• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Goons AFC

Not gonna happen, but if Adebayor leaves, anyone hear rumors on where Eto'o is going? He seems angry at Barca, turned down Man City, any chance we could take him in a cut-rate deal and offer him huge wages? I'd call that an improvement!

progman07

Established Member
Goons AFC said:
Not gonna happen, but if Adebayor leaves, anyone hear rumors on where Eto'o is going? He seems angry at Barca, turned down Man City, any chance we could take him in a cut-rate deal and offer him huge wages? I'd call that an improvement!
please no Eto'o. Did you actually watch HIM play, or did you watch BARCA play and saw Etoo's goal number.

Every single goal bar 2-3 is a simple pass to the open goal, or a penalty. No effort, really. He won't be doing this here when you face better defenses, without Messi, Henry, Xavi and Iniesta.

Still he managed to miss loads of chances and couldn't win the Pichichi in the team that scored more than 100 goals...

Also he provides nothing but goals.

Put Bendtner into that team and he'd have got those goals, too, with less pressure on him and no booing Emirates fans.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
People are acting as if Bendtner is Mr Arsenal at the Emirates. He was booed plenty times last season, and still isn't good enough to be first choice imo.

qs

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
People are acting as if Bendtner is Mr Arsenal at the Emirates. He was booed plenty times last season, and still isn't good enough to be first choice imo.

Exactly. He was pretty poor this season but managed to get a few goals and now people are acting like he's Torres. Someday he might be good enough but he certainly isn't now.

Plus everything that was wrong with Ade is worse with Bendtner. He's slower, less skillful, worse finisher, breaks down attacks more often. Ok he's not offside as much but thats because he simply doesn't even try to play off the shoulder because he's not quick enough.

My hope is that Ades departure will mean a return to playing with the ball on the floor and an end to our hopeless long balls and aimless crosses. With Bendtner in the team that will continue. Keep him on the bench and use him for the famous "plan B".

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Not possible, Huntelaar signed for Stuttgart.

My new wishlist! Decided to do Entropy style :p

Neuer
Asenjo

Subotic
Santon
Dabo
Kjaer
Criscito
Boateng
Hummels
Pique
Thiago Heleno
Marcellis
Leo Renan
Pieters
Sakho

Hazard
Giovinco
Defour
Hamsik
Kacar
Busquets
Javi Martinez
Feghouli
Moutinho
De Rossi
Toulalan
Francisco Fernando
Renato Augusto
Marin
Buonanotte
Özil
Alexis Sanchez
Banega
Pjanic
Willian
Di Maria
Sahin
Ninis
Moussa Sissoko
Elm
Kroos
Wernbloom
Svensson

Pastore
Berg
Dzeko
Guilheme
Acquafresca
Balotelli
Jovetic
Dembele
Necid
Arnautovic
Prudnikov

Floating

Established Member
Is Hamsik as aggressive and defensive as we need, or is he just a goal-scoring CM like Lampard?

Has anyone seen Gojko Kacar play? Apparently the Mancs were interested, so he can't be half bad. He's a 6ft Serbian DM who can score goals, and can also play CB. He's the same age as Matuidi - 22, but he has 9 international caps, and plays regularly in the Bundesliga for Hertha Berlin. Sounds good to me!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kacar is good. I saw him in 2 matches only though in the Euro u21. But looks good enough.

Hamsik is more of B2B. Not the hard tackling midfielder we want.

Floating

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Kacar is good. I saw him in 2 matches only though in the Euro u21. But looks good enough.

Hamsik is more of B2B. Not the hard tackling midfielder we want.

Yeah, that's what I thought about Hamsik. Is Kacar better than Song? Is he mobile enough to partner Cesc in a 4-4-2, or is he more of an anchorman?

gstew

I would like a big strong replacement for Ade that can hold the ball up and win headers with a couple of men on his back. My first choice is Ishmael Miller. But he is just finishing rehab on his ACL and would be quite risky. If he comes back strong (and moves up to the Premiership in January), though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the plane to South Africa.

These are my other realistic choices (players that are actually for sale, otherwise Dzeko would top the list) for that role:

Chamakh
Vucinic
Pogrebnyak
Kenwyne Jones
Demba Ba

Very good players that are too slow to play this role at Arsenal:

Huntelaar
Guiza
Crouch
Zigic

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

True Gooner said:
Who could we realistically sign in midfield for £30m?
30m can sign a whole lot of players

Toulalan, De Rossi, 1 1/2 Melos...etc

True Gooner

Established Member
Would De Rossi join us? I doubt.

Melo has joined Juventus and he's hardly 'world class'.

Toulalan I like but no one has been linked with him this summer.

I'm refering to the availability of players here.

Is Sissoko up for sale? Surely Juve have way too many midfielders?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Barcelona are apparently after Poulsen, and Sissoko could be up for sale. The problem with both of them is that they have the aggression and defensive ability we desperately need, but can't do jack all with the ball. Unless we move to a 3 man midfield, all you have to do is stick a marker on Cesc, and allow Sissoko or Poulsen plenty of time on the ball. Something you definitely don't want, as our ability to dictace the play would jump out the window.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom