• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

“We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals" - Wenger

pikey2000

We need to employ Henry and have him work solely with Welbeck to make him more decisive, aggressive and greedy to some extent, definitely has the tools to be a 20+ striker / wide man

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Welbeck frustrates the life out of me, his natural attributes (speed, close control, balance, stamina) all top notch. But his decision making and predatory instinct is severely lacking. If Wenger can turn Welbeck into a goalscorer that'll be one of his greatest accomplishments IMO.

That said, he turned shot-shy Cesc into a CAM who was capable of double figures, so maybe it's not that much of a stretch.

Yes I mean Adebeyor had never been prolific until he was here for a few years but Welbeck is already the age was when he'd had his 30 goal season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We have scored 62 PL goals so far this season, only 1 behind Chelsea & City, as far as scoring goes we are doing our best for some time, this time last year we were way down on those teams. Sharing the goals around is always the best solution. A top scorer 20 to 30 per season and several others reaching double figures, thats what we need. This season we only have Giroud and Alexis reaching double figures yet as I said, we are only 1 short of Chelsea & City. We are not doing a lot wrong, just add Reus and get Welbeck, Ramsey, Ox, Özil, Cazorla to up their scoring.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The problem is we are saying the same thing Man U fans were saying about Welbeck for years now. Lets hope we won't still be saying the same thing about him next year.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think it is obvious that Wenger is asking for other players to step up a level and become better goal scorers.

Ramsey definitely has more goals in him. Wilshere needs to be a better goalscorer. Welbeck knows that he has to improve this aspect of his game. Ox needs to improve in this area, too. Cazorla too can improve his scoring.

Özil has definitely become a better scorer in his second season, but I doubt that he will become the next player to score 10-15 goals a season. Yet I would love it if he did.

We have more goals in this team, and Wenger knows it. Despite playing well right now, he knows we can get better.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
“We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals" - Wenger

tumblr_n7qrwegmo91rjekizo1_500.jpg

End of discussion.

burnsjed

Established Member
and he was crap!
Most under whelming signing I can remember, and trust me, I can remember quite a few!
Fox in the box?
More like crap in the bowl!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A quick check on Wikipedia would contradict this statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Arsenal_F.C._season#Player_statistics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Arsenal_F.C._season

I do not really see much difference. A similar range of goal scorers in both seasons. Most seasons there was always one leading goal scorer, one deputy with a solid 10+ and then a selection of players who chipped in a few goals (1-10).

The exception is probably 2009/10 squad which was quite frankly a bit poor that year.

I always thought Ljungberg hits double digit goals with us almost every season, I guess it was nostalgia talking...

I guess this squad has much even goal threat then

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I think about the phrase the more I am convinced Wenger is motivating Ramsey.

What our team lacked for years is someone who can pose danger from outside the box ala Lampard, we all know this is Ramsey's good point, positioning and long range shooting.

Anzac

Established Member
The more I think about the phrase the more I am convinced Wenger is motivating Ramsey.

What our team lacked for years is someone who can pose danger from outside the box ala Lampard, we all know this is Ramsey's good point, positioning and long range shooting.

TBH I'd rather see Rambo as DLP & have someone like Kondogbia as B2B. Alternatively sign someone like Aranguiz who can shoot from distance.

utkarsh_311

I think we will see a forward if Walcott is sold, he did the same with Podolski trying to get him to work harder if he doesnt buckle up then will become surplus, we were in for Kondogbia before he went to Monaco so i wouldnt be surprised if we get him

Latest posts+

Top Bottom