• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£4mill for Henry

kel varnsen

Established Member
just so you all know what the stakes really are. a bit of salt in our wounds. like i've been saying for a long time:

Henry, who has 18 months left on his current contract, would cost substantially less now and if a new FIFA ruling is ratified allowing players to buy themselves out of the last 12 months of their deal, the fee could be as little as £4m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... urce=&ct=5

EDIT:
see now that this article is a bit inaccurate. the ruling is ratified and in effect.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If.

And I remain convinced Henry has enough respect for Wenger not to f'ck him over like that. And he would be f'cking him over, and us.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Yea Wenger made him the striker he is today. But you have to respect Henry's decision if he wants to move on. If he does hopefully he wont buy out his contract and play until it is up.

And the fact that Ronaldihno says he wouldnt mind Henry and admires his skill is not good news for us gunners. :cry:

kel varnsen

Established Member
more accurate:
http://www.europa-kommissionen.dk/eu-po ... egler.pdf/

Unilateral breach without just cause or sporting just cause after the first 3 years or 2 years will not result in the application of sanctions, with the exception of possible sports sanctions against a club and/or a players’ agent inducing a breach of contract. Compensation shall be payable.

and

Unless provided for in the contract, and without prejudice to paragraph 6, compensation for breach of contract (whether by the player or the club) shall be calculated with due respect to applicable national law, the specificity of sport, and all objective criteria which may be relevant to the case, such as:
(1) Remuneration and other benefits under the existing contract and/or the
new contract,
(2) Length of time remaining on the existing contract (up to a maximum of
5 years),
(3) Amount of any fee or expense paid by or incurred by the old club,
amortised over the length of the contract.
(4) Whether the breach occurs during the “protected period”, as defined in
3.1.a., or in the period described in 3.1.b.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Oh, if Henry leaves, I've already said he'll go with my good wishes. But I don't believe he wants to leave that much that he'd buy his contract out thereby leaving Arsenal taking it up the garry.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Oh, if Henry leaves, I've already said he'll go with my good wishes. But I don't believe he wants to leave that much that he'd buy his contract out thereby leaving Arsenal taking it up the garry.

then he doesn't want to leave. simple as that imo. if he decides to leave, but we won't let him. i think he'll terminate his contract...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Not neccessarily.

Thierry knows what he's worth to us, he knows his market value. I honestly don't believe he would put us in the ludicrous position of only receiving £4m for his services. That doesn't mean, however, that he doesn't want to leave.

dev_atdi

If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us? It just wouldn't look good whatsoever.

We're pretty much in the **** if he goes, you know.

Asterix

Established Member
dev_atdi said:
If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us?

Because we're still a big club with a highly successful manager; because we're moving to a new state of the art stadium; because we have some of the most exciting young players in the country; because we have tradition and style; because someone moving to Arsenal will know they stand a better than average chance of winning things.

One club slump does not a death knell sound.

Feanor

Established Member
Asterix said:
dev_atdi said:
If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us?

Because we're still a big club with a highly successful manager; because we're moving to a new state of the art stadium; because we have some of the most exciting young players in the country; because we have tradition and style; because someone moving to Arsenal will know they stand a better than average chance of winning things.

One club slump does not a death knell sound.

Well said. Where was Henry's carreer before he moved here? Who was Vieira before he moved here? Some people...

daniel

Henry's going would be a big loss for us... I would be devastated. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think other players wouldn't decide not to come to Arsenal because Henry is hot here! I would love him to stay, and I would love to see someone else sighn for us, some good player. But if he want's to go, let him go! That is not going to decrease our chances of getting good players! I don't belive it will.

Tegh

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:

Likewise, and I sincerely hope he wouldn't do that to us, can't see it happening myself.

gunner_down_under

nah, like someone else said, he's got way too much respect for Wenger, the club and the fans to **** us over like that......I still think he'll sign an extension!

daniel

gunner_down_under said:
nah, like someone else said, he's got way too much respect for Wenger, the club and the fans to f**k us over like that......I still think he'll sign an extension!
I'm pretty sure of that as well.

jaguars4ever

I don't believe TH14 will leave this summer, but in the unlikely event he does, it's still not the end of the world. We did do The Double in 97/98 without Henry!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
GuNNerZ4LiFe said:
Yea Wenger made him the striker he is today. But you have to respect Henry's decision if he wants to move on. If he does hopefully he wont buy out his contract and play until it is up.

And the fact that Ronaldihno says he wouldnt mind Henry and admires his skill is not good news for us gunners. :cry:

If Hnery would to leave it would be in the summer, If he stays it would be because Wenger opens the treasure chest and sign a few quality player. I don't see him playing the remender of his contract and then leave, by then he would be older and maybe not as attractive. Tog get him now aty his peak is whats intressest Barca and others

Top Bottom