• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I thought it was about time to make a topic about it.

man_utd_logo.jpg
VS
arsenal-logo.jpg

How optimistic are we gooners? do we have a chance with our weakened squad? can our players do it over two legs? do we need to play two blinders of a game? specially at the back?

I have faith that we can do it, but on the other hand I am very negative about it what do you expect? I will sign for a 0-0 draw and beat them at home 2-1.

Formation well? we cant change something isnt it?.

Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Djourou
Gibbs
Walcott
Song
Fabregas
Diaby
Nasri
Adebayor

Diaby could play a very important role for me with his strenght, and with Adebayor up top they could give Man Utd trouble at the back?
Or should we choose for Nasri behind Ade?...

Jameel46

Established Member
a score draw would be good, even a goalless draw would be decent. Is djourou gonna be back for this game? because I don't think I can stand watching Silvestre trying to keep rooney quiet.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Not feeling confident without Andrey.

But if we get a draw out of this, I will be very happy

awooga83

Established Member
I don't really fancy us in this tie I think we aren't strong enough at the back and United will overun us, not to mention I think Fergie is better tactically then Wenger.

It is a game of football though so anything can happen I don't believe we can't get a result but I feel we need to perform exceptionally and quite a few players will need to be inspired but if they are a bit poor or we play better who knows.

We are in the champions league Semi so lets not be to timid and see what happens.

Biggus

Established Member
Jesus f**k wept Holland! :shock: When this page opened the first thing that assaulted my eyes was a dirty big filthy ManU crest......Could you have made it any bigger?......F**king disgusting!

Biggus

Established Member
Or the 4-2 V Wigan that pinched our usual 4th placed CL spot back from Spuds on the last game.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I feel very confident about this. People forget to factor in how utter **** Sp**s are. United lost huge to Liverpool just a few weeks ago and even though they saved face today their defence let in two embarrassing goals.

We'll either win this game with 2-1 or draw 2-2 and then we'll win the second leg at Emirates. My ideal lineup, injuries and possible comebacks considered, would be:

Almunia
Sagna - Touré - Djourou - Gibbs
Walcott - Song - Fabregas - Nasri
Eduardo - Adebayor

I really want to start with two strikers for this game. Every single goal United have conceded this season has been the result of offensive pressure against their defence. Their wingers are lazy at tracking back and their fullbacks are no match defensively. They're just waiting on being found out.

Zico

Established Member
After viewing United maul Sp**s today, Wenger will abandon any faint interest he had in the 4 4 2. He will field five midfielders, keeping both Eduardo and Bendtner on the bench.

These five midfielders will be Messrs Walcott, Denilson, Song, Fabregas and Nasri.

Anzac

Established Member
quincy42 said:
After viewing United maul Sp**s today, Wenger will abandon any faint interest he had in the 4 4 2. He will field five midfielders, keeping both Eduardo and Bendtner on the bench.

These five midfielders will be Messrs Walcott, Denilson, Song, Fabregas and Nasri.

Agreed - AW will go into his shell regarding the midfield & will again play Cesc in the hole. :roll:

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I honestly prefer five midfielders though if the only other alternative is Bendtner in his current form.

I'd prefer Cesc to play as a CM NOT AMC for a start.
And I'd have prefered to have had Vela getting some game time of late as a wild card option if AW were to decide to attack them. As it is he's really been limiting his options to an attack of Ade/RVP/Nik, with Nasri/Theo on the flank & Cesc in the hole.

Top Bottom