• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee1001

Established Member
Isn't gonna happen but i would love it if Cole played in the CL and then Chelsea were forced to look elsewhere meaning Cole had to stay and Wenger played Clichy or Armand ahead of Cole all season.

gun4glory

putting him in the CL squad would definately lower a price :S ... I'd rather we get a ****load of cash asap and avoid all this bs...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
putting him in the squad lowers his price? not until he actually plays...

besides, as much as people hate him, i would prefer him to actually stay with us as he is one of the best in his positions...

Goalkeeper

I don't really care about the cash, but more importantly is a suitable replacement for Cole. If we could swap Cole for Gallas or Essien I'd do it regardless. It doesn't matter how you look at it, our defence is thin.

I would also like to point out that being consistent over an entire season with one set defenders is a lot harder than defending in the Champions League. Let's face it, in the champions league, we got one goal or two, then the entire team defends for the rest of the legs. This was especially true during the Villareal set.

I love Arsenal but without cole we have:
Eboue - Cygan (?) - Toure - and Flamini (?) as our first choice defence at the moment. Do you honestly believe even with Clichy and Senderos back into the squad we can be consistent enough to do well in the EPL?

Cygan is Cygan, Senderos is still a little error prone even though I have faifth he can improve immensely, and Clichy will not stay fit. Flamini could fill in but Flamini is not a natural leftback, he makes up for his mistakes with a good work effort which is commendable.

Gooner83

USArsenal said:

besides, as much as people hate him, i would prefer him to actually stay with us as he is one of the best in his positions...

he doesn't have to play if hes registered with one club he can't register again with another.

run

Gooner83 said:
USArsenal said:

he doesn't have to play if hes registered with one club he can't register again with another.

If that's the case it only applies to the round in which they are registered by one club...if cole is included in our squad for this round, he could still play in the group stages for another club, provided he doesn't actually play for us.

this is from the guardian;

a second deadline of September 1 exists for the group stage of the Champions League. Cole will only be cup-tied at another club if he plays in a qualifier, not if he is in the squad or an unused substitute.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1836089,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=5

run

Goalkeeper said:
Senderos is still a little error prone even though I have faifth he can improve immensely, and Clichy will not stay fit. Flamini could fill in but Flamini is not a natural leftback, he makes up for his mistakes with a good work effort which is commendable.

I remember Senderos' beating at the hands of Drogba early in the year as well as anyone; the community shield performaces was unfortunate, but I think he has been criticized unfarily for Drogba's goal in the league - Senderos was clearly fouled. However I can't remember many errors as the season went on...he was outpaced a few times but always recovered well, and he was dominant in the air both in the premiership and the champions league.

I think his performance for us last year and his star turn at the world-cup will only make him better. I think Toure and Senderos will anchor our defense for years to come. Unless Djourou is as good as Wenger seems to think.

Don't be so hard on our boys. I really believe if Toure or Senderos were at any other big club, or especially if they were english, they would be revered by the media -- there is ever a bias against our club.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If Ash Cole plays for us , I hope the jeering is kept to a minimum or non-existant otherwise the prick my let his opponents through on goal to spite us!

gunner_down_under

even if he does stay, there's no place for jeers for an Arsenal player from its own supporters, thats just disgraceful.

He's a ****, he's a traitor, but if he stays, he will be an Arsenal player, and thats the botom line, I hope we dont stoop as low as the Man Utd fans!

having said that, my first preference in all this is for him to stay.....whatever said, he's a gun of a player at LB, probably the best in the world, and has a good understanding with Henry.

Shmee150

Following today's new of Chelski giving Ballack the number 13 (Gallas previously) without even consenting him after 5 years with the shirt, kinda implies they might want rid of him. And if they want Cole, maybe we'll be able to manage a Cole/Gallas swap, hopefully with money our way, think that would keep both players and clubs happy!

ShMeE

run

Shmee150 said:
Following today's new of Chelski giving Ballack the number 13 (Gallas previously) without even consenting him after 5 years with the shirt, kinda implies they might want rid of him. And if they want Cole, maybe we'll be able to manage a Cole/Gallas swap, hopefully with money our way, think that would keep both players and clubs happy!

ShMeE

I very much doubt we would be willing to pay his wages, even if Chelsea are willing to include Gallas in a swap. Doesn't he want something like $90,000 a week from Chelsea?

gunner_down_under

I dont think money had anything to do with it....he's been an integral part of their sqaud for 5 years and has hardly ever been mentioned by Mourinho in a positive way ever!

read somewhere that he was on 40k a week, and they decided to double it and take way his number 13, why would he want that number anyway?? :lol:

Shmee150

run said:
Shmee150 said:

ShMeE

I very much doubt we would be willing to pay his wages, even if Chelsea are willing to include Gallas in a swap. Doesn't he want something like $90,000 a week from Chelsea?

Maybe that's why Chelsea don't like him :p

ShMeE

Dougan17

goonerz49 said:
so you would prefer that to getting £25m?

getting 25m for what? Where are you going to buy that's going to make up for losing a left back of Cole's ability. There's nobody out there available close to his ability that's available.

AFCFan4Ever

gunner_down_under said:
even if he does stay, there's no place for jeers for an Arsenal player from its own supporters, thats just disgraceful.

He's a c**t, he's a traitor, but if he stays, he will be an Arsenal player, and thats the botom line, I hope we dont stoop as low as the Man Utd fans!

Screw that, are you kidding me?

What are we supposed to do...cheer him and act like nothing has gone on? **** that, he's a friggin' scumbag that has sold EVERYONE out involved with Arsenal...including the supporters.

If for some God awful reason he was to stay, he should be booed and jeered right off the pitch with every touch.

Just because he wears the colors doesn't mean he's an "Arsenal player"....he's no longer that and NEVER will be again.

RC8

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
gunner_down_under said:

He's a c**t, he's a traitor, but if he stays, he will be an Arsenal player, and thats the botom line, I hope we dont stoop as low as the Man Utd fans!

What are we supposed to do...cheer him and act like nothing has gone on? f**k that, he's a friggin' scumbag that has sold EVERYONE out involved with Arsenal...including the supporters.

If for some God awful reason he was to stay, he should be booed and jeered right off the pitch with every touch.

Just because he wears the colors doesn't mean he's an "Arsenal player"....he's no longer that and NEVER will be again.

BOO him when he's NOT playing, don't act like an idiot and harm the whole team while doing so. When you boo him you'll make him nervous and the team will hesitate before giving him the ball, which would be detrimental to our quick passing football. Post Banners against him, insult him in the street all you want, but don't harm the other 10 players and the rest of the club because of him.

AFCFan4Ever

RC8 said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
gunner_down_under said:

What are we supposed to do...cheer him and act like nothing has gone on? f**k that, he's a friggin' scumbag that has sold EVERYONE out involved with Arsenal...including the supporters.

BOO him when he's NOT playing, don't act like an idiot and harm the whole team while doing so. When you boo him you'll make him nervous and the team will hesitate before giving him the ball, which would be detrimental to our quick passing football. Post Banners against him, insult him in the street all you want, but don't harm the other 10 players and the rest of the club because of him.

:lol: I seriously doubt the whole team is going to be destabilized every time Cole is booed or jeered....come on now.

It didn't bother Henry or the team when there were pockets of supporters booing him during all the speculation about him going to Barca.

If we shouldn't boo Cole than there's no way in hell we should cheer or support him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom