• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jaz.14

i know alot of ppl keep mentioning some big name defenders but i think Davies is probably the one we'll go for. Young, English? might be what we need, and if Campbell goes i still think we might sign Thuram, i know he's 34 but the experience would be great.

gun4glory

Let's wait till January for a striker if we need one. with Rosicky signing we can FINALLY (!!!!!!) give Reyes an extended run upfront next to Henry (whenever it's happened it's worked!)
That'll really show us what happening without attack... We'll have option with Ade, RvP, Theo and Reyes for immediate inclusion upfront, and Rosicky, Hleb, Freddie, Pires (maybe) for midfield...
We have plenty of attacking options... We really have to focus on our CBs and DCM...

Plus Torres (the player everyone expects to sign for us) will not be cup-tied in January... But he might go somewhere else...
But it's a risk we should take...

Reyes is something special... He just needs to find his feet... (wow, never thought i'd be using such a cliche)

nazo

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
unless it's ronaldinho, i don't want us to sign any forwards this summer. we have plenty of options up front already.

Amen. :p
What's the point of signing a new forward?

longrufus

Established Member
Fair point, as i have said numerous times, he is the answer to a lot of the questions being asked of the team.
To be honest i think the signing of Rosicky may be a signal that Reyes will play up front more often. I'll be happy with that. However if this is not the case and Reyes continues on the wing, i feel we need to add something upfront.
Unless of course he plans to use Rosicky in the Bergkamp role.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Rosicky in a Bergkamp role is just cementing the 4-5-1 from the CL run If you assk me. No problem with that really myself but people here wan't to play 4-4-2 and if Rosicky is to play that deeplying playmaking striker then I would say that he will get in the way of Cesc. But one of my dreams is that Cesc develops more like a Pirlo kinda guy. That secures our defence more and allow us to play him and a box-tobox CM be it Diaby or a new CM

kel varnsen

Established Member
longrufus said:
Fair point, as i have said numerous times, he is the answer to a lot of the questions being asked of the team.
To be honest i think the signing of Rosicky may be a signal that Reyes will play up front more often. I'll be happy with that. However if this is not the case and Reyes continues on the wing, i feel we need to add something upfront.

very true. my conclusion is based on the assumption that reyes is first and foremost a forward, or at least a viable option up front. if wenger sees reyes as a winger even after the signing of rosicky, i could understand the need for another forward. however, i seriously doubt that wenger won't use reyes up front; especially since he played up front in the last two league matches...

longrufus

Established Member
Completely different things YeaBee, when we played for many years with Bergkamp, no one called it a 451. So i dont see why that would change playing Rosicky in the same role.
I cant see how Cesc's role would be hindered either. In fact some of our best football was played at the start of last season, with Bergkamp and Cesc playing together.

longrufus

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
longrufus said:

very true. my conclusion is based on the assumption that reyes is first and foremost a forward, or at least a viable option up front. if wenger sees reyes as a winger even after the signing of rosicky, i could understand the need for another forward. however, i seriously doubt that wenger won't use reyes up front; especially since he played up front in the last two league matches...

Couldnt agree more.

longrufus

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Well then according to your list, what's the point of buying Torres if you were to buy Baptista?

Thats why this is in the wish list my dear man.

Chelsea having Duff, Robben and Cole didnt stop them getting SWP.
Having Lampard and Essian didnt stop Ballack

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom