• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerturk

Big Poppa said:
It wouldn't have been the first time the board have f****d around with a player's contract offer;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 150047.stm

Companies do that, they'll cut corners to save costs. Sometimes it's not always handled in the best manner and has repercussions. Disputes arise, and nobody is blameless - especially not Cole, but at least wait until you have heard the whole of his side of the story before jumping on the bandwagon.

I don't know any member of the board personaly hence what I am going to say can not be regarded as sucking up. All I know about the Arsenal board is that they are the most amateur spirited, least money minded football club board in England if not in the world. The proof; they never, not even once forced Arsène to take the team for a money making, useless far east or america tournaments. Manur, Chel$ki even spuds scums attend these merchandise sales , sponsorship grabbing circus yet we always get on with our preparations even though we could do with extra money these tours create. When it comes to money making or the welfare of the team, board have always supported Arsène relentlessly. So have some mercy and sense before trying to put the blame on the board for the treachery of Cashly.

regele

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
He met with Chelsea, simple as that and should f**k off, right?.
What are you talking about? A few people said he shoud leave solely because of the Chelsea meeting but that was hardly a majority, but his latest comments are just the last drop in the glass and don't tell me that it's the sun and he doesn't know about them because that doesn't stand IMO, he doesn't live in the jungle, I bet that if it was Henry in the same position he would have denied the rumours three times by now. You say that he's not a moneygrabbing bastard, then why didn't he just organise a press conference to tell us all his side of the story, but instead chose to make a book about it and all this fuss just before releasing it?
And last, the easyness with wich you put "He met with Chelsea" and "simple as that" next to eachother just baffles me.

I would like to add fuel to the fire

Reliable sources tell me he wasn't actually injured last season.

Didn't you find it odd that he came on and was mysteriously injured again?

He was up to some funny business, I can't say what as obviously it could be classified as slander

But check this out, he had the chance to play a reserve match, but didn't cos he couldn't be bothered, thats dedication

Artillero

Shadow Moses said:
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/errorconvertingthelink/sport_sto928376.shtml

Chelsea offer Cole way out

I realise swap deal nearly never happen but i would love Essien.

JMT

On a footballing level cole is supirior to any other LB in the whole world. so wenger must try everything in his power to make him stay and sign a contract for the next 5 years or somthing like that. but on a personal level they dont have to like eachother they dont even have to talk to eachother... so for me i hate the CASHELY BAS***D but for my club and all gunner supporters... He Must Stay

Artillero

- Åñð®éw - said:
On a footballing level cole is supirior to any other LB in the whole world. so wenger must try everything in his power to make him stay and sign a contract for the next 5 years or somthing like that. but on a personal level they dont have to like eachother they dont even have to talk to eachother... so for me i hate the CASHELY BAS***D but for my club and all gunner supporters... He Must Stay

Is he?

Last season with all the injury problems he looked average at best. In the Champions league final he was poor and that old French bloke passed him many times. Apart from 1 outstanding clearence off the line a poor world cup.

But that comment aside even if Thierry had acted like Cole I would want him to leave. He has gone well past the line and I just want him out.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
disagree. no matter how much i hate him now, i have to admit in paris, he fought for us like a real arsenal warrior. he repelled waves after waves of barca attacks.

Lehmann1

- Åñð®éw - said:
That's what he thinks as well. We would be better off having a team player rather than a stuck of tosser like Cole. This will damage morale if you knew that your boss and your team mate didn't even speak it would create divisions. He has to go.

ebhenry

i wouldnt care if he left. he should have been long gone. we will never know what happened, but lets not forget the genesis of the saga. ashley had a meeting with chelsea of all people, its like telling the board to **** off.........and its in very bad taste. i hear things like we dont know the story, dein should have kept his word, he's the best left back in the world, blah, blah blah........its all horsehit. ashley has never stated he wants to play for arsenal, he just wants to leave because of the money. its a bit like pv4, give the world the impression that arsenal or dein didnt care, but when the book finally came, we all know that he left because of a bruised ego. we had beeged pv4 for years to stay.....and the very time we allow him make his decision, he gets angry that we are not begging him..wtf? is that disloyalty.i dont think so. he obviously feels he deserves a lot more money, but what about flamini, eboue or my darling toure, who despite not being anywhere close to the UK, give their all, or feel very important, or cesc, who came out quickly to squash any rumours of a madrid move? isnt that what model professionals are? ........................**** U ASH, **** U AND **** OFF!!!!!!!!!!
rant over

Cruisio

Established Member
- Åñð®éw - said:

Once again, a left-back has NEVER made a major impact to a team. So what if he's the best left-back in the world? Left-backs can easily be replaced. Goalscorers (Henry) genuis' (Bergkamp) and leaders (Vieira, Toure, Lehmann) cannot. In my opinion, Ashley doesn't fit into any of those catergories

ebhenry

no arsenal hleb, he played because he needed to show he was still good. its like a ssexy chic showing off her goodies. all you really care about are the suitors u will get ie attracting the good clubs

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't think so. i personally think all the 14 players, plus our subs and the whole team who got there WORKED really hard. kudos100% to them.

we really fought like warriors, esp those 10 arsenal heroes. it was only 13 mins to go...

