• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Flow

Pato, rumours are Milan is selling him for 25 million euros. Time to smash our record, Arsène!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Flow said:
Pato, rumours are Milan is selling him for 25 million euros. Time to smash our record, Arsène!

I'd almost be as happy as Monday night if this happened. Sell Arshavin and Chamakh for 15m+ Keep Henry and buy Pato. Simples!

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
Flow said:

I'd almost be as happy as Monday night if this happened. Sell Arshavin and Chamakh for 15m+ Keep Henry and buy Pato. Simples!
It would probably be as simple to sell Arshavin and Chamakh for 150m+ They're practically worthless.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Updated wish list

Almunia out, any other goalkeeper in
Squillaci out, Aly Cissokho in#
Arshavin out, Pato in*
Diaby out, Stéphane Sessègnon

# We'll get almost nothing for Squillaci, Cissokho will cost £8M
* I figure we can get £8-10M from Zenit for Arshavin. I figure Pato will cost £25M.
** We can probably get £2M for Diaby, I figure Sessègnon will cost £12M.

That means we'd have to spend like £35M in January.

Let's do it!

TheJoyofCesc

Wenger to actually show some ambition to challenge for the title when we have put ourselves back into a good place, rather than talk about 4th, especially when anyone can see that the Spuds will invest to give themselves the best chance possible while we will rely (again) on players coming back from injury (who probably then won't) and short term loans despite the glaringly obvious need for a CF and LB.
Both Manchester teams look there for the taking.

In:
A LB who can string together more than 6 games in a row
A CF who can hit double figures for a season

Out:
Almunia
Arshavin
Chamach

I haven't set my sights too high to save the obvious disappointment.

truth_hurts

TheJoyofCesc said:
Wenger to actually show some ambition to challenge for the title when we have put ourselves back into a good place, rather than talk about 4th, especially when anyone can see that the Spuds will invest to give themselves the best chance possible while we will rely (again) on players coming back from injury (who probably then won't) and short term loans despite the glaringly obvious need for a CF and LB.
Both Manchester teams look there for the taking.

In:
1. A LB who can string together more than 6 games in a row
2. A CF who can hit double figures for a season

Out:
Almunia
Arshavin
Chamach

I haven't set my sights too high to save the obvious disappointment.

1. Pedro Boeltho
2. Walcott+Afobe

Got to be cynical

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Kagawa is stalling on extending his contract which runs out 2013, we should be all over that, would fit our style of play perfectly. Dortmund might be willing to sell since they signed Reus for big money.

Floating

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:
Kagawa is stalling on extending his contract which runs out 2013, we should be all over that, would fit our style of play perfectly. Dortmund might be willing to sell since they signed Reus for big money.

Worth a shout! Quality player.

hesham

Established Member
Does he really play effectively anywere other than the CAM role? as that is probably the least attacking position we need to strengthen in

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Klopp used Kagawa on the wings as well, so he's quite a versatile player in regards to attacking positions.

Wouldn't mind him here to be honest, good player.
Before they signed Reus I'd have labeled this an absolute no-goer, but now it's different.

Dortmund will make a massive profit if they sell him anyway, because they bought him for less than half a million euro, a couple of years ago.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Yes, please. I'd take Kagawa over Goetze and stick him in the AM position. He's not that great a player that we would become vulnerable to over relying on him, but he still has the skills to be a seamless fit in our team. I also love his work rate, and would not be a significant drop off from Ramsey in that department.

fabo

6.51 / 10
2 facking attacking players.

One a technician, who can score/create 10/10 per season at least. The other a striker who can score 15-20 at least.

Gibbs out on a 2 year loan, Cissokho in.

truth_hurts

Don't see Kagawa as the super quality that we need to be honest. Just another good squad player.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
2 facking attacking players.

One a technician, who can score/create 10/10 per season at least. The other a striker who can score 15-20 at least.

Gibbs out on a 2 year loan, Cissokho in.

Yeah, I think we need 2 attackers for the front three, an attacking midfielder, and a thousand defenders.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Kagawa was brilliant last season, he struggled early on this season but he's been getting back to his best lately. He's a player Klopp trusts at CAM over Götze and he got a crazy work rate, runs more then anyone else in bundesliga (12.36km/90min). He won't attract the biggest clubs like Barca, Real or City yet so we got a good chance if he's looking to leave Dortmund.

His natural position is CAM but he could easily fill in on the wings as he does for Japan and occasionaly for Dormund.

TheJoyofCesc

I still think there is a deal to be done to get Tevez on loan with City paying half his wages.
The benefits far outweigh any cost to the club of funding what would be a 4 month loan and put him firmly in the window for City to sell in the summer.
No way we can afford to buy him but a loan would be a win, win for all concerned.
Plus he would be eligible for all competitions.

Top Bottom