• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Invincible

Established Member
floating said:
Arsenal 2010 - 2011

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Frey - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - - Cahill - Vermaelen - - Clichy
- - - - - - Vertonghen - - Song - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - Fabregas - - - - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - - -
Melo for Vertonghen and Hangeland for Cahill and that would be my team.

Viper

Established Member
GK - Frey
CB - Cahill
CM - ??? Have heard bad things about Melo.
AM - Hazard
ST - Chamakh

And sell:
Bendtner, Almunia, Senderos, Silvestre

Viper

Established Member
USArsenal said:
get rid of Denilson and Bendtner? lol

the rest, sure (except "maybe" Eduardo, still not convinced he's done yet)..

and also agree with what we need, although, the likelihood of signing 4 world class players in the same transfer window is non-existent.. we dont have that kind of money
Bendtner is so overrated in this board. He has the worst first touch in the squad, is the slowest player in the squad, and has the work rate of a zombie. When he doesn't score, he is next to useless.

kamikaze80

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
Park is the quintessential Man United role player and wouldn’t perform optimally in a system as structurally loose as ours IMO.
you've got it completely backwards, it's the footballing * who need a strict system. park would look even better in a system with more freedom like ours, and he'd help others look better as well. freedom demands and rewards intelligence.

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
12 goals, 6 assists is not a bad return for someone who does nothing when he isnt scoring.. (19 starts, mind you)

true, but the difference between us, as a team, with him up front and a quality striker up front is massive.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Unlike last summer, I'm kinda liking most of the players we're being linked with. Not sure if that's just because I want to see changes of any sort

I'm hoping the players brought in are physical enough to prevent us being bullied, and that they can reinvigorate other current players

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lespin said:
Why does everybody want Melo? He was voted flop transfer of the year in Italy.
he hasnt been as bad as that.. first off, the whole Juve team has been piss-poor, and its not just down to Melo.. Diego has been cack, half their team has been injured for chunks of the season (Del Piero, Iaquinta, Trezeguet, Cammorenasi, Sissoko, etc, etc.)

ive watched Juve quite a bit, and their whole team is just out of synch..a lot of that has to do with the injuries and having new players who just dont really know how to play together yet.. Melo has had decent games for them, and he certainly has been incorrectly labeled as the biggest transfer flop in Italy..

he hasnt been wonderful by any means, but i think he's trying to do more than he actually can do at Juve, and he was in top form at Fiorentina.. one of his biggest issues is cards (he gets lots of them, think Vieira back in 2000-2004 where he'd get 10 or 11 yellows per season, with a couple reds thrown in there)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
GoonerAG said:
GK- Hart- £7 million
I know it is the wish thread but do you honestly think he's gonna be available for a price even remotely close to that? He's english and more or less guaranteed to be the regular keeper in the national team for the next decade or so. His actual transfer fee will be closer to three times that sum, I suspect.

GoonerAG

Klaus Daimler said:
GoonerAG said:
GK- Hart- £7 million
I know it is the wish thread but do you honestly think he's gonna be available for a price even remotely close to that? He's english and more or less guaranteed to be the regular keeper in the national team for the next decade or so. His actual transfer fee will be closer to three times that sum, I suspect.

Very good point but I'm only going by the figures being touted around the media in the hope that Hart is willing to leave his parent club in search of first-team football!

I think it is mainly the fear that if the price is any higher you'll get Wenger sticking his guns with those couple of idiots we have in goal who can give Dumb and Dumber a good run for their money lol!

qs

Established Member
Viper said:
Bendtner is so overrated in this board. He has the worst first touch in the squad, is the slowest player in the squad, and has the work rate of a zombie. When he doesn't score, he is next to useless.

:lol: So wrong.

qs

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
AshburtonGhost said:
Park is the quintessential Man United role player and wouldn’t perform optimally in a system as structurally loose as ours IMO.
you've got it completely backwards, it's the footballing * who need a strict system. park would look even better in a system with more freedom like ours, and he'd help others look better as well. freedom demands and rewards intelligence.

If you look at the games without Rooney the guy has very little when he isn't being dragged through by better players. Its a bit like Diaby since Cesc got injured. I'd have to agree with Ant, he's one of those United players who plug gaps while the talented players win games, like O'Shea, Brown, Fletcher, etc

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Park is a technically competent player with great workrate. Not sure I'd ever have him as the creative outlet in a team though. He's a bit like Valencia in that aspect - they both appear more creative than they are because they play in a team that relies heavy on ball-carriers. I think Eboue would have been potentially fantastic in United's midfield for the same reason.

Lord Dula

Established Member
United just get the ball in the danger areas as often and as quickly as they can so Rooney and runners like scholes can benefit. Simple but effective

Timleaf

Established Member
Park is a great squad player, but no way is he a week-in week-out option for a top club. If you give him a specific job to do he's good, but there's not a creative bone in his body.

Floating

Established Member
I'm completely torn as to whether or not we need another CM. Denilson and Diaby have shown both quality and inconsistency throughout the season, and ol' Aaron Ramsey should be back in the winter. Nasri can do a great job next to Cesc with Song behind. Plus, we might be switching back to 4-4-2.

A new GK is a must: Sebastian Frey / Manuel Neuer
A new CB is a must: Gary Cahill / Ezequiel Garay
A new Chamakh is a certainty! :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom