• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger pearls

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's one of the few managers that you'd really like to sit down with and have a conversation totally unrelated to football with.

He's got to be one of the most interesting football personalities of the past 25 years.

He's an all-time great football person, not just the last 25 years, just in general, up there with the best of them, and this piece of sh*t club hasn't so much as invited him back since he left, it should be naming it's stadium after him for christ sake.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène had the best quotes of any football manager, such a great mix of intelligence and humour.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's an all-time great football person, not just the last 25 years, just in general, up there with the best of them, and this piece of sh*t club hasn't so much as invited him back since he left, it should be naming it's stadium after him for christ sake.

For sure Wenger should have a statue up, if not the stadium being named after him.

I think Wenger needed time away from Arsenal for a couple of years anyway, just for his own sake to fully process everything and how things ended in a fairly acrimonious way.

Wenger knew if he was at The Emirates the cameras would pan to him every time we conceded or lost. He casts such a large shadow. I think it's a testament to Wenger's character and decency that he kept a distance and tried to give Emery and Arteta space without his shadow looming over them.

I think enough time has passed now and the dust has settled that we really need to honour Wenger in some way when the fans are allowed back in. There should be some kind of celebration of his career here that he attends and participates in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would name the stadium after him, nice touch given how much he helped in the transition from Highbury. Apparently the banks were only willing to give loans if they got a guarantee Wenger would be around.

Kroenke is about business though and naming the stadium after Wenger means one less revenue stream as it rules out cash from naming rights.

Other issue, Wenger and Stan seem like strangers by all accounts, I’m not sure there is a desire at the club to honour Wenger atm. They’ll do it when the worst happens, make statues etc, but what’s the point then.

I would name the stadium after him, nice touch given how much he helped in the transition from Highbury. Apparently the banks were only willing to give loans if they got a guarantee Wenger would be around.

Kroenke is about business though and naming the stadium after Wenger means one less revenue stream as it rules out cash from naming rights.

Other issue, Wenger and Stan seem like strangers by all accounts, I’m not sure there is a desire at the club to honour Wenger atm. They’ll do it when the worst happens, make statues etc, but what’s the point then.

Just change the "e" in Arsenal to "è".

Arsènal

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
My favourite quote of his will always be this:

"When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent."

Although I now see the irony in this statement :lol:
giphy.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes, this dour stuff isn't Arsenal. In fact football on a whole is becoming so robotic and workmanlike. Where are the artists?
Robotic and workmanlike can produce results but we're not even getting them. The artists are there, bur it takes certain owners and managers to allow them a stage.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
FFS, I was hoping it was snide dig at Deeney.
It’d be a lame one if it was—up there with ‘you’re a disgrace to your federation’ :rofl:
It’s a Quasimodo reference or forget it as far as I’m concerned. He’s French so he should be able to deftly slip it in.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It’d be a lame one if it was—up there with ‘you’re a disgrace to your federation’ :rofl:
It’s a Quasimodo reference or forget it as far as I’m concerned. He’s French so he should be able to deftly slip it in.
You couldn’t have said this three and a half years ago? :lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Miss Henry too recently for some reason. Great player but miss having a player who cared as much as he did for the shirt and club.

I love the man to death but to me there was definitely a bit of theatre to his love for the club.

In fact you could probably count the number of players who truly care for the club in the past 30 years on one hand with a finger left over and some of them aren't even English.

If you want to count the number of players that care about and love Arsène then you will need to throw in a few extra feet, not just toes.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I love the man to death but to me there was definitely a bit of theatre to his love for the club.

In fact you could probably count the number of players who truly care for the club in the past 30 years on one hand with a finger left over and some of them aren't even English.

If you want to count the number of players that care about and love Arsène then you will need to throw in a few extra feet, not just toes.

Oh yeah, for sure. I love Henry too but you can't deny he had a massive ego.

I think he genuinely loved Wenger for the opportunity he gave him and how he moulded his career even if they did squabble a bit at times.

When it comes to Arsenal, the club and the fans, I think he loved the adoration we gave him and the pedestal we put him on more than the actual club itself, if we're being totally honest.

As you say, he was very much the theatrical showman sort when it came to showing his emotional attachment to Arsenal . I wouldn't have him any other way though :love:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You couldn’t have said this three and a half years ago? :lol:
I didn’t even know he responded to Deeney’s comment tbh. He still should have gone in hard about Deeneys’ butters chops though. I’d liked to have seen him hunch right over and mumble ‘Ze Cajones!’. Would have gone out with a huge bang.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom