• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

22/23 Arsenal top 5 players

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
In people opinions, who were our top 5 best performing players this season?

For me it was:

1. Ødegaard - Joint leading scorer. Creative player who was a joy to watch at times. Unbelievable workrate and engine. Our most important player as he leads and dictates our pressing.

2. Saka - Exceptional season and has gone up another level. 14 goals and 11 assists in the league is brilliant. Saka' form dropped off the end of season as he shattered with amount of playing time he had this season.

3. Martinelli - Joint top scorer with 15 goals. Like Saka, Martinelli went up another level this season and both are two of the elite wingers in the league.

4. White - Last year at CB, I thought White was poor and error prone. I've always said White would make a better RB or DCM than a CB, and I'm glad to be proven right by White this season. White for me was the best performing RB in the league this season and certainly our most consistent player this season.

5. Ramsdale - some absolute world class saves made this season. Ramsdale performance against Pool was one of greatest Gk peformances ever seen.

Honorable mentions to Gabriel and Xhaka who just missed out, also had very good seasons.

say yes

forum master baiter
1-2. Saka / Ødegaard
3. Xhaka
4. Gabriel
5. Zinchenko (even though he tailed off towards the end)

Honourable mentions to Saliba, Martinelli and White.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
1-2. Saka / Ødegaard
3. Xhaka
4. Gabriel
5. Zinchenko (even though he tailed off towards the end)

Honourable mentions to Saliba, Martinelli and White.

Can’t do it. Testament to how good a season it was, you just cannot narrow it down to 5 without criminally underrating someone.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Tried and struggled. Ramsdale, White, Zinchenko and Jesus out of the starting 11 wouldn’t make my top 5 though.

Saliba, Gabriel, Partey, Xhaka, Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka in no order.

I couldn’t chop any in this group and outside of Saka and Ødegaard being 1 and 2 I couldn’t make a 5.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ødegaard, martinelli, Saka, saliba, white

No particular order except Ødegaard at 1

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really hard to narrow it to only 5. Any order of Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli, Saliba, Gabriel, White and Xhaka. That's 7, don't know who I'd leave off that.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard is number one without question imo.

Behind him it’s harder to rank but would name Saka, Partey, Gabriel for sure. The last one would probably be one of Saliba, Jesus and Martinelli without putting too much thought into it

NB. Counting Xhaka as gone and won’t rank any of the new players before at least half a season has gone by

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Players based on 22/23. Its difficult to narrow it down to 5, because of how important they all are in putting together to quality performance.

1. Ødegaard
2. Saliba
3. Saka
4. TP5
5. Zinchenko and Xhaka (tied)

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard is number one without question imo.

Behind him it’s harder to rank but would name Saka, Partey, Gabriel for sure. The last one would probably be one of Saliba, Jesus and Martinelli without putting too much thought into it

NB. Counting Xhaka as gone and won’t rank any of the new players before at least half a season has gone by
Just saw it was 22/23 :facepalm:

Then Xhaka for the fifth spot

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In people opinions, who were our top 5 best performing players this season?

For me it was:

1. Ødegaard - Joint leading scorer. Creative player who was a joy to watch at times. Unbelievable workrate and engine. Our most important player as he leads and dictates our pressing.

2. Saka - Exceptional season and has gone up another level. 14 goals and 11 assists in the league is brilliant. Saka' form dropped off the end of season as he shattered with amount of playing time he had this season.

3. Martinelli - Joint top scorer with 15 goals. Like Saka, Martinelli went up another level this season and both are two of the elite wingers in the league.

4. White - Last year at CB, I thought White was poor and error prone. I've always said White would make a better RB or DCM than a CB, and I'm glad to be proven right by White this season. White for me was the best performing RB in the league this season and certainly our most consistent player this season.

5. Ramsdale - some absolute world class saves made this season. Ramsdale performance against Pool was one of greatest Gk peformances ever seen.

Honorable mentions to Gabriel and Xhaka who just missed out, also had very good seasons.

I refuse to answer on the basis you've but Ramsdale in your top 5. You have ruined Declan Rice signing day for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1. Ødegaard... flashes of prime Cesc this season from Martin, great stuff.

2. Saka...the usual really from him now, best compliment you can give him.

3. Martinelli...always had the potential, putting it together now and with that Alexis-esque workrate meaning he will be a killer.

4. Xhaka...really went out on a high this season, good luck in Germany.

5. Saliba/Gabriel... can't split them as both have been brilliant and have everything you want in CBs, brick walls.

Honourable mentions to...

White... everyone is rightly excited about Timber but he has a hell of a fight to get ahead of Ben, White is like Lauren as in he is good at everything for a fullback and with a nasty personality about him too.

Jesus... brings the best out of our whole attack really, been such a key signing for us and unlucky with his injury.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
1. Ødegaard
2. Saka
3. Martinelli
4. Saliba
5. Gabriel

Players that just missed out on my list

Partey. For 80% of the season was probably our best player but had such a terrible end to the season that he doesn't deserve to be in the top 5

White. A great season for him. Think he surprised all of us with his consistency and quality. Has become a valuable member of our team.

Xhaka. Greatest redemption arc ever seen.
Way down on the list of our best performers for me but from where he was 2 years ago to his performances this season he deserves a lot of respect.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Good to see that everyone's putting Ødegaard at number one.

1. Ødegaard (Best player at the club & has legit claim to be the best midfielder in the league)
2. Saka/Martinelli (Rest of our star trio carried us in different patches whilst Jebum/Championship Eddie kept on missing sitters)
4. Gabriel(Saliba was superior but availability is the biggest ability & all)
5. TP5 (Hard call really as he really fell off during the last stretch but when he was terrific for a long stretch, still want him gone for obvious reasons)

Honorable mentions to White(Solid, dependable), Xhaka(Finally decided to have a decent season) & Ramsdale(Had wobbles but had some incredible moments as well)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
1. Saka
2. Ødegaard
3. Partey
4. Saliba
5. Xhaka/Martinelli

I think our midfield was a big part of why we were so successful last season, I'd put Gabriel Maga in there but I do remember iffy moments from him. Partey was pretty bad towards the end but he was one of the main reasons we were top for so long.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom