• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
has this been taken?? said:
Great article in the Guardian by Amy Lawrence about our rivalry with Utd:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/26/arsenal-manchester-united-champions-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ons-league</a>

For some reason, I'm feeling incredibly confident about the tie. I'm absolutely convinced that we will go through. Utd have been poor in recent weeks and as long as we're tight at the back, we have more than enough attacking prowess to win the tie.

Lol the United fans seem to be a bit upset by that one...gosh, I do despise them...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger will pull of a masterstroke if he plays Walcott on the left up against O'Shea who is almost certain to start at right-back.

...................................Almunia.................................

Sagna...............Toure.......................Djourou...............Gibbs

......................Diaby.......Song.......Fabregas......................
.....Nasri......................................................Walcott....

................................Adebayor...................................

Subs:

Fabianski, Silvestre, Eboue, Denilson, Vela, Eduardo, Bendtner

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I want the ManU of the first half against Sp**s. The first two goals they conceded are precisely what we can do by picking out Ade in the box, so let's get him in there.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I would have Sagna at left back and Eboue at right back with the rest of the team like the one Big Poppa went for. I don't see us loosing for some reason, I felt that Chelsea would do us and they did but I have a very different feeling about this one. I am going to say we will win this 3-1, I don't know but it's just a gut feeling....

progman07

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Wenger will pull of a masterstroke if he plays Walcott on the left up against O'Shea who is almost certain to start at right-back.
I guess you haven't seen Evra against Lennon. The masterstroke would be to stuff Theo with loads of balls and let him go for 1-on-1 with Evra, while 3 players are waiting for the cross in the box.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
People forget to factor in how utter s**t Sp**s are.

but people dont forget to factor in the fact that its not out of the realm of possibility wenger will keep faith in sylvestre, and put diaby and denilson in midfield and keep song on the bench. our lineup from the off is going to be so crucial, and i know im not alone when i say i dont have all the confidence in the world wenger will pick the right side.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
If they start spouting their mouths off about how they are going to kill us. 1-1 or 1-2 to us.

Every game that they fill the Sun with how they are going to "Gunning for the Gunners" or some such crap we beat them or draw.

Remember the build up to that 0-2 FA cup match where Edu and Sylvain Wiltord scored the 2? They had becks and some other Utd **** with bandanas and cowboy guns ... hilarious win for us. Remember Edu's face after he scored? Classic.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Klaus Daimler said:
People forget to factor in how utter s**t Sp**s are.

but people dont forget to factor in the fact that its not out of the realm of possibility wenger will keep faith in sylvestre, and put diaby and denilson in midfield and keep song on the bench. our lineup from the off is going to be so crucial, and i know im not alone when i say i dont have all the confidence in the world wenger will pick the right side.
That's all speculative though. The ****ness of Sp**s isn't. If we play to our strengths we'll make it difficult for United. Theo will tear Evra a new one. Most overrated fullback in world football right there.

Kenyonhater

How is it that ManU were able to switch their game against Boro before the second leg from the sunday to Saturday lunchtime - before our match at Portsmouth - but we weren't allowed to move today's game back to yesterday? From a situation where the advantage was evened out ManU now have the extra preparation and recovery time before both legs. This is unacceptable and deeply suspect and I want answers.

alonso14

Established Member
i cannot believe how quickly uou are writing off your own team

ok, United are probably favourites but they are hardly water tight at the back, and you have the players who can expose them at the back....Adebayor, Arshavin, Fanregas, Walcott, Nasri.....its hardly a poor list of players

in 2005 we played juve and Chelsea and were massive underdogs yet prevailed

you can win this.....you can definately score at there place....then you bring them nack to the Emirates....and anything can happen...you have beaten them once there

have some faith....the way some of you are talking its like a third division side being drawn against Utd in the FA Cup......

believe

entropy13

Established Member
alonso14 said:

ok, United are probably favourites but they are hardly water tight at the back, and you have the players who can expose them at the back....Adebayor, Arshavin, Fanregas, Walcott, Nasri.....its hardly a poor list of players

you can win this.....you can definately score at there place....then you bring them nack to the Emirates....and anything can happen...you have beaten them once there

have some faith....the way some of you are talking its like a third division side being drawn against Utd in the FA Cup......

believe

Only in Arsenal-Mania, the right thing to do is to crucify players, write off the team's chances, and point out that Arsenal have no winning mentality, that Arsenal are weak, etc. :roll:

And sometimes you'll wonder if this is actually "the Arsenal site, for Arsenal fans"

True Gooner

Established Member
alonso14 said:

believe

Thanks for that.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Biggus said:
Jesus f**k wept Holland! :shock: When this page opened the first thing that assaulted my eyes was a dirty big filthy ManU crest......Could you have made it any bigger?......F**king disgusting!

:eek:ops:

JazzG

Established Member
Breaks my heart not having Arshavin in this, I really think we would of gone through with him. In such a short space of time this guys impact has been huge, reason we are in the Top 4 which in turn has given us confidence for the CL as well.

We have to keep it tight and have to play a conservative and compact game here because they will blow us out of the water if we don't. Song has to play as does Sagna if he is fit.

henry79

alonso14 said:

believe

arshavin is cup-tied I dont think anyone here would have been that worried if we had him available.

we have a poor defence, we will leak goals and united have that much better fire power upfront and wenger doesnt play players in their best position,I can see him playing fabregas as an attacking midfielder!!!!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Our players need to show where they are capable off, this is a great motivation for the whole team beat the current Champions League Holders wouldnt be nice isnt it? and the current EPL Holders.

They need to fight like lions, eat their feed like animals. and do the job!

qs

Established Member
The key to winning this game is putting Song in a cage tonight and spending the next 3 days poking him with pointy sticks and feeding him raw meat.

Top Bottom