• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

Viper

Established Member
Is Eduardo available to play Man United? How about Clichy?

I would LOVE to see Eduardo and Adebayor starting up front. This would be a good team:

.........Almunia
Sagna Toure Djourou Clichy
Walcott Cesc Song Nasri
.....Eduardo...Adebayor

arsmile

Established Member
i'd say...

al
sagna-kolo-djourou-gibbs
song-?
theo-cesc-nasri
ade

denilson or diaby?- do we move cesc back and play someone ahead of him? do we put nasri there and bring bendtner or eboue on the wings?

Anzac

Established Member
Viper said:
Is Eduardo available to play Man United? How about Clichy?

I would LOVE to see Eduardo and Adebayor starting up front. This would be a good team:

.........Almunia
Sagna Touré Djourou Clichy
Walcott Cesc Song Nasri
.....Eduardo...Adebayor

AW won't play Eduardo unless he's feeling REALLY desperate. IMO we'll be lucky to see Eduardo H v CFC in between the CL S/F fixtures, or maybe v ManU in the PL after the 2nd leg.

On the other hand with Villa & Everton still dropping points, he may decide to rest as many players as he can ahead of the 2nd leg & play a reduced team v CFC, but I can't see it as it would make a further mockery of the CFC S/F debacle & I'm hoping a few players want some revenge (AA would love to get a crack at them).

kel varnsen

Established Member
a couple of uncertainties regarding this match.

will eboue or sagna play at right back? i think eboue deserves to play against man u. he was excelent today, while sagna was horrendous against liverpool.

will we play 4-5-1 or 4-4-2? i think wenger will opt for a five man midfield.

that leaves us with the last question, will wenger go for diaby or denilson? if it is diaby, nasri will play in central midfield, while diaby plays on the left side. if he choses denilson, nasri will take up the left midfielder position. i have a feeling he might go for the former:

almunia
eboue-toure-silvestre-gibbs
walcott-cesc-song-nasri-diaby
adebayor

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would like to see this

Almunia
Sagna Toure Djourou Gibbs
Eboue Nasri Cesc Song Walcott
Ade

True Gooner

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
a couple of uncertainties regarding this match.

will eboue or sagna play at right back? i think eboue deserves to play against man u. he was excelent today, while sagna was horrendous against liverpool.

Sagna. without a doubt. Eboue's a great back up but he is prone to errors and lack of concentration (See: Chelsea). Sagna was poor against Liverpool but he was rushed back from a virus and shouldn't have played to be honest.

will we play 4-5-1 or 4-4-2? i think wenger will opt for a five man midfield.

5 man midfield.

that leaves us with the last question, will wenger go for diaby or denilson? if it is diaby, nasri will play in central midfield, while diaby plays on the left side. if he choses denilson, nasri will take up the left midfielder position. i have a feeling he might go for the former:

almunia
eboue-Touré-silvestre-gibbs
walcott-cesc-song-nasri-diaby
adebayor

:shock:

I don't want to see Diaby, much less as a left midfielder - they've got either John O'Shea or Rafael as RB this week and we've got to hit them where it hurts. Won't be hard if United try to attack down our left.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i am fairly certain it'll be song, cesc and nasri in central midfield. that doesn't leave us with too many options on the left wing.

as for sagna, i wouldn't risk it. eboue has played well recently, while sagna has not. in fact, sagna has been fairly poor the entire season.

True Gooner

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
i am fairly certain it'll be song, cesc and nasri in central midfield. that doesn't leave us with too many options on the left wing.

I don't think we'll see Nasri in the middle because we don't have many options on the left

Song-Denilson
Walcott-Fabregas-Nasri
Adebayor

as for sagna, i wouldn't risk it. eboue has played well recently, while sagna has not. in fact, sagna has been fairly poor the entire season.

He was back to his best over the last 6 weeks though. And even when he was poor going forward, he was very solid at the back - his last poor game prior to Liverpool was against Everton in Jan.

Eboue also is prone to lapses in concentration see: Malouda a week ago.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Eboue's distribution from the back is absolutely sensational as is his running power but his positional sense (lack of) and lack of aggression in the tackle makes him a liability. Sagna is a safer option.

Diaby will come in on the left side with Nasri, Song and Cesc central. Theo needs to be sharper mentally than he was today cause he can be the difference giving the areas he finds himself in.

I like the look of that midfield 5, theres enough stamina, strength, vision and penetration in there to really cause Man U problems.

arsmile

Established Member
Anzac said:
Sagna RB, Theo LM & Eboue RM??????

if sagna's back, my midfield would have eboue at RM over diaby or denilson being involved, but i doubt wenger will do that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Too risky. Theo is a threat from the right side, we know this as fact. We havent seen him on the left side yet. COuld work out great or we could do united a favour by negating our second most important offensive threat.

A fit Eduardo would have been great on the left. Or Vela but he obviously aint doing it in training at the moment.

Anzac

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Too risky. Theo is a threat from the right side, we know this as fact. We havent seen him on the left side yet. COuld work out great or we could do united a favour by negating our second most important offensive threat.

A fit Eduardo would have been great on the left. Or Vela but he obviously aint doing it in training at the moment.

I think it's worth a shot as it also put Theo in a better position to shoot when he cuts inside. AW threw Eboue as LM H v Wigan(???) so I'd rate Theo as a better chance to make it succeed. If it doesn't work then that's what subs are for.

progman07

Established Member
Almunia

Sagna Djourou Toure Gibbs

Cesc Song Nasri

Theo Eduardo

Ade

I tried my best not to include Denilson or Diaby. Obviously this lineup won't happen, we all know at least one of the two will start.

Nela

Established Member
Wenger won't play Theo on the left.

Whoever plays on the left will have to do a lot of defensive work to help Gibbs. For that reason, I think Nasri will play there and be asked to protect Gibbs.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
progman07 said:
Almunia

Sagna Djourou Touré Gibbs

Cesc Song Nasri

Theo Eduardo

Ade

I tried my best not to include Denilson or Diaby. Obviously this lineup won't happen, we all know at least one of the two will start.

I think we all know Eduardo won't be near the starting XI...at least not in the first leg.

qs

Established Member
Anzac said:

I would love to see Theo play LM for this match. It'd give him so many shooting opportunities on his right and I don't think we'd miss his crossing too much because Uniteds defence is set up to deal with it. Plus the weakest area of the United defence is RB. Especially if O'Shea is still out. That leaves Fergie choosing between Neville who Theo can destroy with pace or Rafael whos attacking nature can be exploited. The counter to that though will be if we have both Rafael and Ronaldo attacking Gibbs or Silvestre at LB.

I think it's almost certain Theo will start right. I think Nasri will play left and probably Robin central if fit. I really hope Wenger starts Fabregas and Song in the middle. Thats where this game will be won or lost.

Anzac

Established Member
qs said:
Anzac said:

I would love to see Theo play LM for this match. It'd give him so many shooting opportunities on his right and I don't think we'd miss his crossing too much because Uniteds defence is set up to deal with it. Plus the weakest area of the United defence is RB. Especially if O'Shea is still out. That leaves Fergie choosing between Neville who Theo can destroy with pace or Rafael whos attacking nature can be exploited. The counter to that though will be if we have both Rafael and Ronaldo attacking Gibbs or Silvestre at LB.

I think it's almost certain Theo will start right. I think Nasri will play left and probably Robin central if fit. I really hope Wenger starts Fabregas and Song in the middle. Thats where this game will be won or lost.

Last I heard RVP was out, hence why we're almost certain it will be 451.
If we played a central midfield trio of Nasri, Song, Cesc, then that would place Nasri in a position to support both Theo & Gibbs on the left side, and place him in a better position to do so.

This could be the 'REAL' reason why AW has been playing Cesc ahead of 2 CMs - for the cover defence down the flanks & to allow Cesc to still concentrate on the attack.

Top Bottom