• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rohit

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
right now, everyone knows we're not serious about contending for silverware and are more concerned about turning a nice profit.

look at milan, unquestionably one of the giants of europe and they've just had a bunch of crap seasons, but it wasn't for lack of trying, and so they just signed robinho and ibrahimovic in the same window. our problem is we don't even really try to win.

Common man, seriously!

mo50

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Neuer
Rodwell

I think Rodwell's going to be a Fergie signing. In fact, both may be heading to OT soon.

Ferguson hasn't spent big since he signed Berbatov, I think he'll splash the cash next summer with most of his old players on the verge of retirement. I hope their debt restricts him from doing so though.

Rohit

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
seriously what?

What you said is too harsh. You were someone who thought we had a good shot at the title at the start of the 08/09 season even though if was obvious we were going ahead with Denilson as first choice next to Cesc.

I know it is easy to get disenchanted with what we have been served the past two seasons where only a few supplements in needed areas would have made us much better and given us a realistic shot at the title right till May.

That said, not buying is not equal to not trying Kami. In my opinion the AC Milan example is poor too, it has been obvious they have players had who are over the hill now that need replacing with some serious quality which they have only done now. Ibrahimovic is there on loan and Robinho was too good at deal which they fortunate to get.

Tottenham have tried for ages then and so have so many other clubs. Wenger has misplaced faith in certain players, or undue optimism that they will come good at their age in this league and has thrown them in the deep end too soon, but it isn't as if he isn't trying.

As for the profit bit, again, you are far too coarse in my opinion.

kamikaze80

Established Member
we can agree to disagree. you're absolutely right that i thought we could win the league before the 08/09 season. i've learned since then not to blindly trust wenger's judgment, as i did then with denilson (not) replacing flamini.

my own eyes work just as well as wenger's, and while i might not be one of the greatest managers in premiership history, i'm not a ***** and wenger's not infallible. my opinions (and lets be honest, i'm not an outlier) are based on fact and personal observation instead of faith and mindless pro-arsenal bias, and they usually end up being vindicated, to my chagrin.

qs

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
my own eyes work just as well as wenger's

239841365_464ab5a20e.jpg

Shredder

How about that Luis Suarez?

He's on a Van Nistelrooy-esque rampage in the Eredivisie. 41 goals in his last 36 league games and 58 in 56 overall. Someone's getting a beast in that guy.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Shredder said:

He's on a Van Nistelrooy-esque rampage in the Eredivisie. 41 goals in his last 36 league games and 58 in 56 overall. Someone's getting a beast in that guy.
I genuinely think I might shoot myself in the face if we signed Suarez.

The guy is the devil incarnate.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Shredder said:

I genuinely think I might shoot myself in the face if we signed Suarez.

The guy is the devil incarnate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ron and Suarez hatred.

But to be very fair, he's been doing fantastically well. I'd admit to not rating him much despite the stats last season, but having seen a bit of him post WC, I feel that he's the perfect player for a wing-forward position.

Especially if Cesc leaves, I don't think we can get a direct replacement of similar caliber, having someone who can score tonnes of goals from wide area would be very very useful.

That said, I don't see us buying him in any case. I'd be surprised if he doesn't move to Madrid/Chelsea/City for big money in a year's time.

Rorz

Established Member
Marin certainly looked impressive tonight, I'll be keeping an eye on him in the rest of Werder's CL games. Was a real handful for Sp**s, and scored a lovely goal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Banega is quality, I remember being linked to him last year when things weren't as rosy for him at Valencia. His stock has gone through the roof now though.

Top Bottom