• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MDGoonah41

Established Member
one of

begovic
adler
casillas (preferred)

one of

vidal
gonalons
lars bender
luiz gustavo (preferred)

one of

sakho
hummels
rami
howedes (preferred)

one of

jovetic
aubameyang
benzema
gotze (preferred)

so there we go

casillas
luiz gustavo
howedes
gotze

that should cost us....85M?

Impact

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Too old. Get his younger and better partner Nacho Camacho.

There seems to be a lot of ageism amongst Arsenal fans - not to single you out Clrnc. Toulalan is 29, the same age as Arteta when we signed him and look at the success he has been. Camacho is a good player, but I wouldn't say he is better than Toulalan yet and there is no guarantee he will be. Toulalan is ahead of Camacho in many facets for example, positioning or ball retention under pressure. His experience will only be an additional bonus to the team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I thought Toulalan was already going to Atletico at the end of the season?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we signed some quality players before attempting to sign him then I think he would definitely come. He's not adored at Barcelona in the same way he was here and he clearly still loves the club after watching interviews where his friends say how all he talks about is Arsenal.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I reckon whichever DM we sign needs to be strong at long passing. Arteta's performance today showed we're pretty reliant on him to spread play and move the opposition around when the team are playing too slow. Looking at the stats of the number of long passes Arteta's made this season i think it's something we'd miss in our game if we pick the wrong DM.

Going purely off stats, Gonanlons seems well suited with both high short and long passing accuracy.

Giroud

Established Member
Yeah, Gonalons is good at playing through gaps moving the ball forward and spraying the ball wide. He would be more of an Arteta replacement rather than a B2B player although Arteta is probably more comfortable playing Ramsey's current role alongside someone like Gonalons. Pity he's lost a lot his engine and the little speed he had because Arteta would be ideal for that role.

Vela

Established Member
In

Goalkeeper - Víctor Valdés, Simon Mignolet or Asmir Begović
Centre-Back - Nicolas N'Koulou (Can't think of any?)
Midfielder - Lars Bender
Striker - Stevan Jovetić or Robert Lewandowski

Out
Squillaci, Arshavin, Mannone, Santos, Djourou, Chamakh, Park Chu-Young, Bendtner, Denilson etc

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Amazing people want Valdes, truly amazing. **** keeper.

Assuming Sagna is leaving, I would want:

-Corchia/Aurier
-Cavani/Jovetic/Falcao
-Isco/Gotze
-Camacho/Rode/Wanyama/Benders

Summer settled. Title winning side with just 4 signings.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Amazing people want Valdes, truly amazing. **** keeper.

Assuming Sagna is leaving, I would want:

-Corchia/Aurier
-Cavani/Jovetic/Falcao
-Isco/Gotze
-Camacho/Rode/Wanyama/Benders

Summer settled. Title winning side with just 4 signings.

You really think it's AMAZING that people want a guy who has won CL three times in addition to a dozen domestic titles!?

I can completely understand people who don't want Valdes 'cause he's quite small and doesn't have a ton of aerial presence, plus he's a bit of c**t. He is not a personal favorite of mine

However, it's nothing short of childish to say that a guy with his CV is completely s*it and that even considering him as an option would be preposterous. I also must point out the irony in bashing a guy like Valdes and then suggesting to replace Sagna by Corchia/Aurier who both have absolutely nothing to show for their ability (I know the potential is there but so what? Being good in football manager isn't exactly a strong CV for me)

Oh, and just to make it clear: Valdes wouldn't be my first (or even second) choice as our keeper either

Gervais

Established Member
Begovic - 10m
Howedes - 15m
Lars Bender - 12-15m
Isco - 25m
Jovetic - 20m

Total = 85m

- - - - - - - - - - Begovic
Sagna - Howedes - Kos - Monreal
- - - - - - Bender - - Wilshere
--Cazorla - - - - Isco - - - - Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - Jovetic

A one off summer of big investment, a squad that would have us challenging for the the title throughout the whole season at least.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Valdes has a reputation of being a '**** keeper' and I doubt most people will change their view of him unless he comes to our league were they'd actually be able to watch him regularly.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Here is a guy who is constantly protected by having the best team in the world to hog possession for him, almost have no attacks against him in majority of the matches throughout the season.

Here is also a guy who conceded absolutely ridiculous goals, conceded near post to RVP from almost the byline, conceded so many flaps and fumbles throughout the season. So what if his distribution is good? Thats not the priority here, its different in the premierleague. Its a no-brainer, can't believe people are arguing based on trophies and CV. Djimi Traore is the best LB in the world then.

Proof

Established Member
Valdes is not in even a top 10 goalkeeper. I don't want him nowhere near Arsenal. I think Szczesny is a good first-choice but I can understand if Wenger looks for a better back-up. If Valdes is willing to sit on the bench then I have no problem with his arrival.

evoh_1

Established Member
Valdes is utter dogshit, if he leaves barcelona it will be the worst move of his career and the best thing barca will have done in the transfer window for years.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Agree with the last three posts. If we're gonna sign Valdes we may aswell persist with the hot prospect that is Szczesny.

Also really irks me when people use a player's CV as justification for his ability. Ridiculous when you think about it.

Bossa

Established Member
--------------------Lewandowski--------------
------------Podolski---------------------
------Wilshere------------Cazorla------------
------------Ramsey----Fellaini-----------
Monreal--------Kos---Per---------Sagna--
--------------------Begovic---------------

Subs: Szczesny, TV, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain. Walcott, Giroud

The best way to accomodate Wilshere, Ramsey and Cazorla into the starting formation, is to switch back to 442. Play with two attacking midfielders behind the strikers. A little bit of how City play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom