• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£40 million for the summer?

kel varnsen

Established Member
lee1001 said:
There is no guarantee that 30 million will go on players.

Im sure that 30 million would have been considered in their business plans and could very well be used on the stadium for all we know. Its not as if that 30 millon has come out of nowhere, the board knew it was due.

let's put it like this; wenger can afford whoever he wants. if the player is available, wenger will sign him. contrary to what many thought, we do have a lot of money available.

A

Anonymous

Ok, let's cut the bullshit. These overrated/overpriced/incompatible players will not be bought by Wenger: Rosicky, Torres, Ayala, Chivu. OK? Good.

Secondly, Wenger buys a CB only if Cygan leaves. And I highly doubt the replacement shall be Kompany.

My guess, he buys a goalkeeper, but the options of good keepers are dwindling, with Abbiati seemingly prefering bench warming Milan, Chelsea unwilling to sell Cudicini and Hilderbrand signing a new contract.

I do think Arsène will try buying SWP, but it won't be for more than he paid for Reyes; and if Edu leaves we might try again for Angulo or an experienced midfielder. And that should be it; don't expect more than 2 buys.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Kwame said:
Ok, let's cut the bullshit. These overrated/overpriced/incompatible players will not be bought by Wenger: Rosicky, Torres, Ayala, Chivu. OK? Good.

Secondly, Wenger buys a CB only if Cygan leaves. And I highly doubt the replacement shall be Kompany.

My guess, he buys a goalkeeper, but the options of good keepers are dwindling, with Abbiati seemingly prefering bench warming Milan, Chelsea unwilling to sell Cudicini and Hilderbrand signing a new contract.

I do think Arsène will try buying SWP, but it won't be for more than he paid for Reyes; and if Edu leaves we might try again for Angulo or an experienced midfielder. And that should be it; don't expect more than 2 buys.

rosicky overpriced or overrated? amazing footballer and there was talk about dortmund being willing to let him go for as little as 7-8 mill pounds last year...

angulo? he has already turned us down once. what makes you think he all of a sudden has changed his mind?

A

Anonymous

Rosicky is incompatible. Check out my list. There would be no place for him on our team, when you consider Reyes, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljunberg, RvP, Cesc. I also do not think that Dortmund will be selling their priced asset for 7-8 quid, especially when the vultures start circling.

Yes, Angulo. If Edu goes to Valencia, Angulo's already limited first team apperances will further decrease. He was tempted before and Arsène wanted him before, so he is still a possibility.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Kwame said:
Rosicky is incompatible. Check out my list. There would be no place for him on our team, when you consider Reyes, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljunberg, RvP, Cesc. I also do not think that Dortmund will be selling their priced asset for 7-8 quid, especially when the vultures start circling.

Yes, Angulo. If Edu goes to Valencia, Angulo's already limited first team apperances will further decrease. He was tempted before and Arsène wanted him before, so he is still a possibility.

well, i highly doubt angulo all of a sudden changes his mind. besides, i don't think he's good enough...

rosicky is top class and very versatile. if edu leaves, he could be a replacement.

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:
Kwame said:

well, i highly doubt angulo all of a sudden changes his mind. besides, i don't think he's good enough...

rosicky is top class and very versatile. if edu leaves, he could be a replacement.
I think Angulo is good enough, and apparently so did Arsène. The player was at first interested in us to go thorugh with talks all the way to the end, when an unwillingless to change cultures made him stay at Valencia. Edu means less games for Angulo-- this will make him question his want to stay at Valencia.

No, Rosicky cannot be a replacement for Edu because Wenger's preferred midfield pairing is Gilberto and Vieira. Rosicky will not be willing to stay on the bench or accept the role Edu played.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Kwame said:
kel varnsen said:
Kwame said:

I think Angulo is good enough, and apparently so did Arsène. The player was at first interested in us to go thorugh with talks all the way to the end, when an unwillingless to change cultures made him stay at Valencia. Edu means less games for Angulo-- this will make him question his want to stay at Valencia.

No, Rosicky cannot be a replacement for Edu because Wenger's preferred midfield pairing is Gilberto and Vieira. Rosicky will not be willing to stay on the bench or accept the role Edu played.

you talk as if edu has already signed for valencia. besides, i don't think edu means less games for angulo. edu is a central midfielder, while angulo is a right side midfielder. i don't see how bringing in edu will make angulo change his mind. optimistic at best..

rosicky can be a "replacement". he is versatile. he can play up front, central midfield and even in a pires type left winger position. btw, he is on the bench today. so i highly doubt he'll cost us that much...

brianfrance

Established Member
Kwame said:
kel varnsen said:
Kwame said:

Certainly true, Rosicky wouldn't accept Edu' role and even if the guy is class, it's not sure he'll be as good as Edu. Rosicky is a midfielder/playmaker very offensive.
He would be an excellent bench player IMO

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:
Kwame said:
kel varnsen said:
Kwame said:

you talk as if edu has already signed for valencia. besides, i don't think edu means less games for angulo. edu is a central midfielder, while angulo is a right side midfielder. i don't see how bringing in edu will make angulo change his mind. optimistic at best..

rosicky can be a "replacement". he is versatile. he can play up front, central midfield and even in a pires type left winger position. btw, he is on the bench today. so i highly doubt he'll cost us that much...
Actually Edu going means less games for Angulo if Ranieiri starts Edu in the middle. It is apparent Ranieiri likes Sissoko, so this means Ruffete, Vincente, Fiore, Barraja, Abelda, and Angulo have to battle for 3/2 positions. NO.

Again, Rosicky will not want to sit on the bench. He is the Czech's mots important player and a very good player indeed; he will not sit on the bench at Arsenal. The move won't happen.

kel varnsen

Established Member
actually, nedved is the most important player...

edu will compete for place in the central midfield, together with sissoko, albelda, baraja and a few others. angulo is a right sided midfielder and competes with rufete, fiore and a few others. still, if you think angulo will change his mind because of edu, then wel'll just have to disagree. this is just too absurd to even consider to me...

rosicky won't be on the bench every game; just as edu, pires, reyes, bergkamp and ljungberg won't be on the bench every game. it's called rotation and besides, players get injured.

the move will probably not happen, but saying it won't, like you know what wenger will do, is just plain laughable.

A

Anonymous

nedved has retired from international football.

it won't happen is just a logical step.

blatantly saying signing a player we almost got last summer is defintely not going to happen is what is 'plain laughable'. Anyway, I don't think you foollow Valencia at all, so **** that that debate.

kel varnsen

Established Member
1.can you read?
2.i said signing angulo is highly unlikely, seing as he already turned us down once.
3.i said it was absurd, imo, that angulo would all of a sudden change his just becuase of edu.
4.you said we won't sign rosicky, period.

see the difference...? probably not, but run along now. i've wasted enough time on you...

btw, you fekkin' liar.

Kwame said:
blatantly saying signing a player we almost got last summer is defintely not going to happen is what is 'plain laughable'.

when did i say this?

J_Reyes

GK and CB are priority i hope we
Get frey from parma (Gk)
And chivu form roma (Cb)
Plus CM (if edu left and propoly he will it will be a really big lost his great player and I would love to see him stay at the club)
I think we should pay a striker spicily if bergkamp retired toress is just a fantasy so get down to earth I don’t think we will get him may be we should try to sign montella his great finisher with great skills, , and he is the leading scorer until now in seria a (he will cost a lot Though )

Lord Dula

Established Member
I'd like to see us go for Maniche - might be a bit cheaper a year on from Euro 2004.

Other players who I'd like to see us go for are Maxwell, Mancini, Serginho, van Bommel, Abbiati, Vicente, Wagner Love, SWP, Joaquin (never gonna happen tho), Tudor, van Hooijdonk, Ramos, and Lovejoy.

If anyone of them lot signed, it'd bring a wee smile to me face - bit like this :eek:

KingReyes

Established Member
I really doubt Wenger needs as much as 40 million to get what he wants, experience is the key. A top keeper should be priority along with an experienced midfielder, defender, and striker in that order. Not all of those are necessary but a keeper is a definate yes.

SoUL

yeah i agree top quality keeper and maybe a CM if Edu leaves

Massimo Oddo is pretty good and we have been linked with him quite a bit and i dont think his fee would be unreasonable but im not sure we would need him. Does he play RB and CB or just RB?

joe3428

we need a real Central Forward. not a second striker. player like vieri or treze (Juve)
and I like the idea of buying SWP, but where are we going to put Ljungberg?

We def. need GK, Abbiati will be a good choice. then get rid Lehmann for good.

Btw, what happen to Richard Wright? haven't seen him since he joins Everton????

joe3428

SoUL said:
yeah i agree top quality keeper and maybe a CM if Edu leaves

Massimo Oddo is pretty good and we have been linked with him quite a bit and i dont think his fee would be unreasonable but im not sure we would need him. Does he play RB and CB or just RB?

I guess RB only - can't remember ever seen him in CB position

Top Bottom