• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
Isn't he just as injury prone as Rosicky?
Other than that he's a top class player and would be a very good signing for the right price. But from what i've seen i like the look of Modric more and he's younger too.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Id snap your hands off for VDV....Hes so talente he can find his own way of being effective in any position

Sounds like his agent is just using names to make his client more coveted, its his job
When you say arsenal or newcastle, that attracts attention of other clubs

ibby

Established Member
Anything more than 15 million and they can bugger off.

We don't really need him tbh, I love the team the way it is now. No big names, no players with big egos and no players brought for big money.

van der Vaart won't add anything new to our team.

Would save the money for somebody better.

Wouldn't mind him here though.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The time to sign him was when he left Ajax. He joined HSV for around £3m pounds. Now HSV will probably want close to £20m for him. Surely Wenger won't spend that sort of money on anyone.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
ibby said:

We don't really need him tbh, I love the team the way it is now. No big names, no players with big egos and no players brought for big money.

ummmm......ok.

Dragon181

true gooner said:
Injury prone, isnt he? Useful signing though..may happen

He was the about the only effective Dutch player in the Netherlands-Belarus game last week, and really showed his class. He seems like he would fit Arsène's style of pass and move (He has good vision, can shoot, and passes very well). I know that it's almost shamelessly profligate to have all these classy players of the same type/skill set, but can having more of a good thing be bad?

But then again, he reminds me of Rosicky - Very good players who are made of glass. :roll:

So who knows?

gstew

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
I would love him here, fits our style down to the ground. He is better than Modric in my opinion.
Modric is better (IMO), especially for what Arsenal need. We need someone who can go wide and break down a defense. In this regard Modric is certainly more appropriate than VDV.

entropy13

Established Member
ibby said:

Can we really rely on any other player in our squad with free-kicks without RVP?

kamikaze80

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
The time to sign him was when he left Ajax. He joined HSV for around £3m pounds. Now HSV will probably want close to £20m for him. Surely Wenger won't spend that sort of money on anyone.
very true. i'm pretty sure this is agent talk as well. then again, we had reyes on our books at the time, didnt we?

anyway, for discussion's sake, i think the key thing that vdv would bring is his attack-mindedness. he's a guy who likes to score and get in advanced positions, which is something we often lack from out wide (i know he's not usually a wide player). rosicky and hleb dont attack the box enough and when they do, its invariably for a quick one-two and thats pretty predictable to any decent defender.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
nidza7 said:
how much he`d cost anyway?

He can leave Hsv for i thought nothing more then 10 million pounds because of things in his contract. i dont know for sure but i thought thats the case with him.

Anyway, its difficult to fit him in our first eleven he is not a winger he can play there he plays there also for Holland but he dont fit that in he is,nt a really fast player who past his opponent but anyway Rosicky is,nt also. i would love it if we bring the guy in! but not for centre midfield because it will stop Denilson and Diarra from devoloping

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

My gosh, Wenger seriously needs to see someone about his fetish. Im with Ibby, what is he really gonna add to our team? Unless Wenger starts shipping certain individuals.
Can't deny he is sick though, from what I have seen.
Like said above, if there was anytime to get him, it should have been when he left Ajax.

ibby

Established Member
entropy13 said:
ibby said:

Can we really rely on any other player in our squad with free-kicks without RVP?

Buy a player just for free kicks? especially one as costly as him? I don't think so.

Rosicky, Hleb, Eduardo, Walcott, Clichy & van Persie can all play on the wings, given left midfield isn't their natural position they all provide a different option with the exception of Rosicky & Hleb.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Maybe he could be a back up plan on the right side of our midfield. He could cut in to use his left foot?

How good/poor is his right foot btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom