• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
:lol:

I'd love Forlan here. Watching him last night, I dunno if anyone has been more impressive than him at the WC. Top, top player.

arsenallegends

Established Member
David Villa for any price in 2007 before the Euros. He wanted to come but Wenger was satisfied with Adebayor. ffs RvP + Villa would have been so deadly!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Would have been great to buy him from Zaragoza. We missed that boat

qs

Established Member
KY said:
wouldn't mind if Wenger were to go for given actually...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1293702/Shay-Given-cold-shoulder-Joe-Harts-promotion-new-deal-Stuart-Taylor-Manchester-City-future-doubt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd love that. He'd be a great influence on our defence too.

qs

Established Member
Not so much a wish as a practical option but I hear Liverpool are talking to Paul Scharner who's on a free. He's no great shakes but on a free he wouldn't be a terrible option for 4th choice. Certainly better than Silvestre.

Captain

Established Member
of course there is.

Reina has never suggested that he wants to go elsewhere and Liverpool will certainly have no interest in selling him.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hmmm, I guess the nuance was missed anyway - 'we should make a play for Reina' isn't quite the same as 'we should have already signed Reina'.

Liverpool have big financial obligations, and no CL football next year. The focus is on Gerrard and Torres, obviously, but if we have cash to spend, we should be 'making a play' for Reina.

asajoseph

Established Member
Actually, think you're right about that.

Nevertheless, I'd hope we've at least tested the water, before mucking about with dregs like Schwarzer.

Floating

Established Member
Yeah, I agree. Frey certainly seems to be a big step up over Schwarzer, and is much more ambitious. I'd be quite happy with him.

Perhaps the deal for Frey is like the deal for Koscielny, in that his club wanted to sign a replacement (Boruc) before the deal is officially announced. :D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom