• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

nazo

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna-Toure-Djourou-Gibbs
Eboue-Nasri-Cesc-Song-Theo
Ade

If not, then move Eboue to rb because, believe it or not, i wouldn't mind him playing there. He's been really good for a while now (excluding the Chelsea game). As long as Nasri doesn't play on the left wing, i'm good.

Feet

Diaby will play ahead of Denilson because he's tall. He'll also play in the hole.

Almunia
Eboue\Sagna Toure Djourou Gibbs
Walcott Song Diaby Cesc Nasri
Adebayor

Nasri and Gibbs should be enough to keep an eye on Ronaldo.

Anzac

Established Member
nazo said:
Almunia
Sagna-Touré-Djourou-Gibbs
Ade

If not, then move Eboue to rb because, believe it or not, i wouldn't mind him playing there. He's been really good for a while now (excluding the Chelsea game). As long as Nasri doesn't play on the left wing, i'm good.

I don't think Eboue was particularly good defensively today - was out of position far too often & allowed the wide man plenty of room behind him.

qs

Established Member
Anzac said:
Last I heard RVP was out, hence why we're almost certain it will be 451.
If we played a central midfield trio of Nasri, Song, Cesc, then that would place Nasri in a position to support both Theo & Gibbs on the left side, and place him in a better position to do so.

Well if RVP definitely misses this theres only 2 ways this can go. 1 is Fab plays where he did today with Song and Denilson behind him, the other is Fab plays his more natural role with Diaby as part of the 3 ahead of him.

Unless Wenger pulls a rabbit out of his hat and starts with 2 up top. I really can't see that though.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
qs said:
The key to winning this game is putting Song in a cage tonight and spending the next 3 days poking him with pointy sticks and feeding him raw meat.

:lol:

alonso14

Established Member
sorry, forgot Arshavin was cup tied

anyway, **** em

just get a goal...keep it tight and **** em at the Emirates

simples

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
alonso14 said:
sorry, forgot Arshavin was cup tied

anyway, f**k em

just get a goal...keep it tight and **** em at the Emirates

simples

We always concede to United at home, but yeah I'll be happy if we just stay in contention at Old Trafford and then do the business at home...

Anzac

Established Member
I'm going to go on a hunch & go with:

Al
Sagna Toure Tweety Gibbs
Eboue Song Cesc Nasri Theo
Ade

alternatively

Al
Sagna Toure Tweety Gibbs
Theo Song Diaby Cesc Nasri
Ade

in both formations the central CM would be moving forward into the hole to support the striker.

Raider

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Biggest game of Songs career. Could make or break his role at Arsenal Football Club.

No way, one match make or break his role here.

Wenger isn't a harsh manager in that he'll disregard a player for a peformance.

Half a season of horrid peformances, and the bench is the worst punishment a player will get.

Wengers more along the lines of a " Whos best to learn from a mistake, then the player himself " sort of guy.

flobaba

True Gooner said:
Biggest game of Songs career. Could make or break his role at Arsenal Football Club.
Agree with first sentence.

Disagree with second. don't see why it should become a make or break game for him suddenly. He's the best/closest thing we have to a real DMF at the moment, and if he is able to play as well as we know he can, that will be great. If he can't or he has a bad game, shouldn't all of a sudden mean that he won't be able to make it here. Stop putting so much pressure on him.

Tony Montana

Established Member
We've beaten United this season without Arshavin so we can do it again.

He's not the reason why we'll win or lose because he's not played a minute for us in the CL ever.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I am so up for this game, I simply cannot wait. I just hope we do ourselves justice and put in a performance.

1-1 would be excellent, even a 2-1 defeat wouldnt be the end of the world. Scoring a goal is a must though, as I would think it is a certainty they will score at our place.

I hope we learn the lessons of Anfield as another defensive performance like that will be a disaster.

If we play well, I am quietly confident we can turn them over...we're on our way!

nazo

Established Member
Anzac said:
nazo said:
Almunia
Ade

I don't think Eboue was particularly good defensively today - was out of position far too often & allowed the wide man plenty of room behind him.

We were playing against Boro for crying out loud :p
Come to think of it, Eboue always seems to do well against ManU when playing at RB.

nazo

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
We've beaten United this season without Arshavin so we can do it again.

He's not the reason why we'll win or lose because he's not played a minute for us in the CL ever.

That's the spirit. We beat ManU when they were in good form at the beginning of the season. They look worse right now and we CAN beat them.

But like Rocky said, we NEED an away goal.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Eboue's distribution from the back is absolutely sensational as is his running power but his positional sense (lack of) and lack of aggression in the tackle makes him a liability. Sagna is a safer option.

Diaby will come in on the left side with Nasri, Song and Cesc central. Theo needs to be sharper mentally than he was today cause he can be the difference giving the areas he finds himself in.

I like the look of that midfield 5, theres enough stamina, strength, vision and penetration in there to really cause Man U problems.

I like the sound of that midfield. I think that is the one area of the pitch we are superior to the mancs...Giggs, Scholes, Anderson, Carrick? Three of those will play along with the Portugese ginger beer.

Obviously it all depends on how we defend and if barndoor bothers to put in a performance.

True Gooner

Established Member
flobaba said:
Disagree with second. don't see why it should become a make or break game for him suddenly. He's the best/closest thing we have to a real DMF at the moment, and if he is able to play as well as we know he can, that will be great. If he can't or he has a bad game, shouldn't all of a sudden mean that he won't be able to make it here. Stop putting so much pressure on him.

Fair enough. I got a bit carried away.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
qs said:
Anzac said:
Sagna RB, Theo LM & Eboue RM??????

I would love to see Theo play LM for this match. It'd give him so many shooting opportunities on his right and I don't think we'd miss his crossing too much because Uniteds defence is set up to deal with it. Plus the weakest area of the United defence is RB. Especially if O'Shea is still out. That leaves Fergie choosing between Neville who Theo can destroy with pace or Rafael whos attacking nature can be exploited. The counter to that though will be if we have both Rafael and Ronaldo attacking Gibbs or Silvestre at LB.

I think it's almost certain Theo will start right. I think Nasri will play left and probably Robin central if fit. I really hope Wenger starts Fabregas and Song in the middle. Thats where this game will be won or lost.
Very good point. Theo against Rafael would be good. Neville and O'shea is injured. But we don't see it. We will probably see Denilson in the middle with Nasri out left :(

nazo said:
Almunia
Ade

exactly the formation I wanted as well

Anzac

Established Member
nazo said:
Anzac said:

We were playing against Boro for crying out loud :p
Come to think of it, Eboue always seems to do well against ManU when playing at RB.

so why should it make any difference who we were playing against in regards to his performance / ability? The only real difference are the odds of him getting away with it & us not being punished.

Kain

Established Member
Could really do with Ade turning up for this one, hes got a few goals there in previous seasons & Utd have not looked water tight defensivly in recent weeks either.

qs

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
1-1 would be excellent, even a 2-1 defeat wouldnt be the end of the world. Scoring a goal is a must though, as I would think it is a certainty they will score at our place.

I hope we learn the lessons of Anfield as another defensive performance like that will be a disaster.

If we play well, I am quietly confident we can turn them over...we're on our way!

As long as we're still in within a goal leaving OT I'll be happy enough. Especially if we've got an away goal.

Top Bottom