Lehmann1

Ashley Cole is bringing out a book to criticise Arsenal that is his aim. He knows that by doing this it will make it very difficult for us to keep him. If he stays and we let him get away with it he will have won. He sold his story slagging us off with this bollocks last year and know again he is slagging the club off. He has got no intention of working this out. He is a disgrace and I'd be disgusted if he was here next season. And Cruisio i think your spot on mate

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
regele said:
Big Poppa said:
He met with Chelsea, simple as that and should f**k off, right?.
What are you talking about? A few people said he shoud leave solely because of the Chelsea meeting but that was hardly a majority, but his latest comments are just the last drop in the glass and don't tell me that it's the sun and he doesn't know about them because that doesn't stand IMO, he doesn't live in the jungle, I bet that if it was Henry in the same position he would have denied the rumours three times by now. You say that he's not a moneygrabbing bastard, then why didn't he just organise a press conference to tell us all his side of the story, but instead chose to make a book about it and all this fuss just before releasing it?
And last, the easyness with wich you put "He met with Chelsea" and "simple as that" next to eachother just baffles me.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying in that statement mate. I was just using that statement to highlight the fact that in the eyes of most people, Cole met with Chelsea and that's the be all and end all of it(i.e. the other factors in the case bear small relevance).

In my eyes, there is more that needs to be determined (for myself) before beying for his blood. Was it Cole who approached Chelsea? Chelsea who approached Cole? or was the meeting deliberately engineered by some third party where Cole was used as bait to catch Chelsea? I have no freekin idea - I guess its just down to individual differences.

If I walked in on my girlfriend kissing another man and had only been dating her a few weeks, it would make little difference to me who'd made the first move, I'd boot her out. If I'd been with her for a long time however, and she'd not done anything like this before - I'd want to know whether he'd hit on her or not first, and I'd be intereted to hear her side of the story before making a decision.

The court case only served to punish each of the parties involved for the meeting taking place, but did little to answer these questions.

Either way, Cole was stupid and I'm not denying that.

I was also not attempting to play down the gravity of meeting with another club whilst being under contract, especially one of our main rivals. All I'm saying is that people should not be so dismissive of the fact that it may not be as simple as it looks from the outside - as is the case with any sort of relationship breakdown.

It's very easy to confuse this with me justifying the nature of Cole's subsequent reactions. But I'm not.

When I said that he may not have been aware of the recent re-publication of his critical comments on Friday, I meant it. He doesn't live in a jungle, but it was his wedding day ffs. He then went straight off to his honey moon and I doubt he'd have apreciated being contacted by his PR people just to let him know about wildly exaggerated extract from the blurb of his book had been written in the s*n!

You can really see Henry bothering to come out and deny every tabloid story that's written about him, on the weekend of his wedding??? I can see why you suggested Cole arranging a press conference, but papers will still find a way to coax him into a corner by asking awkward questions. He wanted to prepare an account of events on his terms, and without being in the media spotlight while doing so.

Having all that time to reflect, while he was recovering from his injury probably gave him an opportunity to sit down and get started on trying to restore his integrity by stating his side of the story and on his own terms, without the possibility of misconception by the media. All I can say about that, is he really is fighting a losing battle there with the misconception thing!

He could have waited until he retired before releasing the book but maybe felt that he didn't want to continue his career with that cloud over his head. His intention has been to clear his name, although I feel that somewhere down the line he has let that take priority over his relationship with the fans and the club that pays his wages. In the meantime, the club don't want to sell a quality player and the player has never said he wants to leave. Everything else is useless speculation.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cruisio said:
- Åñð®éw - said:

Once again, a left-back has NEVER made a major impact to a team. So what if he's the best left-back in the world? Left-backs can easily be replaced. Goalscorers (Henry) genuis' (Bergkamp) and leaders (Vieira, Toure, Lehmann) cannot. In my opinion, Ashley doesn't fit into any of those catergories

What crap.

call him a money-grabbing m*therf***r by all means, but you can't suddenly act like he's a bad player.

Goalscorers take the credit but each member of the team has their part to play. This is what people like Henry and Ronaldinho have to keep emphasising for dimwits when they collects their individual awards.

Cole raked up countless assists in our unbeaten season, he played a major part in our fluid attacking play. And his energy was essential to us not being exposed on the counter attacks. He's one of the best recovery defenders in the world, period.

He developed the ability to hit 60 yard cross-field passes with pin-point precision. Remember Henry's first goal against Inter at the San Siro? Cole was able to do a run and pass like that, whilst keeping Martins firmly in his back pocket at the same time.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I will never forget Coles goal against Dynamo Kyiv. His diving header in the last minute.

That goes down as one of my favourite ever goals not because of the quality but about everything surrounding it.

regele

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
I will never forget Coles goal against Dynamo Kyiv. His diving header in the last minute.

That goes down as one of my favourite ever goals not because of the quality but about everything surrounding it.
Me neither, it's one of my favourite memories about Arsenal, I went mad when that got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom