• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dawn raids

Established Member
JazzG said:
If he goes to Chelsea we get a very big lump of sum, if he goes abroad we won't get as much but still a decent amount, if not we keep a damn good player.

there should be no third option there. i dont even want him sitting on the bench or feigning injury, as wed have to pay him to do that. id prefer us not to give him the money to pay cab fare to the brigde, or whatever ****hole he plays in next.

el jefe

Keeping him doesn't seem like a very realistic option. Even if Cashley changed his mind, would Arsène and the rest of the players forgive him at this point? I was a bit disappointed by Henry's quotes in support of Cashley.

Chelsea will eventually budge. I expect the sum to be 20-22 mil rather than 25-30. It seems at this point Chelsea may be content to let us sweat it out and only swing the deal at the last minute. That way, at least we wouldn't be spending the money this summer.

gun4glory

the dawn raids said:
JazzG said:
If he goes to Chelsea we get a very big lump of sum, if he goes abroad we won't get as much but still a decent amount, if not we keep a damn good player.

there should be no third option there. i dont even want him sitting on the bench or feigning injury, as wed have to pay him to do that. id prefer us not to give him the money to pay cab fare to the brigde, or whatever ****hole he plays in next.
That would be a good ole kick in the ass if he stays :lol: :lol:

kamikaze80

Established Member
thats a good point el jefe. i hope we've had our LB target go through his physical already so that the move is ready to go at a moment's notice as soon as cole is shipped off.

jdmdrew

The fact of the matter is even though cole is a moaning ******. We need him. We cant afford to lose one of our major pieices of the puzzle. And to give him up our major title contenders. Why would we do that? I know he is a ***** and I know he a money grub. But i dont want to lose him. It looks like we wont

Chelsea cant afford him- ya right

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ce+too+big

flaunt

Aha! Chelsea (and Moanrinho) have told Arsenal, they ain't gonna ship one bloody pound more for Ashley. (for normal people it's one bloody cent, but you know, a pound for Chelsea...)

So their "last" offer is 16M pounds. Honestly, Arsenal could sell him for nearly that much next season - during his "last" year of his contract. You tell me - if Ashley is up for grabs at 13M, Real won't be back for him.

Also, Arsenal have no qualms about selling the guy in January... in exchange for someone in the French Ligue 1 perhaps.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

That little money hungry bugger needs to come out and either apologize. Wich we all know he wont. Or he can state that he wants to leave the club no matter what. Why would we play someone in the first team that wont put any effort or desire into the team.

jdmdrew

GuNNerZ4LiFe said:
That little money hungry bugger needs to come out and either apologize. Wich we all know he wont. Or he can state that he wants to leave the club no matter what. Why would we play someone in the first team that wont put any effort or desire into the team.

He still puts forth effort. He should aplogize though, after all we gave him the life he has. But I am glad to keep him. You never know how much a leaving player can effect the team

flaunt

Hardly seems fair that Chelsea only want to pay 16 million for an unsettled player, who is unsettled because Chelsea made an illegal approach for said player.

Gurgen

Established Member
Beany said:
The present circumstanced being that double d won't bend over and take it from the ruski mafia.

Good for him and f**k them.

Our way or the highway...

Exactly.

They paid 24m for Dogbag but they can't fork out the cash for Cole?
Cobblers. Either they pay or we let him rot in the reserves.

osugunner

This whole situation is garbage..

Guys we are one of the biggest clubs in this league and the world. We can't afford to lose one of our best players to one of our biggest rivals and the champs two years running. It just can't happen, I don't care how much money we get.. So what we get 25 million and lose one of our best players? Meanwhile Chelsea, where money is no object shell out a little scratch, gain a major piece to their team and in turn weaken a rival. Garbage I tell you. If we HAVE to sell him then sell him to a team in another league. Yeah we don't profit as much but in the short-term we gain much more. They said it right, when they say there are plenty of teams who will come after Cole. If need be this year make him sweep the ****ing stands for all we care, just don't sell him to Chelsea.

lozzapig

What a ridiculous mess! i also agree that it is very bad for us if we lose our best/ most experienced defender. its worse to have your best/ most experienced player being forced to play for you! will he put that extra 10% into those cruch games? those diving on the line moments to get the ball clear?

very tough position

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
arsenal_hleb said:
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=footballNews&storyid=2006-08-10T020049Z_01_L08639632_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-SOCCER-ENGLAND-ARSENAL.XML&src=rss

well everybody now i saying we are a club in turmoil just because our dear cashley and baby jose wants to leave

Mission accomplished for Chelsea then.

They get to either;

a) Sign a world class player from one of their main title rivals, strengthening themselves and weaking their opponents in the process - double whammy.

b) Leave the whole thing in turmoil, having de-stabilised one of their main title rivals and caused other players to question the club's ambition.

c) Get a (potentially) world-class left back from elsewhere on a cheaper deal. Lahm, Taiwo, Gilberto, Kaladze..

All whilst keeping their 'PR' noses clean. I wish Ashley was intelligent enough to see that it's Chelsea who are hanging him out to dry by using him to get one over his club!

Chelsea's chairman Bruce Buck said this about the tapping-up saga;

"That was inappropriate, not in the best interests of that club, not in the best interests of that player and not in the best interests of football."

Except he wasn't talking about the meeting, he was talking about Arsenal's decision to report it!

He then added;

"When you look at the proceedings as a whole you have to say that they [Arsenal] had a particular agenda here."

When Mourinho was asked how he would react if John Terry had been found to be in the green room with Arsenal, he said that he would have hauled the player in and said "what’s the problem, what are you unhappy about?."

And if it was a football-related issue he would have 'gone out of his way' to resolve that problem because this was one of his best players.

If there was a financial issue he would have said to Peter Kenyon and the Chelsea board "resolve the financial issue."

"In this case, the player’s current club decided not to talk to him, not to try to resolve any issues, but made it into a public spectacle."

The sad thing is that Cole seems to have been taken in by all this, and Chelsea's pretences to sympathise with him whilst making Arsenal out to look like the crooks.

Kenyon himself said that Chelsea no longer have a 'relationship' with Arsenal immediately after the whole affair was exposed, and now he wants to play hardball over negotiations!? Do me a ****ing favour you bald Mancunian snake!

Army of Me

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I wish Ashley was intelligent enough to see that it's Chelsea who are hanging him out to dry
are we sure he doesn't?

i mean, he promised to tell all about who hung him out to dry in his book - are we sure he isn't going to blast chelsea?

when does his waste-of-wood come out anyway?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

when does his waste-of-wood come out anyway?[/quote]

lol

Although that description could equally apply to his "lovely" wife

:wink:

osugunner

pha2er said:
Big Poppa said:
I wish Ashley was intelligent enough to see that it's Chelsea who are hanging him out to dry
are we sure he doesn't?

I think it's pretty clear who he thinks is at fault. Even though the only one at fault is himself, he needs to be a man and see his contract out.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
pha2er said:
Big Poppa said:
are we sure he doesn't?

i mean, he promised to tell all about who hung him out to dry in his book - are we sure he isn't going to blast chelsea?

You're right mate. Notice that the only thing that was 'serialised' by the Sun from the book was the blurb! Suggests to me that there's a whole lot more to this than we're being led to believe, but who knows.

Cole's publishers have probably told him not to say anything until the book's out because it might affect their sales, since nobody will have much of a need to buy it any more. Still though, is all of this worth it????

osugunner

Big Poppa said:
pha2er said:
Big Poppa said:
are we sure he doesn't?

You're right mate. Notice that the only thing that was 'serialised' by the Sun from the book was the blurb! Suggests to me that there's a whole lot more to this than we're being led to believe, but who knows.

Cole's publishers have probably told him not to say anything until the book's out because it might affect their sales, since nobody will have much of a need to buy it any more. Still though, is all of this worth it????

I have a hard time believing that. I'd say this situation is a little bit more important to Cole's career than a book. Besides if people want to buy the book then they will buy it, regardless of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom