• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He played well, but I genuinely don't care. He was not better than Pepe. Not even close to be honest. Pepe forced their left back to be taken off at half time. Laid a chance on a plate for Cedric and basically won two penalties.

Willian is a safe player. When performing well, he makes the passes he should. Pepe makes this happens. He beats players around the box. He gets shots off and actually looks like scoring. He is also underrated creatively. It should be Pepe on the left balanced out by Saka on the right and they should be allowed to switch during the game. Saka offers all of the safety of Willian, with all of the x factor of Pepe. They balance each other out just as well.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This isn't going to be popular, but I don't care. If he can replicate his performance yesterday on a regular basis, I think he's the best fit for the team on the left. Allows us to retain the ball higher up the pitch, gives us more of a presence between the lines, and provides space for Tierney to overlap. Its a very big if though.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

See Willian been watching @say yes to the dress.

9-C4524-FE-2-CB7-4-FF5-8606-A03-C63-A4676-C.gif

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
This isn't going to be popular, but I don't care. If he can replicate his performance yesterday on a regular basis, I think he's the best fit for the team on the left. Allows us to retain the ball higher up the pitch, gives us more of a presence between the lines, and provides space for Tierney to overlap. Its a very big if though.
Big if and bit of a kneejerk reaction. He's stunk up the place most of the times he has played. Managed to lose the ball 5 out of 10 times in 10minutes in a recent sub appearance. One above average game doesn't warm me up to him. Has everything to prove especially with his massive contract.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Big if and bit of a kneejerk reaction. He's stunk up the place most of the times he has played. Managed to lose the ball 5 out of 10 times in 10minutes in a recent sub appearance. One above average game doesn't warm me up to him. Has everything to prove especially with his massive contract.

Wouldn't say knee jerk, the guy was a consistent player for Chelsea, putting in similar performances. It's not unreasonable to think he can get back close to that level, and it certainly isn't to think he can show more than what he's shown so far. Of course we have to see it though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think this is probably Arteta's line of thinking and like @The_Playmaker said, he's a safe player which again Arteta probably favours.

For me I don't really want him starting. I have to preface that by saying I never wanted Willian and I just don't like his type of signing so I'm biased.

But if he's playing well I'd still rather he be used as a substitute rather than a starter. I'd be more on the line of starting Saka on the right, Pepe on the left. Or start Saka and ESR and Pepe can rotate on the left.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s quite intentionally gone into flares territory with those jeans. More proof of him getting his game together if you ask me.
Only right to wear flare jeans if you have flair on the pitch.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Willian was always going to be a hard sell to Arsenal fans with his age and being the latest in a line of ex-Chelsea players to join us. His dire form obviously hasn't helped matters either.

Saying that, if he can start contributing on a regular basis I'll be happy. Over the years he's shown himself to be a good player. With the talent we have emerging I struggle to see him as more than a squad option though so his wages / contract length are always going to be an issue for me unfortunately.

In an ideal world he puts in a good last 1/3 of the season, repairs his reputation a bit and then he moves on in the summer. I hear he's very settled in London and has business interests here too so that could be an issue.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
That's not a bit of a kneejerk, that's an entire knee flex.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom