a proven PL player with our current finances, the current state of the market, and it being a January transfer window. This is probably our best option out there, and good on Edu and Arteta for getting it to actually materialize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom