• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bossa

Established Member
Keita
Sneijder
Sahin
Banega
Moutinho
Muniain
Gotze
Fellaini

Some midfielders that I rate and should be available. Pick two out of those and our midfield will have succes.

Wenger should trust me for months I've been calling the names of Mata and Parker to Arsenal and those guys were exactly what we needed. :wink:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bossa said:
Keita
Sneijder
Sahin
Banega
Moutinho
Muniain
Gotze
Fellaini

Some midfielders that I rate and should be available. Pick two out of those and our midfield will have succes.

Wenger should trust me for months I've been calling the names of Mata and Parker to Arsenal and those guys were exactly what we needed. :wink:

Midfield is our biggest problem.

eye4goal

Established Member
Yeah midfield is our problem. We didn't only miss out on Parker but players like Inler, Witsel, Vidal, N Sahin were also snapped up for reasonable fees. Lamela was bought by Roma for similar money to Alvarez and he is twice as good

truth_hurts

-------------------------Szczsney-------------------------
--Sagna--------Koscielny-------Mertesacker--------Santos--
---------------------Arteta-------------------------------
--------------------------------Song----------------------
----------------------Kaka/Gotze--------------------------
--Chamberlain-----------RVP-----------------------Hazard--

-------------------------Sorenson-------------------------
--Coquellin----Djourou---------Vermealen----------Gibbs---
---------------------Ramsey-----------------------------
--------------------------------Diaby---------------------
---------------------Wilshere-----------------------------
--Gervinho-------------Theo-----------------Ryo/Campbell--

In: Kaka - 20m 3 year contract, Hazard 30m, Sorensen 1m

Out: Squillaci 2m, Almunia 0, Rosicky 4m, Arshavin 8m, Denilson 3m, Vela 5m, Bendtner 8m, Chamakh 6m.

Tell me that team couldn't keep the ball and or have the ability to create chances...

dave_rwr

Established Member
With the news today that the past week might actually have lit a fire under the butts of our board and they might be considering spending real money, here's what I'd like to see next season as our starting 11:

-----------Szcz---------------

-Sagna--Kos---Vermaelen--Santos

-------Song---Wilshere---------

----------Gotze---------------

-Ox--------RVP-------Podolski-

A midfield that should finally be able to control a game and keep possession again and three forwards who want to get to the net.

Floating

Established Member
Dave, that lineup is quality. Gervinho, Theo, Arteta, Mertesacker would be great depth — but Gotze, Wilshere and Ox are all under 20.

hesham

Established Member
--Sagna----------Mertesacker-------Koscielny------Santos--
---------------------Song---------------------------------
---------------------------Wilshere-----------------------
---------------------Gotze--------------------------------
--Jovetic---------------RVP-----------------Chambo--------

-------------------------Schwarzer-------------------------
--Coqs----Djourou-----------Vermealen--------Gibbs---------
---------------------Diaby---------------------------------
--------------------------------Arteta--------------------
---------------------Ramsey-------------------------------
------Gervinho---------Campbell----------------Ryo----------

OUT: Almunia, Squillaci, Rosicky, Benayoun, Walcott, Arshavin, Chamakh, Vela, Bendtner, Denilson, Lansbury. (40m)

Promote: Campbell, Ryo

IN: Goetze (30m), Jovetic(20m), Schwarzer

NET (10m)

Goetze can play as AM or Winger, Jovetic can play as AM or striker.

Bossa

Established Member
Szscesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos
Song Wilshere
AOC Sneijder Jovetic
Van Persie

Gervinho, Arteta, Ramsey, Mertesacker, Gervinho among the benchers.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Floating said:
Dave, that lineup is quality. Gervinho, Theo, Arteta, Mertesacker would be great depth — but Gotze, Wilshere and Ox are all under 20.

That's definitely one potential problem. Though by next season, Wilshere and Gotze will both be 20. I think it's usually great to mix a bit of youth in with experience though. I think youth players add some unique benefits to a squad and when combined with the experience throughout the rest of the team I think it could be great. If needed, we always have those players you listed on the bench for games that require more experience.

Then again, it's in the wish list for a reason...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
my wishlist go to playmaker now we really need a playmaker.

Ok lets be realstic gotze hazard we need forget about them cuz they will cost us alot, there a decent playmakers i will go for: Sahin, Kaka, Montolivo.

and we need a good backup striker: Oliver Giroud, Podolski.

Its will cost us 25-30m. well if we need be to back to the top 4 we need sign a decent/quality players.

And of course my 2nd wishlist sell the f**king crap in our club im talking about almunia denilson bendtner squillaci Etc... what the point to keep them here? just sell them next summer.

mo50

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

Out: Squillaci 2m, Almunia 0, Rosicky 4m, Arshavin 8m, Denilson 3m, Vela 5m, Bendtner 8m, Chamakh 6m.

Tell me that team couldn't keep the ball and or have the ability to create chances...

No Arshavin at AM. :shock:

Anzac

Established Member
In this current midfield system I want a mobile & quick B2B ball winner to replace Song.

Or change the pattern to play Song as DM with strict instructions to play the ball our of our defensive 3rd ASAP.

Glovegun

Established Member
Anzac said:
In this current midfield system I want a mobile & quick B2B ball winner to replace Song.

Or change the pattern to play Song as DM with strict instructions to play the ball our of our defensive 3rd ASAP.

I think Song has all the ingredients to be the best defensive mid around - but he needs more stick and less carrot. The next time he goes wandering he should be hit around the back of the head. He's got it all, but he needs more discipline, and that has to come from the manager. The flip side of Wenger's attempt to instill belief in his players and this whole total football philosophy is that the players fail to adhere to instructions.

As for Dempsey - big fan. He reminds me of Ljungberg in that he's willing to get hurt to get into goalscoring positions. Similar to Scholes about ten years ago, or perhaps Tim Cahill in his pomp. Top quality player, and I think he'd be a big success at Arsenal. The system we play is screaming out for a midfielder to get into the box, and although Ramsey makes those runs his finishing isn't good enough yet. Dempsey could be the man.

Floating

Established Member
Glovegun said:
As for Dempsey - big fan. He reminds me of Ljungberg in that he's willing to get hurt to get into goalscoring positions. Similar to Scholes about ten years ago, or perhaps Tim Cahill in his pomp.

:| Ljungberg, Cahill, and Scholes are vastly, vastly different players.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
From what I've seen of him, I really like Olivier Giroud from Montpellier in France. He's a big, strong CF and is currently the top scorer in Ligue 1 with 16 goals and 7 assists in 23 appearances. I believe we have been linked with him in the past.

I think he'd be a great replacement for Chamakh.

mistaT

Established Member
Floating said:
Glovegun said:
As for Dempsey - big fan. He reminds me of Ljungberg in that he's willing to get hurt to get into goalscoring positions. Similar to Scholes about ten years ago, or perhaps Tim Cahill in his pomp.

Vastly vastly different players can share comparable characteristics :|

truth_hurts

mo50 said:
truth_hurts said:

No Arshavin at AM. :shock:

You know i'm a huge Arshavin fan but he won't get a chance here so Mr. Ashavin will be showing his 2008 form at another club.

Glovegun

Established Member
mistaT said:
Floating said:
Glovegun said:

Vastly vastly different players can share comparable characteristics :|

Exactly. I am aware of that floating, but all three were fantastic at timing runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. Scholes was great working off knock-downs from a striker, Cahill was terrific in the air and Ljungberg's off the ball work was incredible. But the principle of a midfielder who has the knack of getting into goalscoring positions still stands.

Glovegun

Established Member
Also - it sounds like Malaga aren't doing too well. Any chance of Santi Cazorla coming here? He'd be that marquee signing I think we're all desperate for.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom