• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2019-20 Formation

Which formation do you want us to play?

Votes: 23 34.3%

Votes: 45 67.2%

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 41212 (Diamond)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 4312 (No wingers)

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How do you want us to Line Up and why?

Strongest XI when everyone is fit?

Differential selection and/or formation at home vs away, or vs bigger teams?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

4-3-3 with Laca as a false 9 is by far the best to go with now. Pepe is our only actually winger good enough for this level so Auba will have to play the other side, while Laca playing as a false 9 (regardless if he's asked to or not) makes a number 10 redundant.

Iceman10

Established Member
What a strange situation we are in with Özil. A lot at A-M have obviously moved on from him, and I don't blame them, but while he is still at the club, with a front line of Auba/Laca/Pepe possible for many matches, I still go with giving a chance for Özil to get a boost and show his worth with killer assists at CAM.

I did say earlier on in the summer it was up to the boss to be decisive. Either push Özil out or commit to him. Half-way as with last season is not great because a high profile player not playing regularly has potential impacts on the dressing room, even indirectly (media speculation, trolling, etc.).

4-3-3 (my vote).

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Leno
Bellerin, Sok, Luiz, Kola
Ceballos, torreira, Xhaka
Pepe Laca. Auba

IF Tierney, Willock, Holding or whomever usurps anyone legit then so be it

3men CM is key thou. I made My peace with sacrificing Özil... :(

Better protection in the centre
Cms/CBS wont be as exposed

More liberty for the cms because there is more cover and they can focus on their strengths.

Wbs are free to push up and provide width and options

Wingers to and boy so we got some threats!

We dont have to shift formation defensivly as much either.

And it is easier to blood Youngsteers

We got Good CM cover and Good enough Wing cover even without counting Özil/mkitharyan ehom I think are done.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What a strange situation we are in with Özil. A lot at A-M have obviously moved on from him, and I don't blame them, but while he is still at the club, with a front line of Auba/Laca/Pepe possible for many matches, I still go with giving a chance for Özil to get a boost and show his worth with killer assists at CAM.

I did say earlier on in the summer it was up to the boss to be decisive. Either push Özil out or commit to him. Half-way as with last season is not great because a high profile player not playing regularly has potential impacts on the dressing room, even indirectly (media speculation, trolling, etc.).

4-3-3 (my vote).

I am a staunch Xhaka fan
I like Torreira. And can probably learn to Love ceballos ( only for him to break My heart and go back to Real)
I see the talent in guendozi and Willock (and ESR)

But none of them are ideal for cms in s 4231 imo

You need size, mobility, and sound workable Good simple tech

Our cms fall short on atleast One aspect each

Think there will be lot of 5-3-2 or 3-4-3 system because simple, Emery can't help him self...

Want to see 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 most of the time. Hopefully Ljungberg will make sure we see it most of the time!

goonerfamily

4-3-3 with a flat midfield three, similar to Liverpool last season. Lacazette coming deep to pull defenders out of position with Pepe and Aubameyang coming inside to occupy those spaces. High full-backs to maintain width.

With everyone fit: Leno; Bellerin Holding Sokratis Tierney; Ceballos Torreira Xhaka; Pepe Laca Auba

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
------------------- Lacazette----------------
---PEA------------------Özil----------Pepe--
-------------Ceballos--------Torreira-------
Kola----Holding---Sokratis-----Tierney
------------------------Leno--------------------

Tierney has played RB for Scotland to accomodate Robertson at RB so we should utlise him to solve our weak link position of RB.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tiernwy has played RB for Scotland to accomodate Tobertson at RB so we should utlise him to solve our weak link position of RB.
You’ve outdone yourself. :lol:

Kingofthebongo

4-3-3 with inverted forwards, false 9 Laca in most games.
--------Auba----------------Pepe----------
------------------Laca-------------------
--------Ceballos-------Willock---------
------------------Torreira----------------
Tierney---Holding---Sokratis-----Bellerin
------------------Leno---------------------

Change to this for home games against bottom tier teams
--Auba-----Laca-------Pepe
-------------Özil--------------
---Ceballos-------_Xhaka---

3-5-2 Away to very tough opponents:

----------------Auba--------------Pepe------------------
------------------------Ceballos------------------------
Tierney----Willock-------------Torreira----Bellerin--
----------Holding-----Luiz------Sokratis---------

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Leno​
Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Xhaka​
Torreira Ceballos
Pepe Auba Özil
For now. Hopefully Ceballos and Luiz take over Xhaka’s distribution duties effectively as we need to ditch him ASAP. Then we stick Doozy or Willock in there.

I know Özil must raise a lot of eyebrows but I’d at least give him the chance to work with the likes of Ceballos and Pepe. He’s got the ability where if it works it could really work. He also balances out the attack quite nicely.

If he doesn’t impress then we stick Laca in.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Tiernwy has played RB for Scotland to accomodate Tobertson at RB so we should utlise him to solve our weak link position of RB.
:lol::lol::lol: Your hate for Bellerin really makes me laugh sometimes

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
————————-Leno————————
-Bellerin—Sokratis—Holding—-KT—
——Torreira——Ceballos——-Xhaka—
——Pepe——Lacazette—Aubameyang-

Subs: Luiz, Kolasinac, Douzi, Willock, Özil, Nelson

-Luiz fighting with Sokratis for a starting spot
-Xhaka may eventually be replaced by Willock
-Nelson can be the new impact sub off the bench
-Bring on/ start Özil vs weak sides at home

433 provides the best of both worlds. We get to field a front three, but we also get protection from our midfield for our average defence. Torreira and Xhaka sitting back allows our full backs to push forward.
It’s like a cross between 4231 and the 41212 diamond emery played last season. 3 Attackers + solidity.

In rotation we can play one of Laca or Auba up top, bringing Nelson into LW. I would like us to limit Mkhy’s minutes and give him a shot at the most advanced CM role in rotation.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
:lol::lol::lol: Your hate for Bellerin really makes me laugh sometimes

It's not a hatered, his performances just haven't been good since his first break out good season.

Our opposition main tactic in the majority of matches is to attack that flank and look to exploit the space left behind him.

Bellerin let himself get grossly out of shape last summer, which is extremely unprofessional for an professional athlete to do. Took two months into the season to shift the timber and appears to have lost his only remaining positive attribute in his pace.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not too bothered about the starting formation. Pretty sure we'll see 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-3 at different times. I think we may build up towards playing all three of those in different stages of play eventually. The important component will be the movement as a collective and as individuals. If we click on that front we're golden for the season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Where is 4141, because it morphs into 433, 4231, 4213

The key in midfield is the work to be done by Özil and Ceballos, how they work with each other and how Emery has them pressing in tandem and marshaling the middle.

We are going to rely heavily on Tierney and Bellerin this year and with their poor injury records we will need their back ups to really step up to the plate this year. Monreal and AMN need to play a role this season.

Defensively, Holding needs to emerge as our first CB and hopefully Sokratis calms down. Both need to stay fit as well.

This is what I envision as our best XI for the season.

Leno
Bellerin Holding Sokratis/Luiz Tierney
Ceballos Torreira
Özil
Pepe Lacazette Aubameyang

Second string

Martinez
AMN Chambers Luiz/Sokratis Monreal
Xhaka Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan
Nelson Lacazette Martinelli

Away matches, as my man @mavelous mentions, the 442 diamond is the way to go. I see Mkhitaryan playing the high pressing, quick turnover role (Ramsey role) at the top of the diamond, with Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira making up the rest of the diamond.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis/Luiz Holding Tierney
Torreira
Ceballos Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan
Pepe Aubameyang

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I am a staunch Xhaka fan
I like Torreira. And can probably learn to Love ceballos ( only for him to break My heart and go back to Real)
I see the talent in guendozi and Willock (and ESR)

But none of them are ideal for cms in s 4231 imo

You need size, mobility, and sound workable Good simple tech

Our cms fall short on atleast One aspect each
Why are you a Xhaka fan?

Latest posts

Top Bottom