• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpho

Established Member
just for a laugh... read in a norwegian newspaper yesterday that if Mourinho doesnt get Casley he will go for his second option... John Arne Riise at Liverpool!! :D says alot about his manager abillities if you ask me

Ketka

thegame24 said:
good point there.

Cole and Campbell, great players but out of order.

Also out of all the england team assuming cole is still a gunner, the only player id kill for is Steven Gerrard.

The majority of English players are * who I wouldn't want on my team anyway. Too many of them spend too much time boozing, banging as many blondes as possible and swearing like crazed yobs at referees.

I watched an interview with Wayne Rooney recently and the man can't even form a sentence! Now I know that it shouldn't matter so long as he can kick a ball straight, but even so...

Give me a player like Cesc any day! Watched his interview on ATVO and was highly impressed. Can you imagine Wayne Rooney giving an interview in Spanish in a highly articulate and confident fashion like Cesc did? Erm... no. Fabregas speaks better English than the whole England national team put together. And he's 19!

Call me unpatriotic but I just don't like English players much. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Sol man said:
http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=26921
Chelski fansite says hes gone for 23 million

Hallelujah . I hope this transfer saga is finally over. I can’t take It any longer

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

1970*Gooner said:
Cashly is a gonner. :wink:
Snap :lol:

:D If this is true we can finally get on with it .

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
celestis said:
1970*Gooner said:
Cashly is a gonner. :wink:
Snap :lol:

:D If this is true we can finally get on with it .
I bloody hope it's over, lets get on with the football, let the rent boy go with the ruski.

Jinn

Established Member
I won't believe it until a more reputable source runs the story. But it sounds promising! This will signal some more signings by Wenger I'm sure.

kel varnsen

Established Member
hm, to be perfectly honest, i'd prefer cole to stay for another 6 months and then flog him off tho wherever when clichy is back again. even if that would mean a significantly smaller transfer fee; it's not like wenger is going to spend the money anyway...

gstew

Sol man said:
If this is true, then I am VERY impressed with AW and DD.

No other club in the world would have paid EVEN HALF that for an outside back (no matter how good). Zambrotta went for under 10 million and I believe that he is better than Cole (albeit older). Paolo Ferreira continues to be the only outside back EVER to be purchased for over 10 million pounds. Sergio Ramos was bought by RM as a CB.

Way to stick it to 'em DD!!!!!!!!!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
kel varnsen said:
hm, to be perfectly honest, i'd prefer cole to stay for another 6 months and then flog him off tho wherever when clichy is back again. even if that would mean a significantly smaller transfer fee; it's not like wenger is going to spend the money anyway...
He might surprise us all by splashing out on a few new players, the window is not closed yet, I'm not holding my breath but he might. :D

apollo

phhew!!...got rid of that ba****d in a relatively good price and now let's see another good player...if Wenger is really intending to buy one...I hope he does

RockyRocastle

Established Member
gstew said:
Sol man said:
If this is true, then I am VERY impressed with AW and DD.

No other club in the world would have paid EVEN HALF that for an outside back (no matter how good). Zambrotta went for under 10 million and I believe that he is better than Cole (albeit older). Paolo Ferreira continues to be the only outside back EVER to be purchased for over 10 million pounds. Sergio Ramos was bought by RM as a CB.

Way to stick it to 'em DD!!!!!!!!!

What is an outside back?

gstew

Sometimes us Americans will confuse terminology. Many of us were taught as children that a fullback is any defender in the back line.

Outside back = LB or RB.

Other American terminology:

Center half usually meant CM

Sweeper was the term used for the role of Libero

Stopper was the term for the central defender who man marked the opponent's most dangerous striker. How could a central defender man mark a striker? We were also taught that you always put your best player up front and his movement would rarely take him outside the width of the penalty box.

Can you tell that I am a little bitter that I never got proper football training (I am 41 now)? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom