• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For anyone not sure where we are in the table...Arsenal are 11th out of 92.
Not so bad when you put it like that. Far more below than above. Realism and all that. Can’t win them all. One in the bush is worth two in the stink. A rolling stone doesn’t gather moss etc... All relevant.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
People talking about the squad a lot, but 14/15 players are guys that we signed/extended/kept under the Arteta reign. Then you have a bunch of kids and a few other senior guys.

Xhaka was asked to stay by Arteta, Holding/Auba was extended by Arteta etc.
Yeah because he probably knew if we get rid we wouldn't spend the money to replace with anyone better.

GoonerJay24

[
You really do not see. Simply because you have already decided he does not have one. Unless you believe he has a style, you will not see yet alone understand it.

It seems you understand how Pep plays. If you want to understand what Arteta is working on with his team , tune on the City for MGladbach. Pep will deploy a 433 with 1 pivot in Rodri with Gundogan and Foden playing as CAMs. With a front 3 of Raheem , Jesus and Bernardo.

Arteta is playing same with a double pivot is Xhaka and Thomas. For obvious reasons. We do not have the ability to keep the ball effectively as City. So we need to compensate by having 2 pivots to shield the back 4. We have a CAM in now MO and before that it was ESR. As opposed to City having 2 who are at the end of goals this season from midfield.

Now I hope you understand what he is implementing. For this to work possession , use of space , passing and football intelligence is key. @Iceman10 this is why he is using ESR , Saka and MO in the same team. He is frustrated by the fact that Willian or Pepe , 2 senior wing players he counts on are not on the same wavelength in terms of passing , movement , vision to combine as he wants.

It may not be working as fluid as required but he is building some thing. If we accept he has addressed the defence , then we can give him the benefit of doubt he can do same with the attack. This is just simple objectivity and looking at the facts.

He had a 343 formation during our rot. It did not work. I chastised him for that. For now he is doing something. I cannot deny it.

Hence atm what frustrates me is having Pepe back in the team firing. On current form I am afraid he cannot start in a full strength side. Mahrez had the same issues at City. They are players who have a natural instinct to dribble out of situations or eliminate a player or two before deciding if to pass next or combine. Mahrez ironed that out of his game. Watch Mahrez now and you see his first touch is to find space and combine. Dribbling as a decoy is now second nature. Pepe has to change his game too. His natural ability is to pick the ball , run at players and dribble away into clarity before passing. If you can do it like Messi then fine. If he keeps dribbling into a cul de sac , getting dispossessed etc drifting in and out of games , then pops up with the odd moment of brilliance and scores, then it is not good enough for this level. Saka is the 72m player and Pepe looks like the academy boy.

That's not really a playing style your just talking about formations and positions.

Arteta doesn't seem to have an identity other than playing out from defence to find the free man. We need a coach that'll incorporate our club philosophy of Wengerball combined with modern defensive tactics like counter pressing.

I don't want Arsenal to play like City, they're too boring and monotonous.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom