• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

gstew

Requirement:
Lorik Cana (or an equivalent ball-winning hard man CM)

Luxury:
Sebastian Giovinco (before he gets too expensive as the next truly great Italian)

Anzac

Established Member
I want a big physical hard as nails CM type..........I want us to play attractive football but I also want us to have some steel to be able to protect ourselves..........

True Gooner

Established Member
I still think we need a new CB more than anything, at least I can see one of Diaby, Song or Denilson stepping up next season but from where I'm standing it looks like the Toure-Gallas combination will only continue to get worse.

Also, I can't see Djourou stepping up either, even though he looked decent in the middle.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I think we could do with a CB too (especially if one, not named Silvestre, leaves), and, even though I disagree on Djourou somewhat, competition is good.

Anzac

Established Member
Agreed re the CB, but I want some muscle in midfield / enforcer more than anything - and I don't care if they can't play box-to-box or our pretty football, so long as they can devestate incoming attacks & then get rid of the ball to one of our players quickly.........

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The only thing with that Anzac is I don't see Wenger necessarily wanting to address the centre midfield, he might but I see a CB as more likely. Then again, this is the wish list after all.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm only not sure about the CB situation because (1) Silvestre is hopefully leaving; (2) don't know whether Senderos will be coming back as a possible replacement; (3) not convinced that both Gallas and Toure will be here next year. I just feel that overall, barring putting Song back there (not a good option IMO), we look short relative to the centre midfield.

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I'm only not sure about the CB situation because (1) Silvestre is hopefully leaving; (2) don't know whether Senderos will be coming back as a possible replacement; (3) not convinced that both Gallas and Touré will be here next year. I just feel that overall, barring putting Song back there (not a good option IMO), we look short relative to the centre midfield.

Agreed that IF any of this happens then CB becomes the priority.
However as the squad stands here & now, I want muscle in midfield.

entropy13

Established Member
If CBs, DMs and a new striker are what we need...

Arturo Vidal
Naldo
Alexei Berezutsky
Vasili Berezutsky
Angelo Palombo
Raul Albiol
Simon Rolfes
Clément Chantome
Alberto Zapater
Fuente Sergio Garcia
Rene Oscar Cardozo

:p

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ade and RVP for Villa.
Silvestre for Sakho.
Song for fully developed Song.
Denilson for fully developed Denilson.
Diaby for fully developed Diaby.
Gallas for Chiellini.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
Ade and RVP for Villa.
Silvestre for Sakho.
Gallas for Chiellini.
Villa I like and would want; that price is too high for me.

Silvestre for Sakho? Makes sense: Sakho for a sack of ****.

Song, Denilson, Diaby all developed? Why not.

Gallas for Chiellini? It is the wish list after all. :wink:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
outlaw_member said:
Ade and RVP for Villa.
Silvestre for Sakho.
Senderos for Bruno Alves
Toure for Richards
Gist of this is good, but some additions will make it perfect and more realistic

Top Bottom