• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feis-al

Well, If he does what Gerrard did for Liverpool after the flirtation with Chelsea, Then am all for him to stay. Believe me, Many will boo him put if he pulls one of those last minute ditch like against Ecuador or some team, we will cheer him. Remember, That is if he stays

burnsjed

Established Member
To be fair to gerrard, the situation with Cole is different.
Cole has almost burnt his bridges unless he caomes out and apologises, sacks his agent etc.
That is not going o happen.
Cole will not be with us in 3 years time, unless the whole board have changed, and he feels he no longer has a problem with whoever is steering the ship.

the dawn raids

Established Member
you know what? i dont care what we do with him anymore. play him, sell him, whatever. im just so tired of this whole scenario, and the **** isnt worth expending this much energy on.

Ratinho

Established Member
ramon mate, it's not about being on topic or off topic, I think we're fairly leniant on that here.

It's about posting something that actually adds to the thread, whether people agree/disagree/think it's brilliant/think it's crap.

Just helping. :)

qs

Established Member
burnsjed said:
To be fair to gerrard, the situation with Cole is different.
Cole has almost burnt his bridges unless he caomes out and apologises, sacks his agent etc.
That is not going o happen.
Cole will not be with us in 3 years time, unless the whole board have changed, and he feels he no longer has a problem with whoever is steering the ship.

Not that different at all. Just the scousers have selective memories.

Raypele

Big Poppa said:
The one thing that does so was his appeal claim to a 'restraint of trade' that was made on his behalf by his lawyer. Clearly unable to make the quite clear distinction between contract law and employment law also undermining the purpose of a contract in football.

Attempting to bring the whole nature of the game into turmoil for clubs and fans who passionately follow them just out of desperation to clear his name both surprised and disappointed me greatly. I can say that he was very badly advised, but he is his own man and should have really realised just how serious a situation he was getting himself into.

Money has a very small part to play in any of this as a determining factor.

I agree with the majority of that post, but just for the record there is no distinction between contract law and employment law. Employment law is simply a subset of contract law. The real issue is that football contracts are fixed term contracts and the rate of consideration means that a court would not see a footballer like ashley in the same way as if I wanted to leave my job and go work for someone else. In short the length of a footballer's contract is their notice period.

Anyhow, agree that Ashley's attempts to prove his 'innocence' and the failure to accept his obligations to his employer shows that there has never really been any remorse on his part. We should expect none, and hence he will leave, whether now or in january.

tgr

i hate the idea cole staying bearing 100k a week.

you cant sell a player with 100k a week. i would like to keep him stay if chelsea dont up their bid.

but maybe we should just retain him until the winter window to wait for clichy or someone to take his place. and maybe real or some team may need a LB. we may sell him in a loss.

also if we pay him 100k. how much should we pay other top players?

jester

Established Member
and if Arsène gives him permission then arsenal do since Arsène is in charge of that area.
wenger has said he can leave, hence he has arsenals permission

otfgoon

Established Member
Not exactly the worlds biggest secret is it?

I'm sure he will go, its just a matter if who budges first, chelsea or us.

Ratinho

Established Member
It's just taking what Wenger has said to try and make news. We know he has permission to leave, we are actively trying to sell him ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom