<

Comments on Profile Post by MaraDon

1. celestis
    celestis
    I'd rather we save the African elephant from extinction , an event only 10 years away .
    Feb 12, 2016
    Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Gravitational waves travels through matter, so we can now observe things that doesn't emit light, like black holes. This means we can now measure distance between us and black holes.

We can now soon test empirically how cores of neutron stars behave. Nuclear physics and thermodynamics application of that could mean a lot to human race.

Feb 12, 2016
    Tir Na Nog and MaraDon like this.
  3. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    We can soon test Einstein general relativity theory. Testing gravity has always remain challenge for us because it is so weak force because of the need for negative mass isn't there to cancel out the positive mass like in electrons with positive and negative charges.

Finally we create a whole new technology to detect those waves
    Feb 12, 2016
    Tir Na Nog and MaraDon like this.
  4. jones
    jones
    daily life is a long ways from being affected by this. today's discovery proved einstein correct and is a huge help in understanding the universe itself, what comes of that can't be anticipated yet of course
    Feb 12, 2016
    MaraDon and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  5. jones
    jones
    but it's far more than pie in the sky stuff really, look up NASA spin off technologies to see how many inventions were made possible by the exploration of the night sky. as incredible as our planet is it's infinitely small compared to just our own galaxy, let alone the whole universe
    Feb 12, 2016
    MaraDon and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  6. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    thanks to everyone, i know that relativity helped a lot in the xx century and opened the door to game changing tecnology like microwaves etc. but i didnt knew how this discover could change our daily life, i guess no one knows yet.
    Feb 12, 2016
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  7. jones
    jones
    scientific achievements rarely bring immediate reward like that with them, the technology needed for actual use of waves is far away still. think of it as the foundation though on which a huge number of new discoveries and inventions can and will be made
    Feb 12, 2016
    MaraDon likes this.
  8. jones
    jones
    btw einstein predicted this, gravitational lenses and dozens of other things which couldn't be measured until recently when he was in his mid 20s in 1905. bit depressing tbh
    Feb 12, 2016
  9. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    They are already building the third detector in Europe. It will be used to measure the length between us and the black holes detected!
    Feb 12, 2016
  10. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Yeah, the mind of Einsteins has brought us so much already. Just look at things like x-ray photoelectron spectrometers and stuff like that.
    Feb 12, 2016

Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv

Do Not Sell My Personal Information